Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

The entire list (afaik) of IL recruits since 2010:
    - Michael Mersch
    - Frankie Simonelli
    - Adam Miller
    - Aidan Cavallini
    - Matt Ustaski
    - Ryan Wagner
    - Matt Jurusik
    - Seamus Malone
    - Peter Tischke
    - Jason Dhooghe
    - Swann Dhooghe
    - Tyler Inamoto
    - Dominick Mersch

Accounts for 488 points among them across nine seasons.

Of course, this leaves out the Missouri kids: Kunin and Frederic.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Truth. Illinois can’t even retain the best chicago basketball stars in a sport they know so how the hell could they suddenly outgun Osiecki for recruits in a sport no-one in Champaign gives a **** about?

Btw, **** Illinois and Ped State. If we lose nodak, Denver, duluth, nmu, mtu, cc to play even MORE schools I don’t care about I will lose my ****.

Seriously, as good as tOSU was last year and with former Badger Rohlik at the helm I had seriously 0 interest in watching Ohio state hockey.

Yeah yeah yeah, old man rant the b10 hockey over.

EDIT: if we lose our non-con games! 😡😡😡😡
      I must agree that I also have zero interest in UW playing IL. Let them join another league.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I must agree that I also have zero interest in UW playing IL. Let them join another league.
        Howz aboot we start a new league, eh boys?

Let's put doze D2 schools in what I'll call da CCHA, boys. (IL, MI, MI ST, OSU, Ped St, Neutered Dame).

I'll den start da WCHA, boys. (WI,MN,UMD, MTU,NMU, NoDak, CO College, Denver U, Bemidji St, St. Cloud St,MN St, Mankato.)

Tell me dat doesn't sound good, boys. You can't.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          Howz aboot we start a new league, eh boys?

Let's put doze D2 schools in what I'll call da CCHA, boys. (IL, MI, MI ST, OSU, Ped St, Neutered Dame).

I'll den start da WCHA, boys. (WI,MN,UMD, MTU,NMU, NoDak, CO College, Denver U, Bemidji St, St. Cloud St,MN St, Mankato.)

Tell me dat doesn't sound good, boys. You can't.
          It's almost perfect der hey, but I'd go REALLY old school wcha and boot St.Clown and the Purple Cow U.

Comment

Now that we have the home 19-20 schedule, it might really be time to start the new thread

Sun Oct 6 - Exhibition (TBA)
            Fri Oct 18/Sat Oct 19 - UMD
            Fri Oct 25/Sat Oct 26 - Clarkson
            Fri Nov 15/Sat Nov 16 - Notre Dame
            Fri Nov 29/Sat Nov 30 - Michigan
            Fri Jan 10/Sat Jan 11 - Ohio State
            Fri Jan 17/Sat Jan 18 - Michigan State
            Fri Jan 31/Sat Feb 1 - Minnesota
            Fri Feb 14/Sat Feb 15 - Penn State
            Fri Feb 21/Sat Feb 22 - Arizona State
            Fri Mar 6/Sat Mar 7/Sun Mar 8 - Big Ten Quarters
            Sat Mar 14 - Big Ten Semi
            Sun Mar 22 - Big Ten Final

I think I read that all home playoff games would be at the Kohl Center.

Season ticket renewals are out, go get your seats locked in!

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
              Now that we have the home 19-20 schedule, it might really be time to start the new thread
              Nope, too soon.

You need some of that E.D. stuff the snake oil salesmen push on the radio. 🤣
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

Sun Oct 6 - Exhibition (TBA)
                Fri Oct 18/Sat Oct 19 - UMD
                Fri Oct 25/Sat Oct 26 - Clarkson
                Fri Nov 15/Sat Nov 16 - Notre Dame
                Fri Nov 29/Sat Nov 30 - Michigan
                Fri Jan 10/Sat Jan 11 - Ohio State
                Fri Jan 17/Sat Jan 18 - Michigan State
                Fri Jan 31/Sat Feb 1 - Minnesota
                Fri Feb 14/Sat Feb 15 - Penn State
                Fri Feb 21/Sat Feb 22 - Arizona State
                Fri Mar 6/Sat Mar 7/Sun Mar 8 - Big Ten Quarters
                Sat Mar 14 - Big Ten Semi
                Sun Mar 22 - Big Ten Final

I think I read that all home playoff games would be at the Kohl Center.

