Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hastings was on many of our lists for sure.
    He was my number 2 after Coughlin, which was a stretch.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Yep, sure makes me wonder if Tony and Oz are on the right track for trying to bring the Badgers back to prominence. Or are they completely wrong and the Mike Hastings / Minn State method is the way to do it these days.....
      You have to wonder what the fan base here would think of that approach.

We aren't going to go after young studs who are predicted draft picks, we are going to wait and find the guys that we can develop and bring them in at an older age.

I'm sure that once (if) the method became successful people would be OK, but what would that transition look like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I saw that on twitter yesterday. I will admit I was a little shocked considering what the sue and the rodents have sent to the table.
        The gopher goalie really sunk their case when compared to the likes of Cujo/Belfour.
        UW vs UND:

Heatley > Parise (before his legs gave out)

Pavelski < Toews

Mellanby < Oshie

Chelios > Patrick

Suter > Ludwig

Cujo = Belfour
        Last edited by digitalbooya; 03-30-2019, 08:28 AM. Reason: Fixing formatting

Comment

Watching the Umass game today. Announcers where drooling over the Badgers next year.

Interesting that Carvel has Umass in the NCAA tourney in year 3 of taking over a not to stellar program at the time. Sure do hope the incoming players are the saviors of this program.

Comment

• Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post

Interesting that Carvel has Umass in the NCAA tourney in year 3 of taking over a not to stellar program at the time. Sure do hope the incoming players are the saviors of this program.
            Agreed. They really came out of nowhere! It shows what a fresh coach can do; Im anxiously waiting for it to happen here. (Former UMass coach "Toot" Cahoon should be in the college hockey HOF just for his handle!)

AIU had a Cinderella run, but their schedule, well....Meh.

I don't know about you guys but I'm pulling for a DU vs UMD final.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-31-2019, 10:37 AM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
              Watching the Umass game today. Announcers where drooling over the Badgers next year.

Yes.,and Eaves had Wisconsin in the tournament in year two and a title in year 4. There are many reasons I don’t buy the argument of more time being needed but here we are.

It’s critical Wisconsin win the title next season. These kids esp, Turcotte, Holloway, Miller, Kalynuk won’t be around beyond next season so the time is now. And once 1/2 the frosh Of Turcotte, Holloway, Caulfield, Lindmark etc al leave they’re back to middle of the pack.
              Last edited by solovsfett; 03-31-2019, 05:43 PM.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                It’s critical Wisconsin win the title next season. These kids esp, Turcotte, Holloway, Miller, Kalynuk won’t be around beyond next season so the time is now. And once 1/2 the frosh Of Turcotte, Holloway, Caulfield, Lindmark etc al leave they’re back to middle of the pack.
                Oh Solo, it's so very difficult to win the title! Just ask Mark Johnson. We have seen especially this year it's pretty much a crapshoot who wins these tourney games. I think it's super critical that UW make the tourney. If they make the tourney, anything can happen. It they win, awesome! But it's more important to establish themselves as a top 10 team and a B7 contender. That makes (most) fans happy and the program can gain some more momentum on the recruiting trail with the bigs. If they don't make the tourney next year, blow it up and start over, I don't see how there could be any other response to that.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What, no one here wants to post that TG is leaving to coach the Devils like someone did with Eaves years ago?

Comment

We’re waiting for the London Knights to poach a USNTDP recruit.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      We’re waiting for the London Knights to poach a USNTDP recruit.
                      One has to wonder how different Oplika's career might have been had he played @ UW. I can still see him on the bench as they were introduced at the Blake Geoffrion Classic that we attended and how excited we were, then it all blew up.

Comment

I heard he had to retire already due to hip injuries, so maybe we sided a bullet.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          I heard he had to retire already due to hip injuries, so maybe we sided a bullet.
                          Well, he was playing in Canada...

If you spend your downtime munching on Timbits, chugging Labatt Blue, and spending time with Canadian ladies you might end up with hip problems too!

I'm sure that if he had spent his time in Madison, enjoying the offerings from Greenbush Bakery, sipping an occasional Spotted Cow (once he reached the appropriate age, of course!) and spending his time with some of the wonderful UW coeds he would have ended up just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                            Well, he was playing in Canada...If you spend your downtime munching on Timbits, chugging Labatt Blue, and spending time with Canadian ladies you might end up with hip problems too!
                            Don't forget about that ****ing Poutine. Trust me, that stuff settles right on the waistline.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Don't forget about that ****ing Poutine. Trust me, that stuff settles right on the waistline.
                              Valid point.

One would have to think that the UW substitute of fried cheese curds would have had a similar impact...

Comment

Was it ever publicly disclosed the violations that lead to the vacating of our 1992 appearance? I’d seen posts on other forums saying that Derksen and MacDonald were paying cheap rent to live with boosters, but I have no idea how true that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X