NFL 2019: Superb Owl and Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019: Superb Owl and Offseason

Sure looks like one group definitively "won" that.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Totally looked like Rhode Island guys up for the celebration. Ever been to a nightclub in Providence? Lets just say you'd better be prepared to throw down a moment's notice pretty much your whole time there.

Oh and Scarlet, if you couldn't be bothered to stick around for the parade, don't tell me not to celebrate the victory. Some fan you are.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Totally looked like Rhode Island guys up for the celebration. Ever been to a nightclub in Providence? Lets just say you'd better be prepared to throw down a moment's notice pretty much your whole time there.

Oh and Scarlet, if you couldn't be bothered to stick around for the parade, don't tell me not to celebrate the victory. Some fan you are.
        Ain't much difference between Rhode Island guys and Boston-bros. They're all Mass-holes, no matter where they come from.

One of those sweet angels that graced our town with his presence last winter. Trust me, they're all like that, its just a matter of degree.

https://www.conwaydailysun.com/news/...fb79e9799.html
        Last edited by rufus; 02-06-2019, 10:31 AM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Ain't much difference between Rhode Island guys and Boston-bros. They're all Mass-holes, no matter where they come from.

One of those sweet angels that graced our town with his presence last summer. Trust me, they're all like that, its just a matter of degree.

https://www.conwaydailysun.com/news/...fb79e9799.html
          Mass-holes have been priced out of the Boston metro real estate market for the last 25 years. I get a kick out of movies like Good Will Hunting and Mystic River. Try buying or renting a place on a truck driver or laborer salary in Southie or Charlestown nowadays. If you don't have two 6 figure incomes (or one really, really high one) don't waste your time. Its been that way for a long time now.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Mass-holes have been priced out of the Boston metro real estate market for the last 25 years. I get a kick out of movies like Good Will Hunting and Mystic River. Try buying or renting a place on a truck driver or laborer salary in Southie or Charlestown nowadays. If you don't have two 6 figure incomes (or one really, really high one) don't waste your time. Its been that way for a long time now.
            But a off-and-on chef and a barista can afford a spacious apartment in New York. Just ask Rachel/Monica.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              But a off-and-on chef and a barista can afford a spacious apartment in New York. Just ask Rachel/Monica.
              Right off of Central Park, no less.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                I remember people laughing about that when Friends was on.

The show that captured Boston best at the time it was in was Cheers. We all knew people like that. And, they lived where you'd expect. Carla was by the airport in East Boston, Woody lived in Chinatown but pretentious snobs Lilith and Frasier were on Beacon Hill maybe (where the bar is) and Woody's fiancé's family was in Weston. They totally nailed it.

Nowadays Carla would still be working as a waitress (they NEVER retire). Norm would be in Florida living off of some disability scam. Cliff would have to still live with his Mom to afford the city on a mailman's salary. Sam would have landed one of the 10,000 sports radio jobs for ex-scrubs now that the Red Sox are good. Woody would have ditched his city council job for a sweet county registrar of deeds or clerk of courts gig where all old politicians to go die (and collect well over a hundred large a year with a full pension for a job that nobody knows what its for).

Comment

I remember people laughing about that when Friends was on.

The show that captured Boston best at the time it was in was Cheers. We all knew people like that. And, they lived where you'd expect. Carla was by the airport in East Boston, Woody lived in Chinatown but pretentious snobs Lilith and Frasier were on Beacon Hill maybe (where the bar is) and Woody's fiancé's family was in Weston. They totally nailed it.

Nowadays Carla would still be working as a waitress (they NEVER retire). Norm would be in Florida living off of some disability scam. Cliff would have to still live with his Mom to afford the city on a mailman's salary. Sam would have landed one of the 10,000 sports radio jobs for ex-scrubs now that the Red Sox are good. Woody would have ditched his city council job for a sweet clerk of courts gig where all old politicians to go die (and collect well over a hundred large a year with a full pension for a job that nobody knows what its for).
                  The Cheers atmosphere is still dead-on when it comes to local bars (and now taprooms). That... ambiance...my local taproom is DEFINITELY like that, with the different personalities and such.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And there's still condo's going up in Southie. Sold mine almost 3 years ago to an investor that turned it into a 3 bedroom rental.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Southie was still neck-deep in blue-color racist meatheads in the late 80s to mid 90s, and Boston writ large was the most virulently racist place I've ever lived in by a large margin.

It may have been fumigated since then, but I have a hard time imagining it.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Southie was still neck-deep in blue-color racist meatheads in the late 80s to mid 90s, and Boston writ large was the most virulently racist place I've ever lived in by a large margin.

It may have been fumigated since then, but I have a hard time imagining it.
                        Looooong gone Kep. Way too expensive. Late 80's to early 90's was their swan song (and most likely the basis for some of these movies). Economy picked up quickly in Clinton years and it was either cash out or (if you were a renter) get booted. If you ever see a construction site in the Boston area half the license plates are from New Hampshire. Part of that is an unprecedented building boom but the other part is there just aren't enough local workers left. All techies, lawyers and corporate stiffs like myself now. Places like East Cambridge, Somerville, and East Boston were the last pockets to hang on, and they're gentrified now as well. Same goes for places like Waltham and Watertown within the 128 belt that used to be affordable.

Comment

Been visiting this site for a very long time. Outside of Scarlet all fans from Boston are mass-holes to one degree or another.

(I'm forgetting to absolve a few others but Rover aint one of them)

Comment

Nowadays Carla would still be working as a waitress (they NEVER retire). Norm would be in Florida living off of some disability scam. Cliff would have to still live with his Mom to afford the city on a mailman's salary. Sam would have landed one of the 10,000 sports radio jobs for ex-scrubs now that the Red Sox are good. Woody would have ditched his city council job for a sweet county registrar of deeds or clerk of courts gig where all old politicians to go die (and collect well over a hundred large a year with a full pension for a job that nobody knows what its for).
                            Howie Carr, is that you?!

Looooong gone Kep. Way too expensive. Late 80's to early 90's was their swan song (and most likely the basis for some of these movies). Economy picked up quickly in Clinton years and it was either cash out or (if you were a renter) get booted. If you ever see a construction site in the Boston area half the license plates are from New Hampshire. Part of that is an unprecedented building boom but the other part is there just aren't enough local workers left. All techies, lawyers and corporate stiffs like myself now. Places like East Cambridge, Somerville, and East Boston were the last pockets to hang on, and they're gentrified now as well. Same goes for places like Waltham and Watertown within the 128 belt that used to be affordable.
                            Prices anywhere inside or around the 95 belt are nuts. My girlfriend and I are trying to buy a house this year, as the commute from Lowellish to Watertown is vicious, and as soon as I get to Burlington I can't afford anything other than a postage stamp.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              Prices anywhere inside or around the 95 belt are nuts. My girlfriend and I are trying to buy a house this year, as the commute from Lowellish to Watertown is vicious, and as soon as I get to Burlington I can't afford anything other than a postage stamp.
                              Are you sure? Postage rates increased last month.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Are you sure? Postage rates increased last month.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X