Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: One Person's Trash...

Lucia Apologist

Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

The Punisher and Jessica Jones just got axed.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

I know it jus got officially announced but they actually got axed a while ago. All the Marvel shows got cancelled because Disney is pulling all of their content to put on their streaming service. The shows werent super profitable which is why Disney isnt continuing on their service.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Lucia Apologist

There is a 0% chance I subscribe to that channel on principle alone. I don't want to pay for streaming services for 50 different content providers.

This is also the problem with a la carte cable. Great in principle because you only pay for what you want, but you really end up paying the same amount for less content.

I know a bazillion nerds and Disney freaks are going to subscribe to it. But count me out.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    There is a 0% chance I subscribe to that channel on principle alone. I don't want to pay for streaming services for 50 different content providers.

This is also the problem with a la carte cable. Great in principle because you only pay for what you want, but you really end up paying the same amount for less content.

I know a bazillion nerds and Disney freaks are going to subscribe to it. But count me out.
    Well, the one advantage I ses with the streaming services is you can pick and choose by the month. Get Netflix for a couple months, cancel Netflix and sign up for Hulu, cancel Hulu, get HBO Now, and so on. If you do it right, and are patient to watch the shows you want a little later, you can save money.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

The Punisher and Jessica Jones just got axed.
    GODDAMMIT. Ugh.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Yeah as soon as I saw the news I thought, “oooof Brent is going to be pi-sed “

Yeah as soon as I saw the news I thought, “oooof Brent is going to be pi-sed “
    Just about done with the latest season of The Punisher. Much more cerebral than S1. Of course, my fave was JJ. That's what got me started in this whole mess.

Edit: going into the Marvel thing, I knew Pun and JJ were still going, and the rest were cancelled, that part didn't bother me, because I knew ahead of time.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Sounds a like network sitcom.
    This does not sound like a network sitcom.

"Katy, put on some clothes"
    "Not my forte"

Squirrely Dan talking about butt stuff had me rolling on the floor laughing.
    “Your sister is hot Wayne! There, I said it! I regret nothing!”

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    “Your sister is hot Wayne! There, I said it! I regret nothing!”

**** you Shoresy!

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    **** you Shoresy!
    **** you Jonesy! Your mom just liked my Instagram post from two years ago in Puerto Vallarta. Tell her I’ll put my swim trunks on anytime for her!

**** you Jonesy! Your mom just liked my Instagram post from two years ago in Puerto Vallarta. Tell her I’ll put my swim trunks on anytime for her!
    Let's have a donnybrook!
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Are you guys quoting that stupid Canadian show on Hulu?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Well, no one will like it cause it's on Network TV and probably will have one hour stories strewn in week to week (although How To Get Away With Murder is on Network TV and it's basically a soap opera), anyway Proven Innocent on Fox which just started last Friday had an excellent premiere episode and a very intriguing story.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Well, no one will like it cause it's on Network TV and probably will have one hour stories strewn in week to week (although How To Get Away With Murder is on Network TV and it's basically a soap opera), anyway Proven Innocent on Fox which just started last Friday had an excellent premiere episode and a very intriguing story.
    I found the idea intriguing...I wanted to see if it was going to make it the season before I invested time in it though.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I found the idea intriguing...I wanted to see if it was going to make it the season before I invested time in it though.
    Well, I'm in I guess. I don't have any NHL hockey to watch anymore so the schedule is pretty free.

Enemy Within on NBC I'm also excited about. We'll see if that can have a run like Blind Spot and The Black List have had (I still watch those).
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Are you guys quoting that stupid Canadian show on Hulu?
    Does a duck's dick drag weeds?

RIP - Kirby

Does a duck's dick drag weeds?
    So you waste time on that crap and you dare rip people who watch Network TV? Good lord

My buddy put that on last night...after 5 minutes of listening to those Rednecks talk I wanted to murder him. His wife, who literally laughs at everything asked me why it was funny and I had no clue.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

So you waste time on that crap and you dare rip people who watch Network TV? Good lord

My buddy put that on last night...after 5 minutes of listening to those Rednecks talk I wanted to murder him. His wife, who literally laughs at everything asked me why it was funny and I had no clue.
    I guess it’s a product of dealing with rural Canadians and such? I mean, I’ve met hundreds of Reilly’s and Jonesy’s (the hockey players) plus the weird hicks and skids portrayed in the show.

I guess it’s a product of dealing with rural Canadians and such? I mean, I’ve met hundreds of Reilly’s and Jonesy’s (the hockey players) plus the weird hicks and skids portrayed in the show.
    That is fine...but considering how much bbdl rips on other people's choices I have to come back at him for watching that dreck
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information