X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:48: There's Always Barber College

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    My heart will bleed for them when I stop laughing at them. I am estimating 2029 I should be ready to feel sorry for them
    That's not your heart bleeding- that's your diaphragm getting a cramp from the laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Suckers.
      Should someone explain to that guy how the tax brackets work?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        Should someone explain to that guy how the tax brackets work?
        LOL. Naw, let him twist.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Suckers.
          Yet another Republican who didn't get marginal tax brackets to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Yet another Republican who didn't get marginal tax brackets to boot.
            Turns out there's a reason for admissions standards.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Taxes are so screwy now. I filed Married-Filing Separately because when my wife and I filled out a Joint version, we were to receive about $300 in tax refund. When I filled it out Married Filing Separate, I personally received about $350 in refunds, and my wife about $2600.

Nice system, GOP.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Taxes are so screwy now. I filed Married-Filing Separately because when my wife and I filled out a Joint version, we were to receive about $300 in tax refund. When I filled it out Married Filing Separate, I personally received about $350 in refunds, and my wife about $2600.

Nice system, GOP.
                Interesting. I wonder if that will work the same for me. I go on Saturday to my accountant.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Nice system, GOP.
                  Thanks for noting that- I'll have to check how that looks. Odd that it can happen, though.

Comment

I normally get a refund but my accountant said I’ll be lucky to break even. High tax state and the cap on deductions, as suspected, hurts people like myself.

Now if fidelity can just generate my docs I can get these done

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I normally get a refund but my accountant said I’ll be lucky to break even. High tax state and the cap on deductions, as suspected, hurts people like myself.

Now if fidelity can just generate my docs I can get these done
                      It's not a total cap on deductions, it's a cap on some deductions plus a huge increase of the standard deduction. So if you have high state and estate taxes, you will be limited, which will naturally impact the other deductions that one would make.

My estimate mid and late last year has us ok, but we will see, I suppose.

(thankfully, we just paid off the mortgage, which frees up some money if we owe)

Comment

SOTU guests - ur doin it wrong. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-white-n966876

A 6th-grade boy who has been bullied because of his last name, Trump, is among about a dozen people invited by President Donald Trump and his wife, Melania, to the State of the Union on Tuesday, the White House said Monday.

"Unfortunately, Joshua has been bullied in school due to his last name," the White House release said of Joshua Trump, of Wilmington, Delaware.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Thanks for noting that- I'll have to check how that looks. Odd that it can happen, though.
                          I haven't parsed the forms, but H&R Block's application ran the numbers when I filled out three total returns - 1 joint, and 2 separate. So we filed separately.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

From West Virginia, shocking

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                From West Virginia, shocking
                                Wasn't WV the one state of the lower 48 not too see any significant immigrant influx? It's cute how they keep thinking anyone wants to be there.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X