This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    These posts make me so happy! I watched it in college with a group of friends one night and we still quote it (15 years later. ). "They flipped the b1tch" and "fowah suppah I want a pawwty plattah"
    "Nothing bad ever happens to the Kennedys!"
    Last edited by aparch; 06-19-2019, 10:45 AM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

“Abe, remember how excited I was to see the movie "American Pie" that I didn't sleep the night before? And remember that scene where the guy has sex with the pie? Well, I don't. Because I fell asleep in the theatre.”
      “Why don’t you just rent it?”
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Finished Good Omens on Amazon Prime. Solid A-. Definitely worth the payoff at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Jessica Jones: Ep 12 of S3: That took a hard turn. I hope that they go the route of Daredevil/Punisher/Cage and close the current storylines, but leave an opening for the future. Lot to tie up, though.

The hard turn very much intrigues me. I suppose it was always there, but it never got paid attention to. I like it...so far.
          Much like the other Marvel series I watched (all except Iron Anal Fist), solid ending. Closure, but left open to continue new stories.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bad news. "Good Omens" is a hit and has gotten some really strong reviews. Unfortunately, a religious group started a petition drive against Netflix to take the show down. Subsequently you can't find it on any Netflix platform, and Netflix UK has announced it will not make any episodes.

The good news is that the show was produced by Amazon and can still be found on that platform. Obviously Satan made the religious zealots attack the wrong streaming service.

Comment

John Oliver segment tonight on the madness on Everest. Ripped the Nepalese side for allowing so many permits. Really good piece

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                John Oliver segment tonight on the madness on Everest. Ripped the Nepalese side for allowing so many permits. Really good piece
                Been sorta following this story. Don't necessarily rip the climbers. Rip the people giving out a TON of permits for a buck.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  Been sorta following this story. Don't necessarily rip the climbers. Rip the people giving out a TON of permits for a buck.
                  And that’s what he did. I said the Nepalese side, not the climbers. He points out that some outfitters aren’t vetting climbers.
                  However if you know you’re not experienced enough, you have zero business going and endangering others

Comment

And that’s what he did. I said the Nepalese side, not the climbers. He points out that some outfitters aren’t vetting climbers.
                    However if you know you’re not experienced enough, you have zero business going and endangering others
                    I am not coming after you, believe me. Some climbers don't KNOW they are not experience enough, and Nepalese are still saying, "Well, here's your permit." It's ridiculous. Even experienced climbers know the risks, and some perish. It's a dangerous thing to do.

Comment

Been sorta following this story. Don't necessarily rip the climbers.
                      Space tourists aren't astronauts; they're ballast.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I do. Half of them don't know what they're doing. Over half couldn't get up the mountain without the local help. Etc, etc, etc. It's become a joke and Oliver exposed it big time last night.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I do. Half of them don't know what they're doing. Over half couldn't get up the mountain without the local help. Etc, etc, etc. It's become a joke and Oliver exposed it big time last night.
                          My favorite was the lady who didn’t know how to put on it use crampons. Her dumb *** knew she had no business up there, I hope that she didn’t take anyone else out when she died

Comment

My favorite was the lady who didn’t know how to put on it use crampons. Her dumb *** knew she had no business up there, I hope that she didn’t take anyone else out when she died
                            This story has been around and getting publicity dating back at least to when Into Thin Air was written a decade plus ago. It just hits the public consciousness again each May because that's when they try to summit Everest and that's when more people die.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Was that krakauer? I read that one back in like Middle School. It must be almost 20-25 years old now.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                That's why I said "necessarily." If they vetted all the climbers, and still issued a ton of permits, allowing only the qualified climbers, that would be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X