Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have to go with the Patriots (Super Bowl XVIII)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to go with the Patriots (Super Bowl XVIII)

You might be one of those who hate the Patriots, especially after they beat the Chiefs and the sensation Mahomes for another trip to the Super Bowl. NBA has the dominant and even improved Warriors, NFL has the New England Patriots. Pats struggled a little bit this season but they found a way to win - and even secure a chance for another ring. I have to go with Brady because his talent is special. Many people doubted him but he proved them wrong against the Chargers and the Chiefs this season. Coach Belichick and Brady will simply not allow another loss in the Super Bowl. I'm expecting crazy plays and James White will be too much for the Rams to handle. What do you think? Watch Super Bowl 2020 Live Stream on CBS.

The Rams were a standout amongst the best groups in the NFL from wire to wire, and in the end spoke to the NFC in the Super Bowl. They missed the mark in that game and did not actually give themselves in greatness their exhibition, however they'll return a significant part of a similar center in 2019 and they ought to be relied upon to by and by wind up among the internal hover contenders for the Lombardi Trophy.

The Rams have the best inside pass rusher in the class in Aaron Donald, and a solid auxiliary surge man on the inside in Michael Brockets. They brought back Dante Fowler Jr. on a one-year, $12 million arrangement, and furthermore brought Clay Matthews over from the Packers on a one-year bargain.

Be that as it may, Matthews will be 33 years of age this season, Fowler sandwiched his eight-sack 2017 with four sacks in 2016 and 2018, and recorded just two sacks in eight amusements with the Rams last season, and there isn't much in the method for profundity behind those folks. Matthews appears to probably spend probably a portion of his time playing inside linebacker, with Samson Ebukam going about as the surge man off the edge inverse Fowler.

Will 2018 draft picks Trevon Young, Justin Lawler, and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo truly give the edge profundity this group needs? Presumably not. That is the place Perry, another previous Packer, comes in.

He missed quite a bit of last season because of damage, yet recorded 18 sacks, 30 quarterback hits, and 18 handles for misfortune in 2016 and 2017. With the Rams having just $6.6 million in top room, as indicated by Spotrac, they can't stand to go major game chasing, even since signings don't influence the compensatory pick counts. So taking fliers on low-cash, moderate-upside folks is the fix here, and Perry possesses all the necessary qualities.
    Last edited by reciprocate; 05-23-2019, 06:09 PM.

Re: I have to go with the Patriots (Super Bowl XVIII)

I think Carson City is the capital of Nevada.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My concern about the Pats is that they aren't as good as they were last year, at least offensively, and they lost that game. I couldn't tell you if the Rams are better or worse than last year's Eagles squad. Look, its an old and slow team. That didn't hurt them against KC or the other LA team because they've inexplicably found a pass rush despite being ranked near the bottom in sacks during the regular season. Not sure if that's the result of some killer scheming or not but they're going to need that more than anything else in the SB to get the D off the field.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        My concern about the Pats is that they aren't as good as they were last year, at least offensively, and they lost that game. I couldn't tell you if the Rams are better or worse than last year's Eagles squad. Look, its an old and slow team. That didn't hurt them against KC or the other LA team because they've inexplicably found a pass rush despite being ranked near the bottom in sacks during the regular season. Not sure if that's the result of some killer scheming or not but they're going to need that more than anything else in the SB to get the D off the field.
        Not sure if that's the result of some killer scheming or not but they're going to need that more than anything else in the SB to get the D off the field.
        ToP: 38 minutes against LAC, 36 against KC. Big factor.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Bots gonna bot.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Bots gonna bot.
            Mark Thompson spoke about this on Make It Plain this morning. There are the bots that are electronic programs that post spam and trawl for responses, and then there are the bots that are people who adopt and spit back those bots' messages without realizing they originated from a bot.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm gonna go with the Los Angeles Raiders.

Tom Brady is good. But 6 year old Tom Brady didn't stand a chance in Super Bowl XVIII. So, unless someone has invented time travel, Patriots don't stand a chance in this one.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I'm going with a busload of Ditkas.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If you have to go with the Patriots, leave bread crumbs. That's kidnapping.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    I'm gonna go with the Los Angeles Raiders.

Tom Brady is good. But 6 year old Tom Brady didn't stand a chance in Super Bowl XVIII. So, unless someone has invented time travel, Patriots don't stand a chance in this one.
                    Darn - beat me to it.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I'm going with a busload of Ditkas.
                      But what if they are facing Hurricane Ditka
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by reciprocate View Post
                        Are you guys watching too much TV lately? If you're not watching, then say no we don't like it. Then it's done!

and yes I am a robot.

Why is this poster allowed to post? is "Board" as useless as it was when I was actually active here 10 years ago?
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                        X