X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:48: There's Always Barber College

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    I don't think there is an immigration problem. We clearly need immigrants. My company couldn't function with out skilled immigrants.

I think there is a fundamental economic problem that not only encourages population growth, but requires it to function. There is clearly a limit. I'd rather we stop before we reach it.
    If you are so worried about population growth, what does it have to do with the claim that 42M people will cross the border?

Seems like an odd time to worry about it.

This country already is able to feed far more than ourselves, so food and whatnot is not a problem, unless the farms do crappy work, and make the environment worse.

(BTW, the farming waste of water isn't because of population growth- it's just bad management- go look it up. California is the poster child of really bad water management, much for crappy farming reasons.)

Regardless, it's funny that you whine about theoretical population growth during an immigration debate. So feel free to **** yourself right back. Pretty whiny, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I’d much rather we had young, hard working immigrants move here from Latin America or wherever else versus old rich white people and I’m sure you feel the same way. Alfa completely missed the point.
      No, you whined about 42M people crossing the border, and are now hiding behind the worry of population growth. You are a POS, and we've all known it for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        If you are so worried about population growth, what does it have to do with the claim that 42M people will cross the border?

Seems like an odd time to worry about it.
        I'm not overly concerned by the 42M people (and I had never even heard that number until someone posted it here). My concerns about population growth are not a reason to "turn them away" or build a stupid wall. Find anything I've said in my long posting history that's been anti-immigrant. You can't -- all I said was that i'm not excited by the prospect of a U.S. population of 400M+.

I've been concerned about population growth for a very long time. The best thing we could do for the planet as humans is stop ****ing.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        (BTW, the farming waste of water isn't because of population growth- it's just bad management- go look it up. California is the poster child of really bad water management, much for crappy farming reasons.)
        most California agriculture is done in the desert and depends entirely on diverted water from the Colorado River. If you eat strawberries and lettuce in the winter, you're part of the problem (I certainly am). Desert agriculture to support the fresh fruit habit of 325M people certainly uses more water than it would with half our population
        Last edited by BassAle; 02-11-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          No, you whined about 42M people crossing the border, and are now hiding behind the worry of population growth. You are a POS, and we've all known it for a long time.
          I literally didn’t mention the 42m people once. All of my posts were exclusively about Maine.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

consider 9M people now is actually a lot more households.
            That's a really good point which I had never thought about before. The footprint of those 9M is far, far higher than it was in 1910 when we had 16 people to a room in the tenements.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Water pipeline from Alaska.

One of Wally Hickel's ideas.
              I'd never heard of Hickel. From his Wikipedia entry he sounds like he was one helluva guy.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

most California agriculture is done in the desert and depends entirely on diverted water from the Colorado River. If you eat strawberries and lettuce in the winter, you're part of the problem (I certainly am). Desert agriculture to support the fresh fruit habit of 325M people certainly uses more water than it would with half our population
                Uh, again, I suggest you look into that statement. Yes, there is desert farming in California, but it's not what feeds the majority of farms in California, and it's not the majority of farms in California. That's the San Joaquin Valley, who gets most of their water from Northern California.

Yes, there is desert grown lettuce, but far more of it is grown in the central valley that is fed from the north. Yes, there are strawberries grown in the desert, but, again, much of that is grown in the central valley, and northern watered.

And the core water problem for California is really bad water control in the central valley. And is the core reason why Northern California wants to be their own state.

If you really want to help take water pressure off of California, then grow more in Maine. Just like we should grow more in Michigan. We both have plenty of water, and growing more will take summer pressure off of California. And farming more in Michigan and Maine = more people moving to each state.

Finally, here in Michigan, we get strawberries from Florida. Why are you getting them from California? That seems pretty stupid.

either way, what you are so worried about has nothing to really do with the current immigration debate. Population grows- that's how it works. We have to learn how to deal with it. Whether it happens in Mexico or Maine, it's the same global effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Uh, again, I suggest you look into that statement. Yes, there is desert farming in California, but it's not what feeds the majority of farms in California, and it's not the majority of farms in California. That's the San Joaquin Valley, who gets most of their water from Northern California.

Yes, there is desert grown lettuce, but far more of it is grown in the central valley that is fed from the north. Yes, there are strawberries grown in the desert, but, again, much of that is grown in the central valley, and northern watered.

And the core water problem for California is really bad water control in the central valley. And is the core reason why Northern California wants to be their own state.

If you really want to help take water pressure off of California, then grow more in Maine. Just like we should grow more in Michigan. We both have plenty of water, and growing more will take summer pressure off of California. And farming more in Michigan and Maine = more people moving to each state.

Finally, here in Michigan, we get strawberries from Florida. Why are you getting them from California? That seems pretty stupid.

either way, what you are so worried about has nothing to really do with the current immigration debate. Population grows- that's how it works. We have to learn how to deal with it. Whether it happens in Mexico or Maine, it's the same global effect.
                  Read this one over: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/10/plummeting-insect-numbers-threaten-collapse-of-nature

Comment

Just more evidence that we're destroying the planet. And the US is the most responsible.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Just more evidence that we're destroying the planet. And the US is the most responsible.
                      And Mr. Trump is hellbent on moving up the pace of destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        And Mr. Trump is hellbent on moving up the pace of destruction.
                        He's been pumping the handcart to hell ever since daddy gave him all that money. You know the "small loan".

Trump claimed he turned a 'small' $1 million loan from his father into an empire. The New York Times says it was more like $60.7 million in loans.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          We're not and we actually haven't been for along time. The Soviets stole our crown for environmental destruction in the '60s; the Chinese stole it from the Russians in the '90s, and the Indians (dot) stole it from the Chinese in the '10s.

The Indians are probably going to hold it for a long, long time.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            We're not and we actually haven't been for along time. The Soviets stole our crown for environmental destruction in the '60s; the Chinese stole it from the Russians in the '90s, and the Indians (dot) stole it from the Chinese in the '10s.

The Indians are probably going to hold it for a long, long time.
                            It's not just about pollution. Add all the factors together and we're leading the pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              It's not just about pollution. Add all the factors together and we're leading the pack.
                              It’s hard to quantify who is the worst, but we’re certainly part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Comment

It’s hard to quantify who is the worst, but we’re certainly part of the problem and not part of the solution.
                                Not hard to quantify at all. Our entire system is based on greed. Nothing kills the planet faster than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X