Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I agree he probably won't end up @ UW. I just don't want to see him land at B6 school, but since he left to coach in the NHL, I think that is where he will end up. As great as the future looks, there are still questions about the coaching and it's probably a slam dunk we'd all sleep better tonight with DG back.
    Love to have him, but I'm not too worried about the staff yet. I'm still of the opinion that comparing the stats from 2 years ago and then this last year and concluding the big difference is Donny is a logical fallacy. Seems more reasonable to conclude that a large part of the difference would be having Kunin, Frederic, Hughes, and Wagner up front.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Did he offer any quotes or anecdotes? I’m not surprised because Don seems like he’s always coveted an nhl head coaching gig but it really rubs me the wrong way with how he said he was “indebted” to the U and then just bolted. Makes me think he was full of ****.
      He stated that a former player told him this and that DG didn't like the NCAA limited contact preseason, going to classes, academic tracking, etc.....
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        He stated that a former player told him this and that DG didn't like the NCAA limited contact preseason, going to classes, academic tracking, etc.....
        There’s a lot to coaching college hockey that has nothing to do with hockey.

I can only imagine that it’s not for everyone.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Who knows.

I don’t know about him being full of ****, at least not any more than Robbie Earl was when he said he’d be back for his senior year.

Sometimes people say things publicly that they know they “need” to say, but then real life happens and they sometimes decide that staying put isn’t for them.
          Truth. I’ll chalk it up to an overly hyperbolic introduction of the dream team coaching staff with all the videos and rah rah sentiments.

And objectively there was no way to keep all 3 guys around for very long. I’ll be happy if TG can retain Oz for a few more years. Despite my misgivings as to how poorly the D played last year.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Big Article on Donny today from the Athletic Bhawks guy.

Says he has a pretty good idea what his next move is!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
              Big Article on Donny today from the Athletic Bhawks guy.

Says he has a pretty good idea what his next move is!
              I might make enemies here. While it would've been great to keep him, now I say "except "**** him". I don't want his ego around or wondering when he's going to leave our program for another NHL gig.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                I might make enemies here. While it would've been great to keep him, now I say "except "**** him". I don't want his ego around or wondering when he's going to leave our program for another NHL gig.
                That's why I can't see him coming back. He could be the best coach of Oz, himself and TG, but he's not going to sit tight for 5 years even with the title of Assistant Head Coach.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Pondering titles during a boring lunch....

Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Are we THERE yet?
                  Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: If not now, never?
                  Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Seeing the right red.
                  Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Is this a dream?

All 4 can have a positive or negative interpretation, which I'm not sure I like considering I'm all in on the red Koolaid.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    I am sure that most NCAA coaches would say the same thing about those rules and many more of the rules. That doesn't mean that they can't work within those rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Pondering titles during a boring lunch....

Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Are we THERE yet?
                      Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: If not now, never?
                      Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Seeing the right red.
                      Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Is this a dream?

All 4 can have a positive or negative interpretation, which I'm not sure I like considering I'm all in on the red Koolaid.
                      I resubmit my future thread title suggestions...

For the offseason....
                      "Wisconsin Offseason 2019-Gearing Up to Shoot Our Way Out"

For the regular season...
                      "Wisconsin 2019-2020-Time to Get Offensive"

Comment

• Originally posted by islander98 View Post
                        I am sure that most NCAA coaches would say the same thing about those rules and many more of the rules. That doesn't mean that they can't work within those rules
                        Agreed. And why would Don Granato not remember this since he was a 4-year player? Good grief.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Jess Myers
                          @JessRMyers
                          The morning's biggest college hockey news: Looking like the @bigten
                          has scheduled a news conference for May 14 outside Chicago. The safe bet is it's the long-awaited announcement that the U of Illinois will be the eighth @B1GHockey
                          program. @TheRinkLive

Comment

Eventually a little competition for those Chicago kids for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              Eventually a little competition for those Chicago kids for you.
                              Not really. No one will pick IL over UW. No one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Not really. No one will pick IL over UW. No one.
                                Truth. Illinois can’t even retain the best chicago basketball stars in a sport they know so how the hell could they suddenly outgun Osiecki for recruits in a sport no-one in Champaign gives a **** about?

Btw, **** Illinois and Ped State. If we lose nodak, Denver, duluth, nmu, mtu, cc to play even MORE schools I don’t care about I will lose my ****.

Seriously, as good as tOSU was last year and with former Badger Rohlik at the helm I had seriously 0 interest in watching Ohio state hockey.

Yeah yeah yeah, old man rant the b10 hockey over.

EDIT: if we lose our non-con games! 😡😡😡😡
                                Last edited by solovsfett; 05-06-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X