Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019: Superb Owl and Offseason

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I think the astonishment is signing with a team with which he has no shot at being their starter.
    Not knowing all the teams situation, but seriously, where would he have a shot at being the starter?

Making big bucks to sit on the bench isn't an unattractive option.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Not knowing all the teams situation, but seriously, where would he have a shot at being the starter?

With his 15 mil signing bonus last year he's at 40 mil career. Getting to play for a Super Bowl contender and save your body for a million wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The only starter job right now might be the Dolphins
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

This.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Todd Bowman signed on with the Vikings back in 1998, a rookie out of SCSU that year. My roommate was a friend of his, the center on SCSU's team. He told me that Bowman loved his job - he made the rookie minimum to hold a clipboard and toss a ball. Two or three years into it, he ended up playing because of injuries. He ended up playing all right and was a slightly below average starter for a few different teams during his career.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I think the astonishment is signing with a team with which he has no shot at being their starter.
              Maybe he watched the Super Bowl and thought, hmm....
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Todd Bowman signed on with the Vikings back in 1998, a rookie out of SCSU that year. My roommate was a friend of his, the center on SCSU's team. He told me that Bowman loved his job - he made the rookie minimum to hold a clipboard and toss a ball. Two or three years into it, he ended up playing because of injuries. He ended up playing all right and was a slightly below average starter for a few different teams during his career.
                Also heard stories that Todd was a doosh. I was working at Shinder's at the time, and he apparently came in one day and asked the staff why the store wasn't featuring his sports cards. Was rather angry about it, also.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm not a moron you morons. Of course anyone would take that kind of money even if it's to hold a clipboard. But most of NFL QBs are alphas and would prefer to start if they had the option. Are OAK, NYJ, DEN, MIA, ARI locked in? Good for him of course just saying.

Comment

Gronk retires.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Gronk retires.
                      Happy for the guy. Sort of expected it too. Tons of injuries and decline in production this year until we got vintage Gronk back for the playoffs including two signature goal line catches in both the AFCC and the SB that were crucial to winning both games. In fact the last catch of his career will be that diving grab at the 2 yard line to set up the only TD of the Super Bowl late in the 4th. No better way to go out than that.

I also think its funny he's the only player other than Brady to screw Belichick and live to tell about it. In an occasional idiotic personnel move that GM Belichick sometimes makes, he tried to trade Gronk to Detroit last year only for Gronk to tell him that he either catches passes from Brady or he retires! As we can all see, that was fortunate for the Pats given how the playoffs played out.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Also heard stories that Todd was a doosh. I was working at Shinder's at the time, and he apparently came in one day and asked the staff why the store wasn't featuring his sports cards. Was rather angry about it, also.
                        Did they tell him, "win something" or just say "who are you"?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Did they tell him, "win something" or just say "who are you"?
                          More the latter, and in an honest way. They didn't know who he was until he told them.

Comment

More the latter, and in an honest way. They didn't know who he was until he told them.
                            Was he still playing at the time? Heard of a similar situation in the town I grew up in. We've had one baseball player make the majors, but it was like 15 years prior to when he was still pulling the "do you know who I am" at local restaurants in town. Given that he had a short career, the answer was generally "no, not really".

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Was he still playing at the time? Heard of a similar situation in the town I grew up in. We've had one baseball player make the majors, but it was like 15 years prior to when he was still pulling the "do you know who I am" at local restaurants in town. Given that he had a short career, the answer was generally "no, not really".
                              Dr. Mrs. taught Joey Harrington at UO. He actually asked her "don't you know who I am?" in a lecture, and she (honestly) responded "no, but I know that right now you're failing."

Needless to say, she was not permitted to fail him. At least he was borderline -- this wasn't the Big Ten.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                He was. He basically thought his sh* didn't stink, because he was a "local hero" that made the big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X