Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
    Adding this as a reminder for when it's time to start up a 2020-21 schedules thread. I'm starting to get an itch to get the spreadsheet set up but will probably wait until we have more information.
    Notre Dame will be at RIT for 1 game probably around 3rd weekend in October.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Does it seem like more early season non-conference contests are becoming one-night stands, rather than traditional two-night series? Colgate this year had one-night games against RIT, Ferris State and Boston College to open the season.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
        Does it seem like more early season non-conference contests are becoming one-night stands, rather than traditional two-night series? Colgate this year had one-night games against RIT, Ferris State and Boston College to open the season.
        I know Colgate struggled to find some opponents this season and Ferris state was a last minute add sometime earlier this year. I think one-night games that are far away away are mainly just to fill out their OOC schedule with whoever is left or will play them.

Would be nice to hear from someone who knows about teams' schedules and how scheduling in advance works. I've heard that teams know their schedules for the next 2-4 years in advance for the most part at least, they just don't know exactly what weekend they'll play them until it gets closer. I wished they would make the OOC schedules known like football and basketball does. I know Minnesota and North Dakota have a site that's pretty good on future opponents but I haven't been able to find what they have for other schools.

Slow week at work got me going on getting a 2020-21 spreadsheet set up. I'll create a new thread tonight or one night this week once I have it ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
          Two non conference games against two opponents is better for Pairwise than two games against one opponent (providing you win).

Comment

I would say it's a lot like the recruiting schedule, there's definitely a mix of scheduling years in advance and scheduling at the last minute with not much inbetween. Teams generally look up to 4ish years in advance when filling their schedule, but things always come up (date conflicts, cancelled games, deferred games, Hockey East changing how many games are played in conference, etc.)

Extreme example, I know of a series that was originally scheduled in 2015 or so that has been pushed back so far that it isn't going to be played until 2022 because of a pile of circumstances on both sides.
            Last edited by TheRevengeance; 10-22-2019, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
              I would say it's a lot like the recruiting schedule, there's definitely a mix of scheduling years in advance and scheduling at the last minute with not much inbetween. Teams generally look up to 4ish years in advance when filling their schedule, but things always come up (date conflicts, cancelled games, deferred games, Hockey East changing how many games are played in conference, etc.)

Extreme example, I know of a series that was originally scheduled in 2015 or so that has been pushed back so far that it isn't going to be played until 2022 because of a pile of circumstances on both sides.
              Interesting and good to know! What was that series? The NU @ ASU series?
              Last edited by Liveatjrl; 10-22-2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I know Colgate struggled to find some opponents this season and Ferris state was a last minute add sometime earlier this year. I think one-night games that are far away away are mainly just to fill out their OOC schedule with whoever is left or will play them.

Would be nice to hear from someone who knows about teams' schedules and how scheduling in advance works. I've heard that teams know their schedules for the next 2-4 years in advance for the most part at least, they just don't know exactly what weekend they'll play them until it gets closer. I wished they would make the OOC schedules known like football and basketball does. I know Minnesota and North Dakota have a site that's pretty good on future opponents but I haven't been able to find what they have for other schools.

Slow week at work got me going on getting a 2020-21 spreadsheet set up. I'll create a new thread tonight or one night this week once I have it ready.
                You won't see much from the Big Ten with future scheduling right now. I saw mention recently that schools were asked to not schedule any additional future games due to possible conference expansion (Illinois) and needing to sort out conference play.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                  You won't see much from the Big Ten with future scheduling right now. I saw mention recently that schools were asked to not schedule any additional future games due to possible conference expansion (Illinois) and needing to sort out conference play.
                  I heard that as well but I think that doesn't come into play until the 2021-22 season. Probably mainly because of the possibility of reducing their OOC games from 10 to 6. (I would assume that's the case)

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    I think it helps when you have a "travel partner". RIT and Niagara have often paired up against 2 ECAC schools for non-conference games.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      I know it is not for this year, but BSU's AD leaked next year's non-conference opponents on the Beaver Radio Network's Green Mill Coaches Show on Wednesday night. They will play a home and home with North Dakota and then have St. Cloud and Duluth on the schedule. It wasn't completely clear from the conversation, but there is a possibility that those two matchups could be home and home as well.
                      Update for the 2020-21 Beaver non-conference schedule, from last night's Tom Serratore show:

Duluth Home and Home
                      St. Cloud Home and Home
                      North Dakota Home and Home
                      At Lowell (1 game)
                      At Merrimack (1 game)
                      Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 10-24-2019, 10:01 AM.
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                        Update for the 2020-21 Beaver non-conference schedule, from last night's Tom Serratore show:

Duluth Home and Home
                        St. Cloud Home and Home
                        North Dakota Home and Home
                        At Lowell (1 game)
                        At Merrimack (1 game)
                        Nice this covers all of Bemidji State's OOC schedule. I updated this info in the 2020-21 schedules spreadsheet. I wonder if the Lowell and Merrimack game is for the thanksgiving tournament.

Comment

Conference schedules pre-B1G were easy to predict. You would know who you had home/away well in advance because the rotations were set. Now it's a bit more of a crapshoot. Add in the next round of shifting in 2021 and everything goes to crap.

Non-conference was 2-4 years out with fairly solid certainty. You would get random circumstances that would cause series to be delayed, but for the most part they were also predicable. If your team is willing to talk about it, you know who you have deals with and who is owed what (home/home, 2 for 1, one-off series, etc.)
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

If you are looking ahead, it was mentioned on the radio last weekend that BU will be coming to NMU next season (20/21).
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              If you are looking ahead, it was mentioned on the radio last weekend that BU will be coming to NMU next season (20/21).
                              Good to know - I'll add this to the 2020-21 schedules spreadsheet.

FYI - everyone, a new 2020-21 schedules thread has been started and the link is in there. Keep these OOC information coming!

Comment

I wonder if the Lowell and Merrimack game is for the thanksgiving tournament.
                                It is, and this will be the 1st ever meeting between Lowell and Bemidji State. That will leave Mercyhurst as the only D1 program that Lowell has never played.
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X