No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    FD08,

Did you see Trotsky's post after I added your thanks to Jim Hyla for the women's schedule on eLynah and subsequent posts? I assume that you know what Trotsky's handle is here.
    I have a feeling. Some people's obsessions go quite far.

For the record, I have no desire to intentionally place anyone other than myself onto a mailing list, especially without their permission. The only thing I do in the political threads is provide an opportunity for another angle of view. If they wish to dismiss it over preconceived notions, that is their choice.

Comment

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I have a feeling. Some people's obsessions go quite far.

For the record, I have no desire to intentionally place anyone other than myself onto a mailing list, especially without their permission. The only thing I do in the political threads is provide an opportunity for another angle of view. If they wish to dismiss it over preconceived notions, that is their choice.
      What can I say? I'm a fan of your work.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        What can I say? I'm a fan of your work.
        "Better to be infamous than not famous at all." --Roger Stone

Comment

anyone know if Billy Jerry is still on team?

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
            anyone know if Billy Jerry is still on team?
            Good question. It's hard to remember, but I thought that Coach Smith also once said that he was injured. I could be wrong.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good question. It's hard to remember, but I thought that Coach Smith also once said that he was injured. I could be wrong.
              I thought he was in the doghouse, as I don't recall any sort of injury.

Comment

I thought he was in the doghouse, as I don't recall any sort of injury.
                That would make sense considering his performance this season. But It seems odd that he played every game without a single point this season, and as soon as he sat once, he has not played again.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That would make sense considering his performance this season. But It seems odd that he played every game without a single point this season, and as soon as he sat once, he has not played again.
                  Last game he played was vs. Harvard, so it can't be a direct result of the transfers. Looks like Meirs Moore was the one who stepped up over him. Ott was also having some issues, but cracked the lineup.

DiGrande we've also not seen much from at all.

Comment

Last game he played was vs. Harvard, so it can't be a direct result of the transfers. Looks like Meirs Moore was the one who stepped up over him. Ott was also having some issues, but cracked the lineup.

DiGrande we've also not seen much from at all.
                    The thing about Jerry is that he had a good season last year. I am sure that like me, you expected him to contribute this season. DiGrande didn't do much in the USHL last year either, and we hoped that he would be like Miller of M&M fame.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I hope so too, and fear that's what happened. Although I commend him for gutting it out on the two big games.
                      Hayhurst told me that the actually injury occurred against Brown but the symptoms didn’t become apparent until Sunday. Xrays weren’t conclusive and they couldn’t get an MRI until Wednesday. If they had done the MRI first he wouldn’t have played against Union. As for DiGrande he’s injured and has been since before Thanksgiving. Lower body for him. From what I’ve hear Jerry is not injured and it’s more about his play and others stepping over him.

Team stepped up last night with their top point getter and top goal scorer out. That tends to happen. The real test will be tonight. Cornell is going to be a big test. I’m thinking it’s going to be a tough one. How they handle the test is more important to me the a win or a loss. A hard fought loss doing all the right things is better than a lucky win in my opinion. Now a well executed win is what we all want to see.

Comment

The thing about Jerry is that he had a good season last year. I am sure that like me, you expected him to contribute this season. DiGrande didn't do much in the USHL last year either, and we hoped that he would be like Miller of M&M fame.
                        Sadly, it looks like the sophomore slump bit, just as it has with Marshall. I only hope Savory doesn't suffer the same next year. That kid might have a chance to make some noise in the next couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                          I to was in attendance. We made a sign that said
                          " On the 8th day God created Gorilla Monsoon". It made the broadcast and he commented on it. Good times. Hoping for a big effort tonight.
                          As well it should have. Great sign. Definitely not a case of "going to the well once too often" and getting "a boot to the bread basket and a shot right in the kisser for his troubles". One can only hope that the late and great Gorilla along with the Brain both made it through the golden gates and are together again calling the action up there. I am sure those up there are getting the same kick out of "a regular fountain of misinformation" and 'will you stop" than we all did.

By the way, it should be pointed out that prior to both being the good guy announcer of the last couple of decades plus of the 1900's and one of the best in ring heels of the 60's and 70's, the Gorilla could also get it done for real. He is a two sport inductee (wrestling and football) in the Ithaca College athletic hall of fame under his real name of Gino "Bob" Morella.

Occasionally during the broadcasts, the Gorilla would refer to a sign his college wrestling coach supposedly put on the ceiling of the gym where the wrestlers practiced. It read "if you are reading this you are not wrestling".

Comment

Maybe I got that wrong. I correctly identified Polino in a sling last weekend, but perhaps the second player I saw with a boot and crutches was DiGrande and not Jerry. He seemed tall so I speculated it was Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                              Hayhurst told me that the actually injury occurred against Brown...

Team stepped up last night with their top point getter and top goal scorer out. That tends to happen. The real test will be tonight. Cornell is going to be a big test. I’m thinking it’s going to be a tough one. How they handle the test is more important to me the a win or a loss. A hard fought loss doing all the right things is better than a lucky win in my opinion. Now a well executed win is what we all want to see.
                              Tie was hard fought, well earned. Cornell had about a 3:1 advantage in SOG. We had slight edge in faceoffs. I can picture a different result if Cornell had the faceoff edge. All this without Hayhurst, Polino, etc.

The team is progressing... hoping for continued progress in February. The potential is there.
                              We have a one-game weekend coming up. Focus and move forward!
                              Last edited by fr. joe; 02-03-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Note-Owen Savory now has the third best save percentage in the country. I think we have our #1 goalie and it is nice to see that he is a freshman.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X