Season ticket renewals are out, go get your seats locked in!
                I'm still pondering getting season tickets for the first time next year, thinking about Friday night. It's all a matter of economics. It looks good at this point. I wonder if I can get 3rd tier first row?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Seriously, as good as tOSU was last year and with former Badger Rohlik at the helm I had seriously 0 interest in watching Ohio state hockey.
                  This almost reads like those comments from gophers fans who would rather actively try to be miserable than to enjoy enjoyable things, simply for the sake of proving how they're the "real" college hockey fans and it's impossible to like college hockey in [current year] because it's wrong and ruined and terrible and major realignments have NEVER happened before and YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, NO WAY NO WAY COLLEGE HOCKEY IS DEAD!

I say "almost," because you're smart enough to at least acknowledge how fun tOSU has been lately...the amount of times I've seen people cite PSU and OSU as examples of bad/terrible/boring hockey is crazy.

I've enjoyed Big Ten hockey more than the pre-2013 version of the WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    It's almost perfect der hey, but I'd go REALLY old school wcha and boot St.Clown and the Purple Cow U.
                    And bring in Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame?

Comment

While I'm on my soapbox...

They really should rip out a section of seats (a small one, 118 or 112) and replace them either with standing rails.

I'd go.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        This almost reads like those comments from gophers fans who would rather actively try to be miserable than to enjoy enjoyable things, simply for the sake of proving how they're the "real" college hockey fans and it's impossible to like college hockey in [current year] because it's wrong and ruined and terrible and major realignments have NEVER happened before and YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, NO WAY NO WAY COLLEGE HOCKEY IS DEAD!

I say "almost," because you're smart enough to at least acknowledge how fun tOSU has been lately...the amount of times I've seen people cite PSU and OSU as examples of bad/terrible/boring hockey is crazy.

I've enjoyed Big Ten hockey more than the pre-2013 version of the WCHA.
                        You are in the very small minority, because yes, the Big Ten did damage college hockey and it may never recover to the WCHA peak years.

You're also what like under 25? You probably didn't see much of the WCHA in its full power.

The NCHC is dominating college hockey, and the product on the ice is so much more interesting and close to NHL style than the Big Ten. Add Minnesota and wisconsin to that and you basically get what we had....
                        Last edited by Bonin21; 05-07-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          You are in the very small minority, because yes, the Big Ten did damage college hockey and it may never recover to the WCHA peak years.

You're also what like under 25? You probably didn't see much of the WCHA in its full power.

The NCHC is dominating college hockey, and the product on the ice is so much more interesting and close to NHL style than the Big Ten. Add Minnesota and wisconsin to that and you basically get what we had....
                          I concur Bonin21.

IMO, nothing beats the WCHA circa 80’s-early to mid 90’s.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            I concur Bonin21.

IMO, nothing beats the WCHA circa 80’s-early to mid 90’s.
                            I only was old enough to understand what was going on starting in the Bonin era but even in the 2000s the WCHA was sick.

Let's put it this way for the kid:

If you're a fan one of the most fun things is a road trip to a hostile conference environment. Road trip opportunities for Gopher (and badger) fans in the WCHA:
                            -UND, UMD, SCSU, MNSU, Omaha, UMN/uw, Bemidji
                            Longer road trips to fun places:
                            -MTU, CC, Denver

Road trips in the Big Ten:
                            -UMN/uw
                            -Maybe Notre Dame now but that's pushing it
                            -Ummmmmm

Also, how many opposing fans do you see at home games now? None, because they aren't going to make those long trips, either.

How many of your friends went to WCHA schools vs Big Ten schools and like to talk crap in good fun? Same for coworkers? Exactly.

Then there's the annual trip downtown to the freaking awesome Final Five...

The Gopher program was the single most negatively impacted by the realignment, and I bet wisconsin was number 2.
                            Last edited by Bonin21; 05-07-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Guys: the WCHA is never coming back, and the only way to avoid what happened is for college hockey to remain small and never grow.

In the long run, which option is better?
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Guys: the WCHA is never coming back, and the only way to avoid what happened is for college hockey to remain small and never grow.

In the long run, which option is better?
                                As a fan, who cares if it never grew? It's a niche sport and it's clearly not booming now... It was generating good profit for the big guys. Arenas were full and it was **** fun to be a part of the college hockey community.

Comment

Working...
                                X