X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:48: There's Always Barber College

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    This is the stuff she is good at.
    This is why I am liking her. She fires shots subtle, but not subtle. Higher reading level.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Get ready for him to say the Mexicans did pay for it.
      Shortly followed by every news organization filing an FOIA request for proof.

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Nothing says "national emergency" like going to Florida to golf: https://***********/CivMilAir/status...52298064146435
      It's a good thing he isn't a paramedic with how quickly he reacts to "emergencies". He'd take you to a hospital 2 hours away instead of the one across the street while you're having a heart atack...driving the speed limit.

"It's OK, it's OK...I give the best CPR. Nobody CPR's as good as I do."
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Oddly enough, I think this is part of his whole plan. When his declaration gets shut down, he can blame the swamp. Not his fault. He tried to get that wall built.
        One thing for sure: if it comes down to a SCOTUS review of his authority to use emergency powers and to appropriate funds the way he is promising, Kavanaugh will back him, no matter what.

Comment

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            One thing for sure: if it comes down to a SCOTUS review of his authority to use emergency powers and to appropriate funds the way he is promising, Kavanaugh will back him, no matter what.
            Kavanaugh, Alito, and Thomas will do whatever the GOP tells them to.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              So are you suggesting that what dumpy is doing is ok, and the things the D's want to do is not?

As far as I can see, national health care IS a national emergency- unlike the theoretical people harmed by immigrants, the fact that we don't have national healthcare is clearly leading to more early deaths- our life expectancy has dropped, and is going in the opposite direction to other developed countries.

Poverty, for sure, causes premature death. So there's a national emergency. Direct funds there.

Climate change kills people- ask people recovering from hurricanes or fires... direct funds there.

And guns kill people- more people are killed by guns than immigrants. Direct funds to deal with that.
              Where did I say it was ok? I think I've been pretty clear on this board that I oppose executive orders or any other sort of unilateral action by the President to just decide what the law is or should be. This is no different. I was simply responding to some posters here who were gleefully looking into the future, and before they rubbed themselves raw I wanted to throw a little cold water their way by reminding them that whatever sort of "national emergencies" they want their President to implement in 2021, there still are the constitutional constraints, and the practical constraints of "where is the money actually going to come from."
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

So it's unconstitutional to use an amendment of the constitution, yet we're literally supporting the ousting of another state's president due to the constitution of that country. I suppose that's why the third-world part got thrown in there, but that is quite the pretzel to twist oneself in. Though I should know by now to stop trying to rationalize the hypocrisy.
                Apparently NO ONE reads the Constitution. Mostly the Republicans.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Where did I say it was ok? I think I've been pretty clear on this board that I oppose executive orders or any other sort of unilateral action by the President to just decide what the law is or should be. This is no different. I was simply responding to some posters here who were gleefully looking into the future, and before they rubbed themselves raw I wanted to throw a little cold water their way by reminding them that whatever sort of "national emergencies" they want their President to implement in 2021, there still are the constitutional constraints, and the practical constraints of "where is the money actually going to come from."
                  You mean like when the Republicans jizzed themselves when they got Gorsuch on the Court?

You reap what you sow. Republicans are setting precedent that will not be undone.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ssia-then-now/

How Team Trump keeps changing its story in the Russia investigation

Over the past two years, President Donald Trump and his team have offered changing accounts regarding key matters in the Russia investigation. Their denials have been debunked, Trump has contradicted his senior aides and sometimes his team has completely flipped its position.

Special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election along with potential collusion between Trump’s campaign and the Russian government. So far, six Trump associates have been charged, but nobody has been implicated in collusion. Trump adamantly denies collusion.

Public contradictions, walkbacks and flip-flops have become a hallmark of how Trump’s team has responded to the Russia probe, which was launched in 2016 and is now in its third year.

Here are the most consequential examples of Team Trump changing its story.
                    Did any Trump campaign aides have contacts with Russia?

Then - No. There weren’t any.
                    Now - Yes. There were many.

Did anyone on the Trump campaign collude with Russia?

Then - There was no collusion whatsoever.
                    Now - Trump himself didn’t collude.

What was the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting?

Then - To discuss Russian adoptions.
                    Now - To get dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Did Trump draft the misleading Trump Tower meeting statement?

Then - Nope. He wasn’t even involved.
                    Now - Yes. He dictated the statement.

Why did Trump fire Comey?

Then - Because of the Clinton email investigation.
                    Now - Because of the Russia investigation.

Did Trump tell Comey to go easy on Flynn?

Then - Absolutely not.
                    Now - It's Possible.

Will Trump agree to an interview with Mueller?

Then - He wants to do it.
                    Now - Zero Chance.

Can a sitting US president obstruct justice?

Then - No.
                    Now - Possibly.

How do Trump’s lawyers view Mueller?

Then - He’s a respected and focused investigator.
                    Now - He’s a corrupt partisan on a witch hunt.

Is Trump going to pardon Manafort?

Then - It’s not being considered.
                    Now - It’s still on the table.

Does Trump have any business ties to Russia?

Then - Trump has nothing to do with Russia.
                    Now - Trump pursued Russia deals through 2016.

When did discussions end for Trump Tower Moscow?

Then - January 2016 before the primaries.
                    Now - Possibly as late as November 2016.

Did Trump sign a letter of intent for Trump Tower Moscow?

Then - No he didn't.
                    Now - Yes he did.

How does Trump view campaign aides under Russia scrutiny?

Then - They’re the best of the best.
                    Now - They’re irrelevant nobodies.

What does Trump think of Cohen?

Then - He’s a trusted attorney.
                    Now - He is a desperate liar.
                    Totally the acts of a camp full innocent people.

Comment

Nah just ask drew. Only reason things are happening is because of Obama judges. Time to end the witch hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Nah just ask drew. Only reason things are happening is because of Obama judges. Time to end the witch hunt
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          One of your better posts. Talking a lot of sense here.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Well, there's $200 billion or more sitting in the Pentagon budget.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Where did I say it was ok? I think I've been pretty clear on this board that I oppose executive orders or any other sort of unilateral action by the President to just decide what the law is or should be.
                              So what will Trump have to do that will cause you to support any other realistic choice for president?
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                So what will Trump have to do that will cause you to support any other realistic choice for president?
                                I didn't vote for Trump when he ran in 2016, and I certainly have no intention of voting for him in any other election.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X