Gotta love stadium scams....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Re: NFL 2019: Superb Owl and Offseason

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      There's no real correlation but upon reading this I immediately thought of this...

Comment

The 18-game season idea won't die.

I will admit, the idea that a player can only play in 16 games is intriguing simply from the standpoint of managing your roster (think MLB Playoff pitching). But I also say this as someone who, 99 out of 100 times, will pass on actually buying a ticket to a game. I can see people being ****ed if they went to see a star QB/RB and saw that they were off the roster for that week.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I will admit, the idea that a player can only play in 16 games is intriguing simply from the standpoint of managing your roster (think MLB Playoff pitching). But I also say this as someone who, 99 out of 100 times, will pass on actually buying a ticket to a game. I can see people being ****ed if they went to see a star QB/RB and saw that they were off the roster for that week.
          I mean, if they're going to do 18 games, and don't get me wrong they shouldn't, but if you are, you have to go all in and have all the players play all of the games (barring injuries and the other usual stuff). As you said, what's the point if then you don't get all of the players for all of the games. I mean, I know the point is two more weeks of ticket sales and TV revenue without having to actually pay players more, but it would be a little too on the nose.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I think the 18 game season is a total negotiations ploy. Its a way for owners to get other things they want by starting with wanting to add 2 more games. I still think the answer is 17 games with every team playing a game in Europe, Mexico, Canada or somewhere without an NFL team in the US. I think that is preferable to me because it removes teams giving up home games to play these foreign games. Their fans don't deserve to lose home games for these opportunities.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Should this come to fruition, your concerns will be easy decisions for some coaches (Sit your stars when you play the Lions) and fans (Don't buy a ticket if the Lions are in town)
              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
              Groucho Marx
              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
              Ron White
              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
              Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                Should this come to fruition, your concerns will be easy decisions for some coaches (Sit your stars when you play the Lions) and fans (Don't buy a ticket if the Lions are in town)
                You misspelled Jets.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They were talking about this on KFAN the other day. So, your star offensive lineman (or two) has to sit, and some backup has to protect your star QB? This 18 game (16 max per player) could add to MORE injuries...

I wish they would just cut 2 preseason games, and keep the 16 game reg season. It's about as good as you're gonna get, for a balance of everything.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Charges were filed in Kansas Friday for the draft-night shooting of Giants rookie Corey Ballentine, in which teammate Dwane Simmons was killed.

According to Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com, 18-year-old Francisco Alejandro Mendez was charged with seven counts, including first-degree murder.

He also faces charges of premeditation, attempted murder in the first degree and five counts of aggravated robbery, according to the Shawnee County (Kansas) District Attorney’s office. Mendez is being held on $1 million bond.

Ballentine and Simmons were walking away from a party in Topeka, hours after the Giants selected the Washburn cornerback in the sixth round, when the incident happened. Simmons was killed, and Ballentine suffered a gunshot to the rear.

Ballentine resumed practicing by the end of the offseason work, and is expected to be ready for training camp.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

XFL considering an OT that supposedly will involve both offenses and defenses lining up against each other on both 2-yard lines and alternating conversion attempts, shootout style, best of 5 attempts wins.

That is absolutely insane and I love it.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        XFL considering an OT that supposedly will involve both offenses and defenses lining up against each other on both 2-yard lines and alternating conversion attempts, shootout style, best of 5 attempts wins.

That is absolutely insane and I love it.
                        That's hilarious and I love it.

I can be a non-purist about football because I don't give a sh-t about it. It's liberating.

I also like it because the high dollar value muckety muck corporate swine at the 50 get f-cked.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          I think the 18 game season is a total negotiations ploy. Its a way for owners to get other things they want by starting with wanting to add 2 more games. I still think the answer is 17 games with every team playing a game in Europe, Mexico, Canada or somewhere without an NFL team in the US. I think that is preferable to me because it removes teams giving up home games to play these foreign games. Their fans don't deserve to lose home games for these opportunities.
                          A very Trumpian negotiating ploy: demand something outrageous, threaten to walk if you don't get it, and at the last minute, grudgingly give it up in exchange for all the things you wanted in the first place.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Yesterday in the CFL, Winnipeg beat Ottawa 31-1.

Looking for an explanation of that.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

A Rouge. Forcing a touchback, basically
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                A Rouge. Forcing a touchback, basically
                                Proper term is a Single.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X