Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    In person, we can't watch enough hockey, Tim! I'm even considering a couple high school games this Thursday.
    Take the whole day! The early games (10a and 12:30) feature future Badgers Casey Roepke and Ethan Mann from University School vs. Onalaska and Sam Stange and Zach Urdahl from EC North vs. Verona. Winners play each other Friday at 4. One might even spot Chuck Schwartz hanging around to watch EC North.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Take the whole day! The early games (10a and 12:30) feature future Badgers Casey Roepke and Ethan Mann from University School vs. Onalaska and Sam Stange and Zach Urdahl from EC North vs. Verona. Winners play each other Friday at 4. One might even spot Chuck Schwartz hanging around to watch EC North.
      Did I mention I met "Chuck" at a Capitols game? I recognized him from Twitter. Had a short talk.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Last nights BB game was like pounding your head against a wall for 3 hours. And that is why I prefer to watch hockey, or any other sport to the time out riddled BB. I hate sports where you need to foul to win.....
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Last nights BB game was like pounding your head against a wall for 3 hours. And that is why I prefer to watch hockey, or any other sport to the time out riddled BB. I hate sports where you need to foul to win.....
          I just happened to watch the last 3 mins of the game plus the the 2 OT's. Just brutal to watch. BB is broken.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I just happened to watch the last 3 mins of the game plus the the 2 OT's. Just brutal to watch. BB is broken.
            Haha! I watched the FIRST 3 minutes of the game and had to switch to Center Ice. I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of a game since Bo left.

Back to a real man's sport. Will K'Andre be back or do you think he's done this year? I don't know what to expect from these guys this weekend but of course, I'm always hoping for wins, especially against Meat Chicken. I can't remember the last time I missed a final home series and senior night (not to mention 2 WHB luncheons in a row), but this season (again) has my gut churning. I'll be at my brother's home in northeast Vilas County relaxing, but probably watching on the BTN.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-27-2019, 12:50 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              Last basketball game I went to was like watching paint dry. There were 15,000 golf clappers.

Unlike hockey games where everyone is crazy. Not nowadays but 5 years ago. There’s nothing like a packed kohl center full of hockey fans. It’s wild.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.... When hockey team gets good it won’t be long before the kohl is packed again. B-ball is boring. Football is meh, they have a horribly boring schedule every year and half the students don’t show up anymore. The Wisconsin brand seems to have become a bit boring to me. No real excitemen. Vball is big as it should be bc it’s exciting.

I hope Granato figures this out bc I’m ready for a god **** crazy kohl center. It’s been too long, I almost forget what it’s like to walk in there jacked up and ready to go.
              Last edited by druzy192; 02-27-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Will K'Andre be back or do you think he's done this year?
                He was skating in sweats per Todd Milewski today. They expect him back, maybe, for playoff next week.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

It's a great day for hockey...how about 2 games! Today I'm attending my 4th game of the year, I usually only do 1, so blessed to be in the position to get to do 4 this year. And I'm yanking my daughter out of school early too for the women's game, that should get me the Dad of the year award, right? Let's go RED!
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Let’s gore Ed, Timmy.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Some thoughts transplanted from the recruiting thread, concerning Tim A asking about the math of the impact of our poor PK.

Currently: we’re 96/133 on the PK. That’s 73.7% and truly awful.

In other seasons since the BTHC (2013 on), we are 503/793 or 81.4%. Fairly average numbers.

On 133 PKs, that change leads to 12 fewer goals scored against us. How that impacts our win percentage is a matter of random circumstances.

But goalie stats?

Lebedeff’s numbers this year:
                      68 GA, 3.30 GAA, 89.0 SV%

Berry:
                      37 GA, 3.21 GAA, 89.5 SV%

Split those 12 goals up based on playing time (8 for Lebedeff, 4 for Berry)?
                      Lebedeff: 60 GA, 2.92 GAA, 90.3 SV%
                      Berry: 33 GA, 2.87 GAS, 90.6%

Not a huge change, really, no one becomes a rock star overnight. But those numbers DO look a lot more normal.

And one can only imagine how having a defense alone might have a greater impact elsewhere. The basic defensive lapses that we see in the PK are kind of indicative of the defensive struggles we see in general, so maybe correcting 12 goals out of the PK also makes our overall defense better and saves us a few more goals per game.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

No sooner did I send that than did I look at the numbers again and realize that the team’s overall SV% hasn’t changed much since Eaves’ last good season (our first BTHC season), while PK% has varied a bit (with this year and 14-15 being two major outliers).

Not sure how much of an impact that has in general (mostly conjecture I’m sure), but maybe fixing the PK wouldn’t have a greater impact on team defense.
                        Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 03-01-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

From beautiful northeast Vilas County...it's Game Day *****es!

**** 'em Bucky!

**** MeatChicken!

Comment

Let's go RED! Beat the Blue Weasels!

And by necessity--> Let's go Irish! Beat Penn St!
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Also just watched the last half of the Lady Badgers. Expected, but what a massacre. Basically a 60 minute Power Play.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Bad pass by Ess (behind Tischke), but Tischke dogged it getting back, blew a tire, tic, tac, goal. C'mon defense, sharpen the **** up.

Comment

Working...
                                X