No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I watched the QU game puck drop to final horn - the first time I've done that in a while. While it stung to lose in the final seconds like that, I came away feeling pretty good about the future of this team. We hung with and fought the #6 team in the country for all 60 minutes and could have possibly even won that game if a couple of pucks had deflected a few degrees differently. I really liked how some of our younger players generated opportunities (and penalties) with a scrappy, no-quit effort. Seemed to me we are getting more disciplined and focused, shooting more instead of waiting, and taking less silly penalties. Savory is getting more confident and comfortable, and it finally looks like this team is buying into Smith's process. I think this team is a goal scorer away from being pretty dangerous in the next couple of years...

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
          I think this team is a goal scorer away from being pretty dangerous in the next couple of years...
          Ay, there's the rub. I don't see a real goal scorer among next season's entering class. So it would have to be among the present players. Perhaps Zieky is that, but he will only be here one more year. I think that we lost the most promising player when Emil Ohrvall left, but I suspect that he did not fit into Smith's system.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            . . . I think that we lost the most promising player when Emil Ohrvall left, but I suspect that he did not fit into Smith's system.
            Emil Ohrvall was a big recruit, but I am not sure it could have worked out any differently for him at RPI. It is hard to get off on the right foot when the coach who recruited you (and your brother) is fired before you start and the team is in the middle of 3 out of 4 seasons with 25+ losses and with too many players who are borderline Division I talent. I am not sure that 11 points (2 goals) out of 31 games indicates a program-changing talent, but I hope he finds success at Michigan.

The team is better this year, but it is a slow process with ups and downs. The second half seems like a different season. Savory and the transfers have made positive impacts, but the team is still offensively challenged and slow; that was a tough third period against Quinnipiac. But we seem to do the little things better and better each week, so there is hope. On to Cornell and Colgate!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
              Emil Ohrvall was a big recruit, but I am not sure it could have worked out any differently for him at RPI. It is hard to get off on the right foot when the coach who recruited you (and your brother) is fired before you start and the team is in the middle of 3 out of 4 seasons with 25+ losses and with too many players who are borderline Division I talent. I am not sure that 11 points (2 goals) out of 31 games indicates a program-changing talent, but I hope he finds success at Michigan.

The team is better this year, but it is a slow process with ups and downs. The second half seems like a different season. Savory and the transfers have made positive impacts, but the team is still offensively challenged and slow; that was a tough third period against Quinnipiac. But we seem to do the little things better and better each week, so there is hope. On to Cornell and Colgate!
              Welcome.

Coach Smith seems to like some of SA's recruits, however the Ohrvalls weren't they only ones who did not stay. EO has scored well in the USHL this year, although of course he is an over-ager. He is currently 4th in the league in goals. The best of our current recruits is Gunnarwiolfe Fontaine who is tied for #24 which is not bad considering that he did not score a goal until his 20th game. He is tied for 4th among rookies and his teammate Christian Sarlo is tied for 14th.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just for the review:

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This can't be correct; they don't call Union #26. Also, there are 6 missing schools. (An exercise for the reader. )

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This can't be correct; they don't call Union #26. Also, there are 6 missing schools. (An exercise for the reader. )

Missing Canisius, Bentley, Sacred Heart, Mercyhurst, Colorado College, and Nebraska Omaha.

Comment

Burgess has to learn that it's supposed to be "pass, pass, turnover", not "pass, pass, goal". It's the Engineer way.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-20-2019, 06:32 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Happy 38th birthday Puckman! Looking better than ever.
                          That's debatable.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

No one has started the game tread yet. I am not going to follow a loss by starting the thread.
                            Just too superstitious.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              That's debatable.
                              They still s- wait never mind.

Comment

Ten wins!
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X