Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

  1. #1
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    197,017

    RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    discuss.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,737

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    RPI has not beaten Dartmouth since the 2014-15 season, and hasn't won at Thompson since 2013-14.

    Last year's result was a real heartbreaker for the Engineers, as they came back from a 4-1 deficit to take a 5-4 lead, only to give up the tying goal with less than two minutes to play in the third period and then the losing goal with less than one minute left in overtime.

    If RPI manages to beat Dartmouth on Friday and Union gets swept, RPI could move into a tie for eighth place in the ECAC standings.

    If Dartmouth manages a sweep of RPI and Union, they could move up toward fourth place.

  3. #3
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,749

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    I just feel we have a decent chance in this one. By no means the favorite but if we can score at least 2 and Savory gets some defensive support as he did against Cornell, we could get a point or two out of this weekend. We are playing some of our best hockey, we are getting superb goaltending, and we are getting to rest an extra day and only playing one game. As always, special teams could be key and we have to stay away from the penalty box.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I just feel we have a decent chance in this one. By no means the favorite but if we can score at least 2 and Savory gets some defensive support as he did against Cornell, we could get a point or two out of this weekend. We are playing some of our best hockey, we are getting superb goaltending, and we are getting to rest an extra day and only playing one game. As always, special teams could be key and we have to stay away from the penalty box.
    A one game weekend calls for some special focus.

  5. #5
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,513

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    I'm guessing we're stuck with Dartmouth radio on Friday? Seeing how the women are home, I assume Perry will be obligated to cover that, and Joe doesn't seem available on Fridays.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  6. #6
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    197,017

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I'm guessing we're stuck with Dartmouth radio on Friday? Seeing how the women are home, I assume Perry will be obligated to cover that, and Joe doesn't seem available on Fridays.
    Does Dartmouth have radio and do they broadcast hockey over bowling?

  7. #7
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,513

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Does Dartmouth have radio and do they broadcast hockey over bowling?
    Yes they broadcast hockey, and they actually do a decent job. Or at least they did; I don't know about the present day.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    62

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Yes they broadcast hockey, and they actually do a decent job. Or at least they did; I don't know about the present day.
    Dartmouth broadcasts all their mens games home and away. I catch it somewhat often since I'm often in my car during Friday night games, so I'll likely be listening to your game with the Big Green as well.

    Expecting that to be a good one the way your guys seem to have been playing lately.

  9. #9
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,513

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBear View Post
    Dartmouth broadcasts all their mens games home and away. I catch it somewhat often since I'm often in my car during Friday night games, so I'll likely be listening to your game with the Big Green as well.

    Expecting that to be a good one the way your guys seem to have been playing lately.
    They usually are close matches, although RPI hasn't won since 2014. Of course, that's why they play the game.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  10. #10
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,749

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    For those who want to listen, look for ESPN radio at 94.5 FM as they have an internet stream and should be broadcasting this game. This might get you there- https://www.945espn.com/2016/08/30/dartmouth-hockey/

    i could not get this to work in Firefox browser but it seems to be OK in Chrome.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    62

    Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

    This is the direct link to the Dartmouth stream I use. There's a mobile App ("Great Eastern Radio") I use when I'm driving.

    https://radio.securenetsystems.net/v...nCallSign=WTSL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •