Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Nice to see The Puppies on the non-conference home schedule, but that's it? Clarkson and ASU won't bring in the crowd.
    ASU being in February might help attendance for that series, non-hardcore hockey people are in hockey mode by that time.

Go Blues.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Thanks! Glad it's not a terrible schedule conspiracy. It's just really weird they didn't put that in their emails, only the paper mailing that I didn't even open.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Schedule is out. 5 weeks between games from Dec7 to Jan 10. Yikes.

or find it HERE
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Schedule is out. 5 weeks between games from Dec7 to Jan 10. Yikes.
          The women have a giant gap like that too. Yuck.

Comment

I was REALLY hoping they'd get a really good home schedule this year. The good news is that there are 5 series after New Year's compared to 4 before, which is more balanced than last year's front-loaded situation.

The bad news is that one of those home series is Thanksgiving weekend, and two are during winter break. I'm not sure which weekend will be the de facto Halloween weekend, but hopefully it's November 1-2. That didn't use to be a problem, but it is now that games fully shifted from something you're supposed to follow and care about to something that's just kind of there.

That's bad luck for a program in desperate need of exposure to potential new fans (i.e. current students) and a more impressive gameday product (and sense of a fan base) for those who do wander in.

Could be worse, and there's always the Big Ten tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              The women have a giant gap like that too.

Roady to Vancouver anyone? I hear it's nice in September.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Like the women's Frozen Four this year, I'm up for it if someone subsidizes my trip!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I am very please that TG openly hates the schedule and the big winter break gap. The B6 coaches need to band together and fix it.

I think it is interesting that he is playing the international card this season. He knows he may not ever have a roster as talented as this one and he needs to fire all the shells for a big splash this year (as he has advertised to the fans) or things will get more uncomfortable for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    I was REALLY hoping they'd get a really good home schedule this year. The good news is that there are 5 series after New Year's compared to 4 before, which is more balanced than last year's front-loaded situation.

The bad news is that one of those home series is Thanksgiving weekend, and two are during winter break. I'm not sure which weekend will be the de facto Halloween weekend, but hopefully it's November 1-2. That didn't use to be a problem, but it is now that games fully shifted from something you're supposed to follow and care about to something that's just kind of there.

That's bad luck for a program in desperate need of exposure to potential new fans (i.e. current students) and a more impressive gameday product (and sense of a fan base) for those who do wander in.

Could be worse, and there's always the Big Ten tournament.
                    It looks like the basketball program is on it's way down so that may help hockey getting new fans. At least student section fans. I don't think they need new fans in general. I know at least 10 families myself that used to go to games and will probably (guessing) go again when they are good....like I've always said they are just waiting for a good reason to come out on a Friday or sat night when it's cold and dark.

Forget worrying about the "schedule"... like it matters all that much. Come on. If the team is good the fans will come. Badger hockey fans ain't dead in Wisconsin... it's the product on the ice that's been dead.

I root for the bball team btw... Just don't think its gonna work with Gard. Plus hockey is way more fun anyway when the team is good.

Hockey program doesn't need some gimmick to get people in the stands. Except... maybe the student section for a couple years. Other than that they just gotta win.
                    Last edited by druzy192; 06-07-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

It's not like all the badger hockey fans died 5 years ago from an aneurism when they saw the big ten was making a hockey conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                        It looks like the basketball program is on it's way down so that may help hockey getting new fans. At least student section fans. I don't think they need new fans in general. I know at least 10 families myself that used to go to games and will probably (guessing) go again when they are good....like I've always said they are just waiting for a good reason to come out on a Friday or sat night when it's cold and dark.

Forget worrying about the "schedule"... like it matters all that much. Come on. If the team is good the fans will come. Badger hockey fans ain't dead in Wisconsin... it's the product on the ice that's been dead.

I root for the bball team btw... Just don't think its gonna work with Gard. Plus hockey is way more fun anyway when the team is good.

Hockey program doesn't need some gimmick to get people in the stands. Except... maybe the student section for a couple years. Other than that they just gotta win.
                        Gard is a joke just like Soderberg. How the U got duped twice with h coaches retiring mid season to give their assistants a better chance is ludicrous.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          Seamus Malone has signed a pro contract. Wish him the best of luck in his future career!

Seamus Malone gets a contract for another year in Utica.

https://***********/UticaComets/stat...91563491467270

https://www.uticacomets.com/news/det...e-to-ahl-deals
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                            Way to to Seamus! 🇮🇪 One step away.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Bawstin goes down! DG to the Sabres.

Comment

Don new assistant in Buffalo:

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X