X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:48: There's Always Barber College

Love how tD saying there is so much money in "there" he can't spend it
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      So my questions make you uncomfortable. That's fine. It means you have to think about what you espouse.
      You just asking the question of what other state of emergencies there are...is fine. Any inference that the wall is 'just another' emergency is not.

None of those existing 'emergencies' were enacted to spend taxpayer money to fulfill the president's campaign promise...with the benefits for the president faar outweighing that of anyone else or the country.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        You just asking the question of what other state of emergencies there are...is fine. Any inference that the wall is 'just another' emergency is not.

None of those existing 'emergencies' were enacted to spend taxpayer money to fulfill the president's campaign promise...with the benefits for the president faar outweighing that of anyone else or the country.
        Are there any facts whatsoever to support the conclusion that there is an emergency situation concerning national security that a wall could solve? Citations welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          I mean, it's not like there is already money going in to those areas that could be repurposed. How much money do American's spend on healthcare today vs the cost of medicare for all? How much money is subsidized for non-green energy that could be shifted to green energy? How many tax breaks are giving to one company that could be moved to another? Your entire premise is complete BS, but that's pretty much expected from you.
          You're arguing something completely different from my point.

Yeah, we all spend a ton of money on health insurance or health care, and if we just switched it so that we had medicare for all, it might not be that much more expensive. That may or may not be true. I really have no idea. Furthermore, I personally think that a single payer system is probably the way we'll end up having to go, because the current system certainly doesn't solve any problems.

But the point of my posts was to respond to claims that a democrat holding the office of president in 2021 will be able to follow Trump's lead and declare a national emergency, this time on health care, and implement a medicare for all system. My response was hogwash. How exactly are you going to use national emergency powers to get that accomplished.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Where did I say it was ok? I think I've been pretty clear on this board that I oppose executive orders or any other sort of unilateral action by the President to just decide what the law is or should be. This is no different. I was simply responding to some posters here who were gleefully looking into the future, and before they rubbed themselves raw I wanted to throw a little cold water their way by reminding them that whatever sort of "national emergencies" they want their President to implement in 2021, there still are the constitutional constraints, and the practical constraints of "where is the money actually going to come from."
              So we are waiting for you an your people to fully condemn the moron in the white house. Call your reps and make sure they know.

Until then, you can complain about people gleefully waiting for the future, and we will ignore you.

And why do R's really care about "where the money comes from"???? Since when has that actually mattered? Ever? Dumpy will just make it up, just like R's give tax breaks to totally inflate the deficit.

Comment

You're arguing something completely different from my point.

Yeah, we all spend a ton of money on health insurance or health care, and if we just switched it so that we had medicare for all, it might not be that much more expensive. That may or may not be true. I really have no idea. Furthermore, I personally think that a single payer system is probably the way we'll end up having to go, because the current system certainly doesn't solve any problems.

But the point of my posts was to respond to claims that a democrat holding the office of president in 2021 will be able to follow Trump's lead and declare a national emergency, this time on health care, and implement a medicare for all system. My response was hogwash. How exactly are you going to use national emergency powers to get that accomplished.
                Do you know the overhead on run of the mill health insurance? It’s something like 20-30 percent. Do you know what the overhead on Medicare is? 3-5%.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sure, there is a lot of money sitting out there. Although honestly $200 billion is just a fraction of what you'd need for a full roll out of the green new deal, medicare for all, etc...

But that's the question this hypothetical president will have to face in 2021. You going to pull $200 billion out of the military budget to put solar panels up everywhere? Lot of senators and congresscritters living in states or districts pretty dependent upon the military budget.
                  Dude, just be a Republican and proud of it- debt and deficits don't matter. Tax cuts for people who don't need them is all that matters.

R's complaining about budgets and money is funny- given what your representation has done to the budget.

Pretty pathetic to complain about that now.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Do you know the overhead on run of the mill health insurance? It’s something like 20-30 percent. Do you know what the overhead on Medicare is? 3-5%.
                    Back in the ACA debate days, I did a rough calculation that showed that the sum of all private insurance paid would easily pay for all Americans when one changed the overhead from 15% to 4%. And have some left over.

The idea that we allow companies to launder our money when doctors should be paid is sad. Health care companies add nothing what so ever to the system, other than taking money away from providers and give it to shareholders. They take away by putting hard limits on what can be done, and who you can see for health treatment.

It's a moronic system that is hardly moral.

Comment

Just did cut one of our taxes. Our taxes lowered, but not the amount that we were promised. And we are in one of the upper income ranges.

And doing them, planning for next year, charities are going to get totally screwed. The only ones I'm happy will get screwed are the Evangelical churches, as that instantly just went from a tax deduction charity to just another bill for 99% of Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Dude, just be a Republican and proud of it- debt and deficits don't matter. Tax cuts for people who don't need them is all that matters.

R's complaining about budgets and money is funny- given what your representation has done to the budget.

Pretty pathetic to complain about that now.
                        This sums it up well

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Are there any facts whatsoever to support the conclusion that there is an emergency situation concerning national security that a wall could solve? Citations welcome.
                          The annual Worldwide Threat Assessment by the United States Intelligence Community explicitly announced the opposite conclusion: there is no national security threat on the Mexican border, and obviously thus no emergency.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Back in the ACA debate days, I did a rough calculation that showed that the sum of all private insurance paid would easily pay for all Americans when one changed the overhead from 15% to 4%. And have some left over.

The idea that we allow companies to launder our money when doctors should be paid is sad. Health care companies add nothing what so ever to the system, other than taking money away from providers and give it to shareholders. They take away by putting hard limits on what can be done, and who you can see for health treatment.

It's a moronic system that is hardly moral.
                            That’s why I’m in favor of it, it’s a much more efficient system.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              That’s why I’m in favor of it, it’s a much more efficient system.
                              Then vote like you’re like in favor of it.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Has Trump explained how he could have allowed this emergency to develop after two years in office with his party controlling both houses. Was he just not paying attention or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X