Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by Iron City View Post
    Wisko, Are you aware that Tony actually did that today? A 54 year old man challenging a player on his team to a fight. A no win situation for a college player.
    I think one of the things that's so concerning, is that we had so few players last night that wouldn't just completely get their *** kicked by a 54 year old man.

Emberson ended the night even in +/- despite playing huge minutes with Inamoto going down in the first. I'd have to re-watch to see if that was all just luck or if he really stood tall. Emberson is the one super consistent guy so it probably wasn't just luck, but there's absolutely no way I'm re-watching any of that game to confirm.

--Also, has anybody considered the idea that perhaps most all the players have joined some sort of quasi-religious group in which Friday is held out as a day of rest? Because that would explain a lot.
    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 02-23-2019, 08:38 AM.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Wisko was merely making an inside joke for his own amusement. Adding a little "Leavitty" to the situation if you will.
      So I read your original post exactly right.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Oh man.... I got punked badly. Ugh
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Oh man.... I got punked badly. Ugh
          “That’s nothing”

- Lebedeff looking at his defenders
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            “That’s nothing”

- Lebedeff looking at his defenders
            🤣🤣

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Wisko was merely making an inside joke for his own amusement. Adding a little "Leavitty" to the situation if you will.

That 'one post' Iron City follows it with an accusation against Tony seems to me to be a pretty good troll job.

Unless of course on the very, very, off-off chance it isn't, (which would be such a mind boggling coincidence I almost hope it isn't) we can take comfort in the fact that after the last hotel hallway fight, the Badgers won about 75 games over the next 3 years.
              Well, what do we have here? A ****ing comedian, private joker😂

https://youtu.be/sMEFcYij2uY

Comment

In Todd's game article, Granato quote, "....I've defended our guys' effort in staying in games....".

Does this mean he's done defending them and finally recognizing (without bullschitting fans) that there's a major schism?

Personally, I'm currently more disgusted in this program now than I was in 2015. We didn't expect much in Eaves' final years, but we expected a helluva lot more under these guys.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

How the team reacts to that loss will tell a lot.

A few stupid plays killed their rally after tying it at 2-2. Ahcan muffs a pass in d zone they pick off and score. Blown faceoff coverage and bad outlet pass on faceoff WE WON and they score. The team did not handle the blown plays well and the wheels fell off.

Essentially, if their forwards are always beating our forwards to pucks, we are going to take penalties, not possess the puck, and our defense and goaltenders are going to be under pressure all the time. If we have forwards as good or better than the other team, that will not be the case. It will make a big difference next season.

Everyone keeps saying the one and dones will be a band aid. Everyone coming in next year at forward is not a one and done. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Turcotte left after a year. Caufield needs to gain strength, Holloway is a 2020 draft prospect, Donovan is coming from high school, Lindmark is a middle round guy, and Pelton-Byce will be around 2 years. This will give other players a chance to come into the program and mature, including the current crop of Freshmen forwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post

Everyone keeps saying the one and dones will be a band aid. Everyone coming in next year at forward is not a one and done. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Turcotte left after a year. Caufield needs to gain strength, Holloway is a 2020 draft prospect, Donovan is coming from high school, Lindmark is a middle round guy, and Pelton-Byce will be around 2 years. This will give other players a chance to come into the program and mature, including the current crop of Freshmen forwards.
                    The last part of this is actually what I am most excited about. I can’t wait for this current team’s freshmen to be the junior and senior leaders on the Badgers. Caufield, Achan, Gorniak, Messner and Mersch are going to be an awesome group of leaders after two or three years’ growth.

Comment

Interesting that Johnson and Berry are in the doghouse. Achan was yesterday getting bumped to the extra F, then gets bumped up to the first line today.

What I got out of the newspaper article was TG was pretty much done taking a bullet for the players.

Awesome start for tonight, 2-0 after 1, 3/3 on the PK and 1/1 on the PP.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        In Todd's game article, Granato quote, "....I've defended our guys' effort in staying in games....".

Does this mean he's done defending them and finally recognizing (without bullschitting fans) that there's a major schism?

Personally, I'm currently more disgusted in this program now than I was in 2015. We didn't expect much in Eaves' final years, but we expected a helluva lot more under these guys.
                        This is a total Sh*tshow so far. Anyone who says different is nuts. If Granato has some master plan where it takes 5 years to resurrect a program than great. I hope so.

We were hanging at my moms tonight. Shes 70 years old and had 4 season tickets going back to Bob Johnsons Badgers. I asked her what she thought about the program...."Sometimes the best players dont make the best coaches."

Ohio State just won the Big Ten. Steve Rohlik is the head coach, former badger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Interesting that Johnson and Berry are in the doghouse. Achan was yesterday getting bumped to the extra F, then gets bumped up to the first line today.

What I got out of the newspaper article was TG was pretty much done taking a bullet for the players.

Awesome start for tonight, 2-0 after 1, 3/3 on the PK and 1/1 on the PP.
                          Until we hear differently from Todd, I don’t think Johnson is in the doghouse- I think Granato just shuffled lines after last night, and with Mersch out injured Johnson adds experience with Caufield moving over to Center that line. Achan’s “punishment” must have just been a single game.

I am still surprised by the Berry news. We won’t know what happened, but he’s literally the last guy on this team I would have guessed if you’d have asked me who would be benched for a disciplinary issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                            Until we hear differently from Todd, I don’t think Johnson is in the doghouse- I think Granato just shuffled lines after last night, and with Mersch out injured Johnson adds experience with Caufield moving over to Center that line. Achan’s “punishment” must have just been a single game.

I am still surprised by the Berry news. We won’t know what happened, but he’s literally the last guy on this team I would have guessed if you’d have asked me who would be benched for a disciplinary issue.
                            Couple years ago, or last year, pretty sure it was Berry that did something stupid..... as a result Granato wrote on the White Board: "Rule 1: Don't be a dick. Rule 2: See Rule 1."

Comment

Go figure.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

https://youtu.be/JjYeREIHCsw

Lombardi for the win.

Glad to see UW respond to last night’s complete embarrassment.

Comment

Working...
                                X