Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Ewwwww. The Avs were much more fun to watch when Patrick Roy was the coach and Minnesota was running them out of the building. Now they're a one line team that is just as bad as Minnesota and Chicago. I will make my way to the X one day when Minnesota is good enough to warrant spending $100+ on a ticket. Probably about 8 years from now after the rebuild and Parise/Suter are retired.
    They were better to watch when Roy was PLAYING! I've been loyal to them, all the way back to the Quebec Nordiques. I was a big fan of the Stastny's, Joe Sakic, and especially Peter Forsberg.

I watched last night's presentation again today. Man was that good. Posick and the UW did a nice job. I really liked the moment when Mark's kids skated out with the banner and paused under the scoreboard over the Motion W.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
      I admit I had similar thoughts when they first showed it last night. And I still somewhat agree. But, since they had a set of next year’s recruits actually there yesterday, and another today, I think they are balancing the new reality of college players jumping from commitments on a whim and trying to over-impress them when they are in the building. I’m guessing they had similar thoughts about how the players would receive it, but figure the pros for the recruits outweighed the cons on the players watching it. I do wish they had run it during intermission rather than a TV timeout, because having the current players watch it on the bench was a bit awkward.
      I forgot they played that during a tv timeout, that is in really bad taste. These new guys are coming in to take playing time and rolls away from the returning players. That has to be bothersome to a certain extent. They know they are coming, but let's not smack them in the face with it. The last thing we need is chemistry issues on next year's team with the wonderboys vs the demoted. Labelling Hayton a savoir really blew up in their face, hopefully the coaches learned something from that.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Stats after MSU:

PWR T31st of 60 down 2 spots
        GPG 3.08 down 7 spots to 19th
        GAA 3.35 down one spot to tie for 47th
        PP% 18.18% tie for 27th, down 5 spots
        PK% 71.56% up one spot to 59th
        Pen Minutes 12.50 up one spot (worse) to tie for 16th (1st is the most penalties)
        Faceoff % 41.9% still dead last at 60th (and still dead last)
        Stats after OSU:

PWR 36th of 60 down 5 spots
        GPG 2.93 down 8 spots to tie for 27th
        GAA 3.32 stay at 47th
        PP% 16.51% 42nd, down 15 spots
        PK% 73.55% still at 59th
        Pen Minutes 13.4 up 6 spots to 10th worse (1st is the most penalties)
        Faceoff % 42.1% still dead last at 60th (by 2%)

Pretty darn ugly. We are now essentially in the bottom half of college hockey in every category and a majority are in the bottom 25%.

Post game Tony said the 2nd period was their worst of the season. Really a disappointment in front of a sell out. I think the goal the rest of the year should be correcting errors and getting as much experience as possible for the young guys.
        Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-11-2019, 11:37 AM.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Also, Brian Posick this morning on the radio indicated they "might" be without K'Andre Miller the rest of the year. Assuming he might have inside knowledge on that, but can't confirm at this point. All out this was a horrible weekend other than the Mark Johnson jersey retirement which can be seen here:

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

I don't want to sound like the UW "everything is great" media machine, but for the weekend, the PK was .916. I still think it will even out to some point. The PP on the other hand was 0%. Both games were winnable if they pop a ppg in each game.

Comment

You are all missing the most amazing part of the weekend...Barry Alvarez was there!

He knows where the hockey rink is you guys!!!

[/snark]

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                You are all missing the most amazing part of the weekend...Barry Alvarez was there!

[/snark]
                He goes to BB games, right? Too bad he had to read a prepared document and couldn't wing it. That should have been a wingable event for as little as he really said.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I don't want to sound like the UW "everything is great" media machine, but for the weekend, the PK was .916. I still think it will even out to some point. The PP on the other hand was 0%. Both games were winnable if they pop a ppg in each game.
                  The O'fer PP streak is 0 for last 25 and 0 power play goals in the last seven games.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

[/snark]
                    Hopefully he stuck around to see the "great" game.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      This crowd tonight PROVES there is still interest in Badger hockey. What an exciting, emotional, exhilarating evening! .
                      I’ve said it multiple times.... the fans are still here. The team just sucks. Put a good team on the ice for a few months straight and the barn will be packed again. Not gonna take 3-4 seasons and some complicated public relations thing to get them back. Just stop being a piece of crap program.

Id pay $20 not to have to spend 3 hours driving and parking and watching this team sh%t the bed. That’s $7 an hour. I got better stuff to do and I’ll start paying to watch games again when they are good again.

Comment

He goes to BB games, right? Too bad he had to read a prepared document and couldn't wing it. That should have been a wingable event for as little as he really said.
                        All that stuff happened before he got to Madison, so it really didn't happen.
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Young teams aren't winning

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4569903-unds-recent-commits-give-window-recruiting-strategy

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            LOL, I was just going to post the same link. This way you get to rain on the parade instead of me. Why do you have to be such a Debbie Downer?

Comment

LOL, I was just going to post the same link. This way you get to rain on the parade instead of me. Why do you have to be such a Debbie Downer?
                              I'm hopeful for the future. I think "turning around the ship" takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                                I'm hopeful for the future. I think "turning around the ship" takes time.
                                Just have to hope that the "Puppies don't crap in the barn."
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X