No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Yes, RPI lost both playoff games to Yale in 2008, but those games were about as exciting as you could ask. Both of them went to overtime and the first one went to three overtimes.

I'd rather see RPI go down scrapping like that than getting blown out in two straight.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

What I saw this weekend is a team that looks like it will be swept next weekend. Two steps forward, 12 steps back.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        What I saw this weekend is a team that looks like it will be swept next weekend. Two steps forward, 12 steps back.

I tend to agree with this, I hope I'm wrong. They seem to have lost their way a bit after the game at Cornell. But even that night they were outshot badly. Not the same team that went toe to toe with QPac. Book seems to be out on Savory, high glove.

Just a dismal atmosphere for senior night. No buzz in the building at all. I can't tell if the students are on break or not anymore.
        Place had luckily 1700 in attendance for the last home game. Unheard of 5 to 10 years ago. Just not sure where this program is headed after another 11th place finish.
        Last edited by DavidSec17; 03-02-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6JdiYXWnTQ
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not sure the time is correct. According to the schedule RPI should play the 4pm game but..... http://achahockey.org/view/achahocke...8-19-regionals
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Both teams agree it’s a 1pm game so I guess it is. Northeastern will play Norwich in the 2nd game. Both winners advance to Dallas......
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I could have stayed home Saturday (like many apparently did) because it was an almost virtual replay of Friday's game. It also reminded me a great deal of the pre-Smith days where one period of strong play was about all that could be mustered. When you are looking for something to remember from the weekend, it's pretty sad when the fire and evacuation were the most memorable. When your team has no real stars, the team HAS to be greater than the sum of its parts in order to be successful. There was no evidence of that this weekend. For the majority of the two games they went through the motions. No urgency. Little hunger (outside 2/6 periods). Little to show. Back to only being able to score 1 goal per game. I don't see any evidence next weekend will offer any thing more to get excited about. The one thing that bothered me was: Savory has been selected as the #1 goalie. Deservedly so. When the game was out of hand, he was pulled (a smart move to not let this get inside his head). But, on senior night, would dressing Perry have been such a horrible thing? I get it he has lost his luster. But he stayed with the program and did have some pretty good games over his career. I could understand if they were fighting for home ice or first place or something. And being last would not have happened no matter what. If the # 1 goalie could not keep the barn door closed, whether Perry or Marshall played wasn't going to make any major difference. And Marshall has another year. It would not have hurt anyone. If the players are expected to set good examples, the program should too.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                  I could have stayed home Saturday (like many apparently did) because it was an almost virtual replay of Friday's game. It also reminded me a great deal of the pre-Smith days where one period of strong play was about all that could be mustered. When you are looking for something to remember from the weekend, it's pretty sad when the fire and evacuation were the most memorable. When your team has no real stars, the team HAS to be greater than the sum of its parts in order to be successful. There was no evidence of that this weekend. For the majority of the two games they went through the motions. No urgency. Little hunger (outside 2/6 periods). Little to show. Back to only being able to score 1 goal per game. I don't see any evidence next weekend will offer any thing more to get excited about. The one thing that bothered me was: Savory has been selected as the #1 goalie. Deservedly so. When the game was out of hand, he was pulled (a smart move to not let this get inside his head). But, on senior night, would dressing Perry have been such a horrible thing? I get it he has lost his luster. But he stayed with the program and did have some pretty good games over his career. I could understand if they were fighting for home ice or first place or something. And being last would not have happened no matter what. If the # 1 goalie could not keep the barn door closed, whether Perry or Marshall played wasn't going to make any major difference. And Marshall has another year. It would not have hurt anyone. If the players are expected to set good examples, the program should too.
                  Perry had an injury that required surgery. He wasn't fit to play from that standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                    Perry is not dressing because he had season ending surgery a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                      I tend to agree with this, I hope I'm wrong. They seem to have lost their way a bit after the game at Cornell. But even that night they were outshot badly. Not the same team that went toe to toe with QPac. Book seems to be out on Savory, high glove.

Just a dismal atmosphere for senior night. No buzz in the building at all. I can't tell if the students are on break or not anymore.
                      Place had luckily 1700 in attendance for the last home game. Unheard of 5 to 10 years ago. Just not sure where this program is headed after another 11th place finish.
                      This is spot on. Graber absolutely dominated; size and skill. McElroy owns this; 3 years ago this program came in 5th and had 18 wins. He chose to make a change (which is his right) but has it gotten better. 2 back to back 11th places ( I think not). This is an inflection point for this storied program. Major recruiting defections, major roster defections and I really can't see what will change things in the recruiting pipeline.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        This is spot on. Graber absolutely dominated; size and skill. McElroy owns this; 3 years ago this program came in 5th and had 18 wins. He chose to make a change (which is his right) but has it gotten better. 2 back to back 11th places ( I think not). This is an inflection point for this storied program. Major recruiting defections, major roster defections and I really can't see what will change things in the recruiting pipeline.
                        Three consecutive 11th places. Let's not forget why the sacking happened in the first place. I know you want to act like there was some sort of persecution, but from what I can tell, it's the Smith recruits that are stepping up while we're held back by the Appert ones, whether by perception or actual play.

Also, 16 points is abnormally high for 11th. Sure, I don't think it would have ever gotten us home ice, but next year's the year of reckoning.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                          Perry is not dressing because he had season ending surgery a while back.
                          My apologies. I stand corrected.

Comment

So your telling me Hayhurst, Burgess and Wiffen were holding us back be serious !!!
                            Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Three consecutive 11th places. Let's not forget why the sacking happened in the first place. I know you want to act like there was some sort of persecution, but from what I can tell, it's the Smith recruits that are stepping up while we're held back by the Appert ones, whether by perception or actual play.

Also, 16 points is abnormally high for 11th. Sure, I don't think it would have ever gotten us home ice, but next year's the year of reckoning.
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Let me add Will Reilly to that list....take the team we have and remove those 4 guys and tell me we would be better off
                              Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                              So your telling me Hayhurst, Burgess and Wiffen were holding us back be serious !!!
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                We looked a heck of a lot better without Hayhurst out there. I don't know if it's him bringing it down (probably not), or the rest of the team relaxing their play in knowing he'll step up so they don't have to; most likely the latter. It goes back to the intermission speech during the Union home game, with Smith asking the boys how they wanted to play. Looks like we've failed to execute what was learned four months ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X