Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warm thoughts is all we's gots!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Even with a jump, neither my girlfriend’s car or mine started. Awesome.
    I had that happen with my previous car. The battery itself was fine, but the engine block became so cold that it wouldn't turnover. It was stuck in the mass transit parking lot for three days until the weather warmed to the point that the engine would work again.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      It has officially gotten serious, folks.

Michigan Technological University has closed.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        See figure 1.
        Updated.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Working from home today. It was -29, -52 wind chill. The post office isn't delivering mail today, so I'm not delivering this male to the office either.
          Gonna start calling you "Blyleven" because you hung the curve with that--> There's a great "your wife says much the same" line in there somewhere.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Gonna start calling you "Blyleven" because you hung the curve with that--> There's a great "your wife says much the same" line in there somewhere.
            Didn't even cross my mind.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Just took the batch of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.
              WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I had that happen with my previous car. The battery itself was fine, but the engine block became so cold that it wouldn't turnover. It was stuck in the mass transit parking lot for three days until the weather warmed to the point that the engine would work again.
                Yeah I think I’m going to try again at noon or something. Might have to start them overnight as well.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh and both my battery and the GF’s were dead. My car was asking for unlock codes on the radio and hers reset the time and date.

I’ve never seen that before. Then again, this is the coldest it’s been since I was 8.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Yeah I think I’m going to try again at noon or something. Might have to start them overnight as well.
                    Do you have a space heater you can place in the garage? Might not be a bad idea to create a small tent/fort of blankets around the hood and the space heater (with sufficient safety space - fire = bad).

Comment

They’re both outside. Lol.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        This was a great post. As a non-motorhead I still understood almost all of it. Thank you.
                        It was.

Comment

Block heaters are generally sitting in a frost plug hole in the block, they heat coolant not oil. Oil is sitting in your oil pan, oil pan heaters, often stuck to your pan by a magnet, heat oil. They make battery heaters also. Glow plugs in a diesel cycle when its 80 degrees out and are used because its tough ignite diesel in a cold block even when its not considered cold out.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

To make you guys feel better: It’s a lovely 32 degrees here in Anchorage, slight chance of snow too. Should be lovely.

I’m sitting here at work waiting for our morning planes to arrive from Louisville, where it’s 3 degrees right now.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Right around 60 here in Florida. Thought you would like to know.

Stay warm and safe, those of you in the North.

Comment

My female dog ran out to pee today but my male dog refuses. Coming up on 12 hours now since he’s peed

Comment

Working...
                                X