This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    As I understood it he already had a military slush fund he could use without declaring a national emergency. Instead, he did the stupidest thing possible.
    Personally I hope the dems fund their emergencies by taxing the living hell out of churches

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:48: There's Always Barber College

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Doesn't the declaration of national emergency give him the power to shift money that was budgeted elsewhere towards funding for the wall? So, tell me about the shift to fund the green new deal, UBI, single payer health insurance and new infrastructure. Will probably take a little bit more than say the money allocated for congressional junkets.
      I do believe there are limits in how the money shifts can be performed, but I'm unsure of exactly what those restrictions are.

Either way, it's a horrible idea and no side should be excited by it or the possible downstream ramifications.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        As I understood it he already had a military slush fund he could use without declaring a national emergency. Instead, he did the stupidest thing possible.
        Sure. But that's partly my point. If a President wants to find $4-5 billion, no big deal. He can find it easily. But the wish list that lefties are now ejaculating over that they think they'll get in January 2021 is going to be a slightly bigger shift of funds.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Personally I hope the dems fund their emergencies by taxing the living hell out of churches
          Yes. That makes sense. They've been political all along. Their exemption does not seem warranted anymore.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I do believe there are limits in how the money shifts can be performed, but I'm unsure of exactly what those restrictions are.

Either way, it's a horrible idea and no side should be excited by it or the possible downstream ramifications.
            It is a stupid idea. It shouldn't be done, unless there are real emergencies.

But declaring national emergencies doesn't install full dictatorial powers on the president like some here and elsewhere seem to suggest, the power to just levy taxes at will and spend whatever amount of money he or she wants.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Sure. But that's partly my point. If a President wants to find $4-5 billion, no big deal. He can find it easily. But the wish list that lefties are now ejaculating over that they think they'll get in January 2021 is going to be a slightly bigger shift of funds.
              You don’t sound frightened at all.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Such a pressing emergency, its been going on for two months with nothing being done about it.

Yeah, that's gonna hold up in court
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Comes nowhere near the rights ejaculation when Merrick Garland's nomination was ignored. You reap what you ****ing sow.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A national emergency for an actual crisis like climate change vs a manufactured "crisis" along the border... what could possibly be the difference?

Comment

In any event, if he declares a national emergency, Nancy gets to hold a vote in Congress as to whether that emergency continues.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        You don’t sound frightened at all.
                        He would be if the Black Muslim did this

Comment

Tweet for anything: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...41553079431168

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

****ing Wow.

Do as I say, not as I do. Republicans love hypocrisy. They're married to it. All the time. But, us liberals treat them like the snowflakes they are so they can't vote for us. Oh, boo, hoo.

Comment

Doesn't the declaration of national emergency give him the power to shift money that was budgeted elsewhere towards funding for the wall? So, tell me about the shift to fund the green new deal, UBI, single payer health insurance and new infrastructure. Will probably take a little bit more than say the money allocated for congressional junkets.
                              It's ignoring another piece of the Constitution for "I wanna I wanna I wanna!"

It's the precedent from “No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law" to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If that's something that can be ignored for a (self created) emergency what isn't? You give politicians a tool, they'll use it.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So are you suggesting that what dumpy is doing is ok, and the things the D's want to do is not?

As far as I can see, national health care IS a national emergency- unlike the theoretical people harmed by immigrants, the fact that we don't have national healthcare is clearly leading to more early deaths- our life expectancy has dropped, and is going in the opposite direction to other developed countries.

Poverty, for sure, causes premature death. So there's a national emergency. Direct funds there.

Climate change kills people- ask people recovering from hurricanes or fires... direct funds there.

And guns kill people- more people are killed by guns than immigrants. Direct funds to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X