X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:48: There's Always Barber College

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Well, there's $200 billion or more sitting in the Pentagon budget.
    Sure, there is a lot of money sitting out there. Although honestly $200 billion is just a fraction of what you'd need for a full roll out of the green new deal, medicare for all, etc...

But that's the question this hypothetical president will have to face in 2021. You going to pull $200 billion out of the military budget to put solar panels up everywhere? Lot of senators and congresscritters living in states or districts pretty dependent upon the military budget.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Nuts. I had the under at 31.5.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Although honestly $200 billion is just a fraction of what you'd need for a full roll out of the green new deal, medicare for all, etc...
        For just the two items you list I'd say your dollar number is short about two, maybe three, zeros.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

That's actually a fascinating list. I hadn't seen that before.

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of people in this country who knew that we had an active, declared state of emergency in this country dating back to 2003 due to people undermining democratic processes in Zimbabwe?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Sure, there is a lot of money sitting out there. Although honestly $200 billion is just a fraction of what you'd need for a full roll out of the green new deal, medicare for all, etc...

But that's the question this hypothetical president will have to face in 2021. You going to pull $200 billion out of the military budget to put solar panels up everywhere? Lot of senators and congresscritters living in states or districts pretty dependent upon the military budget.
            I mean, it's not like there is already money going in to those areas that could be repurposed. How much money do American's spend on healthcare today vs the cost of medicare for all? How much money is subsidized for non-green energy that could be shifted to green energy? How many tax breaks are giving to one company that could be moved to another? Your entire premise is complete BS, but that's pretty much expected from you.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              How many tax breaks are giving to one company that could be moved to another?
              So you're saying this is about shifting favorites in the tax code. Why not get out of the business of playing favorites?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Government always chooses winners and losers even if they just stand idly by and do nothing, that's kinda how it works.

Comment

So you're saying this is about shifting favorites in the tax code. Why not get out of the business of playing favorites?
                  No, I'm saying Hovey is being dishonest about the amount of money required to implement many of the policies in the green new deal. Getting out of the playing favorites with taxes business would make implementing it even less expensive since more revenue would be coming in. I made no judgement on the goodness of current practices, just that they are already an existing cost that could be shifted as a "funding" source.

Comment

There's no such thing as a neutral or objective fiscal policy. Every decision benefits somebody and hurts somebody else.

Politics is how we pick favorites. We've been picking the 1% for 40 years. Time to pick the 99% for a while.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      No, I'm saying Hovey is being dishonest about the amount of money required to implement many of the policies in the green new deal. Getting out of the playing favorites with taxes business would make implementing it even less expensive since more revenue would be coming in. I made no judgement on the goodness of current practices, just that they are already an existing cost that could be shifted as a "funding" source.
                      If we just could have all the corporate welfare back. And that's not even including the tax cut they just got. We still pump billions into the fossil fuel industry every year. Not including the wars we've fought for the fossil fuel industry.

But, hey, there's no money ever for the green stuff. Or the citizens. Or the workers. **** all that.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      There's no such thing as a neutral or objective fiscal policy. Every decision benefits somebody and hurts somebody else.

Politics is how we pick favorites. We've been picking the 1% for 40 years. Time to pick the 99% for a while.
                      And that's a homerun right there.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's a bogus list. Pretty much every one of those is a mechanism to prevent individuals or financials institutions from working with bad actors. They were agreed upon by all branches. Dumpy's false emergency is a different animal. It's a way to subvert Constitutional checks and balances.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's a bogus list. Pretty much every one of those is a mechanism to prevent individuals or financials institutions from working with bad actors. They were agreed upon by all branches. Dumpy's false emergency is a different animal. It's a way to subvert Constitutional checks and balances.
                          Hey, he's just following orders...errrrr....asking questions.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Hey, he's just following orders...errrrr....asking questions.
                            So my questions make you uncomfortable. That's fine. It means you have to think about what you espouse.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I think there can be dually (maybe not entirely mutual; I can’t think of the right word though) beneficial decisions. An extraordinarily strong middle class makes for a happy upper class. Potentially even wealthier than they would be squeezing the blood out of the corpses of the plebeians. Think of it as controlling more money from economic growth instead of just controlling more of the share of wealth but from a smaller pie.

Would they be happier with more money? Sure. But I’m also sure that keeping their heads would also be better than more money.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X