Bracketology 1.0 D3 style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology 1.0 D3 style

Still a month left before we decide who the 12 will be.

At this point if you're not UW-Stevens Point or Geneseo, just win baby because otherwise you're dancing on dangerously thin ice.

I'd say those two, Stevens Point especially are all but locks right now. Geneseo probably is pretty darn close too.

Everyone else still has plenty of work left to do. The gap between 3 and around 13 can fluctuate pretty quickly. Norwich was 15th a couple weeks ago and is now 4th with this 12-game unbeaten streak. However, one loss and I could see them dropping quick.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
      Quarterfinals:
      3/4W Adrian at 1W UWSP
      3/4W Augsburg at 2W UWEC

Problem solved.
      Except Adrian to UWEC or Augsburg > 500 miles
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Except Adrian to UWEC or Augsburg > 500 miles
        That is correct but due to travel the matchups would stay the same as the committee has done countless times in the past to avoid flights. Is it your intention to misinform people or do you simply not know what you are talking about?

Comment

Has anybody calculated the PWR from the end of the 17-18 season? I'm curious to see how the at large selections (especially Marian) stack up with what the field would have been like with PWR in place.
          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

That is correct but due to travel the matchups would stay the same as the committee has done countless times in the past to avoid flights. Is it your intention to misinform people or do you simply not know what you are talking about?
            He's saying the problem isn't "solved" because your scenario involves a possible flight in the QF game, which I think is unavoidable. I agree that the committee would probably go with your assessment, unless they went way outside the box and had an Oswego Adrian first round game, with the winner going to Geneseo. However, in that scenario, my head hurts and I'm not looking at the rest of the bracket to see if there's a way to make it all fit without any flights until the FF.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
              He's saying the problem isn't "solved" because your scenario involves a possible flight in the QF game, which I think is unavoidable. I agree that the committee would probably go with your assessment, unless they went way outside the box and had an Oswego Adrian first round game, with the winner going to Geneseo. However, in that scenario, my head hurts and I'm not looking at the rest of the bracket to see if there's a way to make it all fit without any flights until the FF.
              Nothing in my scenario involves a possible flight prior to the FF

Comment

The 500 mile rule is dumb. Period. Just get rid of it.

D-3 is gradually moving towards a meritocracy via employing a PWR for the AL's; let's take the next step vis-a-vis the sitings, FCS.

Comment

An 8-4 split would produce a bracket with all of the Quarter final games in the East. It's happened before and it will happen again.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    An 8-4 split would produce a bracket with all of the Quarter final games in the East. It's happened before and it will happen again.
                    So all four FF teams will be from the east? Is Mcshane back on the committee?

Comment

So all four FF teams will be from the east? Is Mcshane back on the committee?
                      I think the point is that:

4 west teams play to 2, who both get to the final four

8 east teams play to 4, and then to 2, who both get to the final four

And all east teams then play one more game than the west teams to get to the FF

I am not saying it will happen or I am endorsing. I am trying explain what I Believe you are not understanding of the previous post
                      St. Norbert College Green Knights
                      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      ---
                      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post

I am not saying it will happen or I am endorsing. I am trying explain what I Believe you are not understanding of the previous post
                        I believe you are not understanding the fine art of sarcasm.

Comment

I believe you are not understanding the fine art of sarcasm.
                          Cmon. Gimme a or something!

And there are times that would be posed as a legitimate post on this board!
                          Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 02-05-2019, 03:50 PM.
                          St. Norbert College Green Knights
                          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                          ---
                          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post

That was what I meant. I mistakenly called the first round games quarterfinals because I was up past my bed time
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by spwood
                              Adrian @ UW Stevens Point
                              You might want to invite the National guard to this one...............
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                                You might want to invite the National guard to this one...............
                                Had to delete the whole thing. I forgot Elmira would get an autobid too!!! I think that takes Adrian out again!
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X