No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I am neither for or against this administration. I did not attend RPI, but my two kids did and both are doing quite well. So I have high regard for the Institute. They both had a great experience at RPI and that was in part do to the professors and in my daughter's
    case, the diving coach. I am not sure what affect the administration had on their experience.
    I'm just tired of hearing you gripe about Shirley. (Even if it is justified).
    Well said. I must say that anytime I speak to a parent with a kid there now I hear all positives. So... some of this discontent does seem disconnected to me ... from 200 miles away.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      With all due respect, Mike McMahon's tweet talked about how a school's admin commitment is important to having a winning hockey program. That's very topical and prescient.Hope all is well!
      All is well thank you, and I hope you are well also.
      While I respect his opinion on the schools commitment to hockey, I would like to know what he is talking about. What would he like the administration to do?
      Do they not provide scholarships for the hockey teams. Have they not upgraded parts of HFH? Have they gotten in the way of recruiting?
      It seems to me, that we just have not had very good coaching or recruiting for that matter.
      In 1993 when I started following RPI hockey, they were ranked 5th in the nation going into the season. They underachieved that year.
      In 94/95, they were ECAC champs, playing with Buddy Powers players under Fridgen.
      Fridgen continued to have really good teams for the remainder of the 90s and early 2000s. And he got nowhere with them. Seth came in with high hopes and what seemed like a good system. He had one great recruiting class and one good year.
      Up to now, we have had nothing but underachieving coaches.
      You can blame anyone you want, but the blame goes to the leadership in the locker room.
      I am encouraged by what I see Smith doing, but if he can't recruit a scorer or two, we will continue at the bottom of the ECAC, and that is not on the schools administration. JMO
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

In 1993 when I started following RPI hockey, they were ranked 5th in the nation going into the season. They underachieved that year.
        In 94/95, they were ECAC champs, playing with Buddy Powers players under Fridgen.
        Fridgen continued to have really good teams for the remainder of the 90s and early 2000s. And he got nowhere with them.Seth came in with high hopes and what seemed like a good system. He had one great recruiting class and one good year.
        If I'm not mistaken, Fridgen recruited Buddy's players, similar to Bennett winning with his players after replacing Leaman. For the amount of financial support received, up until Appert, the coaches did a tremendous job with what they had to work with ... Addesa most notably. The recruiting parameters changed when the almighty Shirley entered the picture. By the way, seems like you like her ... and you may be on your own Island in that regard. So you want to blame coaches and recruiting???
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I am neither for or against this administration. I did not attend RPI, but my two kids did and both are doing quite well. So I have high regard for the Institute. They both had a great experience at RPI and that was in part do to the professors and in my daughter's
          case, the diving coach. I am not sure what affect the administration had on their experience.
          I'm just tired of hearing you gripe about Shirley. (Even if it is justified).
          I hear that Cornell has a good diving coach.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He'll get to wear an ugly helmet.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-15-2019, 11:21 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Probably bought a new ice resurfacing machine.
                  Close.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Close.

Really, really sad that this amounts to news at HFH. Par for the course. I suppose asking to make Dunkin Donuts coffee (yes I still refer to the donut and always will ) available is too much to ask ? They're only a prominent dasher advertiser and on ice sponsor ...
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Close.

I guess we should consider this important addition as the ballyhooed HFH renovations for 2018-2019.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Really, really sad that this amounts to news at HFH. Par for the course. I suppose asking to make Dunkin Donuts coffee (yes I still refer to the donut and always will ) available is too much to ask ? They're only a prominent dasher advertiser and on ice sponsor ...
                        Even more news.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I guess we should consider this important addition as the ballyhooed HFH renovations for 2018-2019.
                          +1 well said, pls send my best to your bro
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Emil was an incredible loss for this program. He is tearing it up at Waterloo
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

This one always pours right, can operate during open skates and other practice sessions, don't need to have the kids around to man it... I can see why they picked it.

But yeah, either Dunkin' or Stewart's (normally I'd say Tim Horton's but that's wishful thinking) with a branding deal would be a good thing. I still think local brewers (whether micro or farm) should have a tap room behind the east end goal with the pep band above, but again, wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                                If I'm not mistaken, Fridgen recruited Buddy's players, similar to Bennett winning with his players after replacing Leaman. For the amount of financial support received, up until Appert, the coaches did a tremendous job with what they had to work with ... Addesa most notably. The recruiting parameters changed when the almighty Shirley entered the picture. By the way, seems like you like her ... and you may be on your own Island in that regard. So you want to blame coaches and recruiting???
                                You are wrong, I have no opinion on Shirley at all.
                                What recruiting parameters changed? Did she indicate who or where we could recruit?
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X