This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

A big recommendation for Exhibit A, the four episode series on Netflix, especially if you are into CSI type of issues in criminal cases.

Each episode is only about a half hour long, which seems about right. Each episode deconstructs a certain element of science, or pseudo-science, used to prosecute people. The four addressed in the initial four episodes are: video evidence, blood splatter evidence, cadaver dogs, and touch DNA.

Very entertaining series, and also maddening.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This new season of Drunk History would be more entertaining if the guy didn't have the power to launch nuclear weapons.

Comment

Through 5 episodes of Stranger Things Season 3...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Season 2. They remembered what made the show good...the kids. Sure there is a bit more teenage melodrama, but I will trade that for the "Faux Edgy 80s Punk X-Men" side story all day long.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Through 5 episodes of Stranger Things Season 3...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Season 2. They remembered what made the show good...the kids. Sure there is a bit more teenage melodrama, but I will trade that for the "Faux Edgy 80s Punk X-Men" side story all day long.
          That’s where I am too. Kind of miss bob newby though!
          Overall way better than season 2, still nowhere as good as dark season 2 though

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            100% agree with this statement. I watched all 8 episodes over the holiday and it is a big improvement over S2. I think the Duffers got the hint regarding the X-Men light plot line from S2 and confined it to the dustbin for S3. Hopefully it will never see the light of day again in any future seasons.

Nice to see they gave Billy something to do this season other than being the random hunk-jerk. Robin was a nice addition as well.

Comment

Haven't watched S3 yet but...the "X-Men Lite" plot was just one episode in S2, people. Though given it's what everyone remembers, I suppose that makes it more of a misstep on their part.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Haven't watched S3 yet but...the "X-Men Lite" plot was just one episode in S2, people. Though given it's what everyone remembers, I suppose that makes it more of a misstep on their part.
                It's true that only 1 entire episode was dedicated to that story line. However, it was sprinkled into other episodes and I recall early on after S2 was released the Duffer brothers hinted they were going to expand upon that story line for season three. I'm glad they didn't as there are plenty of X-Men/Powered people shows out there.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  It is one full episode but shows up elsewhere. It was stupid and a complete waste of time. (plus all the actors sucked including Millie Bobby Brown trying to look hardcore)

One episode to go and I am watching it tonight. This season is exactly what the doctor ordered...full on Goonies to the Nth degree.

I do miss Bob Newby: Superhero though
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I still liked season 2, but yes season 3 blows it out of the water.

"Nod, if you UNDERSTAND!"
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Any scene involving the Ice Cream store is better than all of season 2

The last two episodes of two were very good cause they focused on the kids. The kids are what makes the show great.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Any scene involving the Ice Cream store is better than all of season 2

The last two episodes of two were very good cause they focused on the kids. The kids are what makes the show great.

Effing love Scoops Ahoy.

It also finally hit me why I enjoy Hopper so much. He's my dad. My dad wasn't a cop or anything, but he made the same speeches to my sister's boyfriends back in the day.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

The Neverending Story
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Neverending Story
                            I was waiting for you to get there lol

Comment

City on a Hill?

Anyone? Must watch?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

One episode in and I love Hopper getting ****ed.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X