No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The topic of the original Tacoma Narrow Bridge came up on the RPI game thread at eLynah. I am sure that in freshman Physics we saw the video of the bridge falling down and it was mentioned that an RPI alum was responsible for the bridge. I haven't been able to find a name of someone connected to RPI associated with the bridge. Does anyone remember.

It's at least as on topic as bowling.
    Not an RPI grad that I'm aware. The fall guy was Leon Moisseiff. He went to Columbia. There was another guy who was in charge of construction named Clark Eldridge. He came up with the original design which Moisseff changed to save money. He went to Washington State.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

The topic of the original Tacoma Narrow Bridge came up on the RPI game thread at eLynah. I am sure that in freshman Physics we saw the video of the bridge falling down and it was mentioned that an RPI alum was responsible for the bridge. I haven't been able to find a name of someone connected to RPI associated with the bridge. Does anyone remember.

If you don't know, I'd be willing to bet no one else here does either.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        If you don't know, I'd be willing to bet no one else here does either.
        If bowling is the topic, where will the bridge lead us?

Comment

Lugnut, do you live near the Whale?

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            Lugnut, do you live near the Whale?
            It's within easy walking distance, yes.
            RPI Pep Band
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

pregame video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMjkvxPObJc
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Now back to hockey-Having been on an unprecedented hot streak for me, i will try to start the score thread tomorrow but if I do not get to it by 8AM, please, someone else start it and let's keep our non losing streak going!!
                Which time zone are you in?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  It's within easy walking distance, yes.
                  Neat.

I was down for a meeting at the St. Thomas More Center a few years ago. On a break, I walked over to the Whale. It was locked. I was bummed. Hoping for a look inside.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                    Neat.

I was down for a meeting at the St. Thomas More Center a few years ago. On a break, I walked over to the Whale. It was locked. I was bummed. Hoping for a look inside.
                    Did you want to experience the Book of Jonah first hand?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quite an interesting read over there on that thread, I must say. And I'm not surprised about Union, as I remember them doing that to us in 2007-08 when the game was televised. Of course, once the girl missed on the T-shirt toss and it went into the ice resurfacer, that went out the window.

Comment

Which time zone are you in?
                        Depends on the day.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Bad tie, given that we had three separate leads. On the bright side, we have a 4 game undefeated streak.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

And we have a little help in our quest for 8th, as Brown won. We have tiebreaks with Union and Colgate for the time being, but both play tomorrow. Friday's game vs. Princeton will be VERY important, I'd say a must-win, if we want a shot at home ice. It's a log-jam at the top for the bye, but I don't see us getting there since we can max out at 24 points, and almost assuredly the top 4 will be higher than that.

Comment

Did you want to experience the Book of Jonah first hand?
                              I wouldn't be the first...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                And we have a little help in our quest for 8th, as Brown won. We have tiebreaks with Union and Colgate for the time being, but both play tomorrow. Friday's game vs. Princeton will be VERY important, I'd say a must-win, if we want a shot at home ice. It's a log-jam at the top for the bye, but I don't see us getting there since we can max out at 24 points, and almost assuredly the top 4 will be higher than that.
                                FD: We are a better team than we were at the beginning of the season and better than last year. But there are some teams that we match up better against than others which has almost always been the case. Princeton presents problems that some other teams do not. Dartmouth has also been one of those poor match ups over the past several years. Last night it was their size and strength that was seemed to be a problem. We often perform better against teams that are far better than some of the teams that we struggle against. Even when we are one of the best teams in college hockey (1984, 1985) we will have some teams that are just more difficult for us even when they are not a powerhouse.
                                You are right on though in that next weekend the Princeton game is crucial. In my book that is a must win or at least a must not to lose. BTW i would not look at the QU game as a sure loss. They are by far the higher regarded team but in some recent years we have played some of our better hockey against them (only to tie or lose). And I have the feeling that if we have good defensive communication and an extremely hot Owen Savory in goal, some teams start to clench the stick harder and it can get into their psyche a bit. i am sure many of us got a bit nervous when Dartmouth ran him late in the game last night. He took a long time to get up and from my prejudiced view they deserved at least a 2 minute penalty! (which I will bet we would have been called for if the skate was on the other foot)
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X