Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Sportscenter top 10 had both the men's (#3) and women's (#6) team featured in it. Sadly, ESPN couldn't get the score right for the men's game. Said Wisconsin won 7-3.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

I was as excited as the rest of you by the result of last night's game, what a fantastic finish. And I will also agree that the forwards looked good, and I think the coaches made a point of telling them to carry the puck into the offensive zone rather than dumping and chasing like we've seen so often this year. I bet if I watched the game again and kept track I could tally the dump ins on one hand. When you carry the puck in, you have more options and good things happen.

The defense looked OK, but my goodness we still had some terrible decisions and some just plain bad luck that kept Michigan in it. Tiscke played a very physical game, right on that razor's edge, he was effective without taking penalties. But it was also so disheartening to see the breakdowns and Michigan was so quick to exploit them. Freitag scores a fantastic goal, but before they can even announce it, Michigan scores on the other end.

I have to admit, I had no confidence that we would be able to pull out a win in regulation, and I was sure we were going to lose in overtime. And I hated that I felt that way, but I've seen it so often lately. But, the boys proved me wrong. I haven't heard it that loud at the Kohl for a long time, it was like everyone let out a collective roar of relief. And no one wanted to leave afterward, everyone hung around until after the handshake to see the team salute at center ice. Has it really been that long?

I'm still pessimistic about tonight, and about the Big Ten tourney, but it's that magic time of year when The Backdoor Badgers have traditionally made their appearance. On a good day, they can still play with any division 1 opponent. Wisko is right, Wisconsin wins big games. Let's Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        Sportscenter top 10 had both the men's (#3) and women's (#6) team featured in it. Sadly, ESPN couldn't get the score right for the men's game. Said Wisconsin won 7-3.
        ESPN is irrelevant when it comes to hockey. Buccigross tries, and Melrose is on occasionally, but their hands are tied.

Ok, nice game last night but keep in mind, these 2 teams pretty much mirror each other! I'm going to drink Bud and eat popcorn like I did last night with my brother in da nort woods, and keep the momentum going.

Now let's pound those greasy, stinky, schitt eating, scavenging skunk bears and get the sweep.

Again...**** 'EM BUCKY........MEAT CHICKEN sucks!
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-02-2019, 02:52 PM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I wish ESPN would put their Top 10 online somewhere

Edit: Hey! Found it! https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=M25BPR0zaTE
          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 03-02-2019, 03:38 PM.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Same - Same

Let's go RED! Beat the Blue Weasels!

And by necessity--> Let's go Irish! Beat Penn St!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Nice sweep over those greasy, stinky, schitt eating, scavenging skunk bears. Too bad Notre Dame couldn't beat Ped State.

In athletics, YOU decide your future. Don't depend on anybody to help you out. Let's carry the momentum into next week wherever it is.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Clutch performance in crunch time. Two nights in a row. Awesome. Reminds me of old days.

Comment

Please take care of Pedo St. Yes, you can write this down, I am sorta kinda hoping maybe that WI wins. But it's for a selfish reason. Thank you.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

****!!! Almost felt like the Hukalo weekend. Good job lads
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It is a great feeling to fall asleep down one, wake up the next am, check Twitter and see the Swedish Assassin knifing all 6 of those greasy, stinky, schitt eating, scavenging skunk bears with one shot. Oh BABY!
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's been quite a while since I have been on the boards (Hi everyone!). I got tired of the Rodent fans trying to bask in past glories, and generally stinking up the place. BUT, last night's game was a godsend to this long suffering Badger fan. A friend got his hands on some third row seats, the best I have had in years, and the Kohl was LOUD. I'm sure that part of that was the final appearance by Professor Leckrone and I'll admit it, I got a tear in my eye seeing him actually dancing with the student section. After the game tying goal late in the third, I started to think that we could actually close out the weekend sweep with a solid push in OT. The disallowed goal didn't faze me, as I could see the Badger players get a look in their eyes that they weren't going away. And Weissbach moving through the Wolverines like the winning dog at the national agility championships was a thing of beauty. Thanks Badgers for putting a spark of hope in my heart for the future.
                        Badger Bob said it best - "It's a great day for hockey."

Comment

Just watched the 3rd and the OT, that's a lot of bad refereeing there, wow. Lots of no calls against UM in the 3rd, but the way our pp is, it may have been better not to get the calls. The early change call in the OT was total horseshiit. If we changed too early, then it's a too many call and a penalty, but they changed too early but no penalty? Where is that in the rulebook? If it was the change they showed on tv with the D changing, way behind the play, that's 1000% horseshiit. I had noticed Friday night I thought they were changing too far apart, but those changes were way worse what they showed on tv, IF that was the play. Thankfully Linus embarrassed the 6 guys on the ice and won it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Just watched the 3rd and the OT, that's a lot of bad refereeing there, wow.
                            I'm not sure what sparked the brawl (the check to the chin does come to mind), but I don't think it would have happened without the refs missing calls or "letting them play".

Comment

Originally posted by Headmanbrewing View Post
                              I'm not sure what sparked the brawl (the check to the chin does come to mind), but I don't think it would have happened without the refs missing calls or "letting them play".
                              Gorniac got decked after the play, and yes, that was brewing the whole 3rd period with the no calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Gorniac got decked after the play, and yes, that was brewing the whole 3rd period with the no calls.
                                Sorry, I should have said it better. The late hit on Gorniak was definitely the catalyst, but it was generally a well played game by both teams that boiled over pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X