Golf thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf thread

Pointing out racists=ruining sports with politics. Actually being racist=no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Pointing out racists=ruining sports with politics. Actually being racist=no problem.
      *sigh* I really shouldn't respond, but...

Please point to the post in this thread where someone said, "Hur-dur, I sure hope t3h darky loses!" before Kep just couldn't resist playing the race card. I'll wait.

There was no need whatsoever to do it, but he did.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Please point to the post in this thread where someone said, "Hur-dur, I sure hope t3h darky loses!" before Kep just couldn't resist playing the race card. I'll wait.

Wasn't specific to any post in this thread, just an observation that I think if you went back through others you would find holds up pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I think in team sports, it's because the team goes and gets all the best players. In individual sports, you can't accumulate all the talent, so it's different.

As far as Tiger...3 more majors in the next 7 years isn't unreasonable, assuming his back/health are good.

What a fun day of golf. I was happy to see that Tiger Fist Pump again.
          It was fun and a huge win for Tiger. I think he would be the first to say he benefited from many years of experience on this course and the unique kind of pressure that comes with the Masters. It showed in his approach strategies all weekend.

I like Molinari's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            He’s Asian

You are what yer mom is. Didn’t the Jews teach you anything???
            He’s Black, this was decided already.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              I think in team sports, it's because the team goes and gets all the best players. In individual sports, you can't accumulate all the talent, so it's different.

As far as Tiger...3 more majors in the next 7 years isn't unreasonable, assuming his back/health are good.

What a fun day of golf. I was happy to see that Tiger Fist Pump again.
              not for nuttin''

but jack has 20 major titles
              tiger 18
              bobby jones 13

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                I find this dynamic interesting between team and individual sports.

Team:
                Golden State is bad for basketball because they're too dominant.
                UConn women are bad for basketball because they're too dominant.
                Alabama is bad for football because they're too dominant.
                (To a lesser extent this is heard) The Patriots are bad for football because they're too dominant.

Yet, in individual sports:
                In men's tennis, the Big Four are worshiped. I'm not sure if they've ever all been together in the same semi-final, but whenever they meet in a final it's always billed as another all-timer. Especially when Federer went on his run, there was no talk of tennis being boring.
                Serena Williams is women's tennis.
                Jimmie Johnson won six straight NASCAR titles, and not only was it not bad for NASCAR, he would never even be considered the most popular driver during that stretch.
                Don't pay too much attention to F1, but it doesn't appear that Lewis Hamilton winning every week by 30 seconds is ruining that sport.
                And then you have Tiger Woods and golf. Guy mowed down competition for 15 years and throws it all away with addiction and infidelity. What happens in the interim between his downfall and his return? Despite the playing field being blown wide open, where you can, for the first time since the mid 90s, expect someone other than the guy wearing red on Sunday to win, golf is considered ruined.
                Perhaps there are more "vested" fans in team sports than individual sports unless you have a personal connection to a player. I went to HS with David Wheaton (even took 1 set off him). While he never won a major he did some cool things in tennis and I hated seeing him lose.

With team sports there are so few opportunities (1 championship per season vs. 4 majors a year for instance) that your team being out of it sucks. I will say I didn't hate the Bulls' runs with Michael for whatever reason, nor the Oilers of the 80's but in general dynasties are easy to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  How?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    Wasn't specific to any post in this thread, just an observation that I think if you went back through others you would find holds up pretty well.
                    You're a ****ing idiot.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Someone wrote a post tying a sporting event to politics. Oh my pearls!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        You're a ****ing idiot.
                        Thanks for self identifying.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I wanted a screenshot of his face just to remind me in the worst of times it can always get worse.
                          This is an approximation of how he looked:

Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I think you're right and I apologize for my gratuitous joke at the expense of the fascist racist scumf-cks who support Dump and are too stupid to figure out they are destroying our country.

I regret the error.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

For ****s sake. If you cannot resist turning everything into some kind of political bull****, you have serious problems. Seriously, go seek help.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This is great.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X