Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cornell @ RPI February 2nd 2019

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    What was special about that? That was before I followed RPI. Were they #1 at the time or something else?
    Clarkson was a powerhouse and we were not even close and a huge underdog. They outshot us by an incredible margin. We played tenacious defense. But my wife was with me at the game and 9+ months pregnant (overdue by at least 2 weeks) and started to go into labor during the first period. She refused to leave and just felt sitting between 2 doctors was safe enough. The game ended, there was 10 inches of snow on the ground and the temperature was -5 degrees. We drove straight to Albany Medical Center and my daughter was born that night. I don't think I could have asked for more.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Clarkson was a powerhouse and we were not even close and a huge underdog. They outshot us by an incredible margin. We played tenacious defense. But my wife was with me at the game and 9+ months pregnant (overdue by at least 2 weeks) and started to go into labor during the first period. She refused to leave and just felt sitting between 2 doctors was safe enough. The game ended, there was 10 inches of snow on the ground and the temperature was -5 degrees. We drove straight to Albany Medical Center and my daughter was born that night. I don't think I could have asked for more.
      That would be a hard night to forget.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

As I watched last nights game, I thought that we played the best man to man defense I have seen from any RPI team. I really didn't think we could keep up that pace for 60 minutes. And I was right, we kept it up for 65 minutes.
        Great defensive game without our two best offensive players. It should bode well for the rest of the year, but this is RPI, and they could forget everything by next weekend.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

According to my scorecard, the SOGs were 56-21. BTW, the attendance was a sell out at 5013.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            According to my scorecard, the SOGs were 56-21. BTW, the attendance was a sell out at 5013.
            And was almost 5014 If she was born a little earlier...
            That would have been an unforgettable night no matter what the score was.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
              And was almost 5014 If she was born a little earlier...
              Good point.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I knew it was one sided in shots but most of the Clarkson shots were just dead on and it took a spectacular effort to hold them form scoring far more. The HFH was packed and along with my wife and myself we brought a doctor who was completing his psychiatry residency. He had attended Duke university and had never seen a hockey game in person. He had thought nothing could compare to the excitement of college basketball. His attitude changed dramatically that night and said he had never felt such excitement at any sporting event in his life. It was a fabulous game and for me, obviously, unforgettable in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  As I watched last nights game, I thought that we played the best man to man defense I have seen from any RPI team. I really didn't think we could keep up that pace for 60 minutes. And I was right, we kept it up for 65 minutes.
                  Great defensive game without our two best offensive players. It should bode well for the rest of the year, but this is RPI, and they could forget everything by next weekend.
                  Spot on description. Savory was fabulous but our defense and the ability to constantly switch off and cover and our ability to swipe at pucks to prevent clean shots or break ins was something that I had not seen in along time. if this was all just the players, then they deserve all the credit. If this was something coming from the coaching staff, the we have indeed taken a great stride. In any case - last night we were not the team that started this season (nor perhaps the team that played most of last season).

Comment

Spot on description. Savory was fabulous but our defense and the ability to constantly switch off and cover and our ability to swipe at pucks to prevent clean shots or break ins was something that I had not seen in along time. if this was all just the players, then they deserve all the credit. If this was something coming from the coaching staff, the we have indeed taken a great stride. In any case - last night we were not the team that started this season (nor perhaps the team that played most of last season).
                    Watching for carryover for remainder of RS.

Comment

Working...
                    X