X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019: Superb Owl and Offseason

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    So which of these fools is Rover?
    My bet is grey shirt / blonde afro who takes it full in the teeth and goes down behind the car, never to be seen again.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      My bet is grey shirt / blonde afro who takes it full in the teeth and goes down behind the car, never to be seen again.
      I'd never wear a blonde afro to a Pats parade. Red, white and blue baby!

Let's let's have some love for us poor Boston fans who had to go a whole 3 months without a title.

Bottom line - the local sports teams feed off of the awesomeness of the local population. Its the only explanation that fits.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Oy, Rover. Enough.

I went to the parade. Or at least I tried to. I work a block away from the parade route. It was madness. I didn't stay. Maybe I'm getting to old for this crap. People were pushing and trying to get closer and I was like "People are standing 10 deep. Where do you think you're going to go??" I went to the Red Sox parade and I thought that crowd was nuts. There had to have been twice as many people today.

Which poses an interesting question - why? The Red Sox have been around longer. What is it about baseball vs. football? And I suppose you could throw other sports into that mix as well. For those of you that live in cities with multiple teams, which one do you think would draw bigger fans? I'm thinking of cities like Chicago or LA. What sport would generate more crazy crowds?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Oy, Rover. Enough.

I went to the parade. Or at least I tried to. I work a block away from the parade route. It was madness. I didn't stay. Maybe I'm getting to old for this crap. People were pushing and trying to get closer and I was like "People are standing 10 deep. Where do you think you're going to go??" I went to the Red Sox parade and I thought that crowd was nuts. There had to have been twice as many people today.

Which poses an interesting question - why? The Red Sox have been around longer. What is it about baseball vs. football? And I suppose you could throw other sports into that mix as well. For those of you that live in cities with multiple teams, which one do you think would draw bigger fans? I'm thinking of cities like Chicago or LA. What sport would generate more crazy crowds?
          The weather today was amazing. I vaguely recall the weather being kinda crappy for the Sox parade.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            This game was ultimately decide by Brady vs. Goff. Both teams and both coaching staffs did an excellent job of basically shutting down the other team, and neither coaching staff ever figured out how to solve the opponent. The difference was that Tom Brady has many more years of experience, and is light years ahead of Goff in terms of big game experience, and was capable of making two or perhaps three more plays than Goff did. It was a matter of finding that one guy, not a guy that was open because no one was open, but that one guy who was slightly open for an instant, and getting him the ball. Goff couldn't make that play and Brady did. That was the only difference in the game.
            I think this is 100% correct. The MVPs were the coaching staffs, especially those on defense. They developed a plan and the players executed. It was kind of a boring marvel to watch.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Of course, the Rams were going against the 7th best scoring D while the Patriots were playing against the 20th best scoring D...
              Ok.

Not sure what your beef is, but New England won. Again. However you want to look at it, that's what actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Ok.

Not sure what your beef is, but New England won. Again. However you want to look at it, that's what actually happened.
                All I'm saying is both teams were total butt. What's your beef with that? Everyone keeps posting about how good this person or that one was, they're wrong. Everything about that game was butt, the Pats were just slightly less butt.

Comment

All I'm saying is both teams were total butt. What's your beef with that? Everyone keeps posting about how good this person or that one was, they're wrong. Everything about that game was butt, the Pats were just slightly less butt.
                  So if both defenses sucked and it was a 42-35 game, that would mean they played well?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I'm referring more to how he game plans. He either works harder than everyone else or everyone else thinks that they're so smart they don't have to change. I've seen no other coach like him who will change everything his team does based on what the other team does.
                    He's a mad genius. I don't particularly care for the guy (more his demeanor) but man, gotta give props. He is the GOAT of coaching.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      So if both defenses sucked and it was a 42-35 game, that would mean they played well?
                      That would be a fair question if both defenses played great games, but they didn't.

Comment

You are welcome to have your opinion. I thought the defense for both teams was creative and made it tough to move the ball. Both offenses struggled for a reason, and you seem to hate that, which is odd.

But, then again, I remember watching a 1-0 baseball game, and thought it was a great pitchers dual- whereas people like you would be bored as you just want points....

So, since we are allowed to have opinions, you are clearly wrong, and butt hurt by the game...

Comment

That would be a fair question if both defenses played great games, but they didn't.
                          And you came to this conclusion how? Just because it was boring to your eyes?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            So which of these fools is Rover?

Yep, those are Boston-bros alright. My guess would be Southies, Dot-rats, or Revere.

Kinda why we up here in the civilized parts of New England despise the tourist/second home owning Mass-holes.

We do like their money though. And their women. If only the bros would stay home.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Yep, those are Boston-bros alright. My guess would be Southies, Dot-rats, or Revere.

Kinda why we up here in the civilized parts of New England despise the tourist/second home owning Mass-holes.

We do like their money though. And their women. If only the bros would stay home.
                              Def not socs, gotta be greasers.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Def not socs, gotta be greasers.
                                Greasers wouldn't fight like pu***es.

Comment

Working...
                                X