This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

New Press Your Luck is...actually pretty decent. Board looks and sounds good, appropriate amounts and spaces, Whammies are acceptable (and there are probably quite a few we haven't seen yet.) Elizabeth Banks keeps the game moving well, but seems to be holding back a bit and hasn't picked up on some of the show's mannerisms/sayings (like saying "Stop at X and a spin" or the obligatory warning about being careful about picking up a third Whammy in round 1) but give her some time.

The extended bonus round worked out better than I thought it would, and the personalized prizes are neat, but we can cut back on the sob stories. Cool part is if you just want straight PYL and don't give a hoot about the bonus game you can just watch the first half-hour.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

The new Jessica Jones season dropped tonight. Just watched the first ep, and it makes this season look very promising.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        The new Jessica Jones season dropped tonight. Just watched the first ep, and it makes this season look very promising.
        Got through another couple eps. The approach being taken, it's interesting. I like it. One point of the main plot was most likely inevitable, and they gave in, but that is probably a good thing. We'll see how it goes. The secondary characters are really being developed, which I truly enjoy. Some were established, but they are getting to the core of them, almost treating them as main characters, creating a true ensemble cast.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

So, MTV is making a Daria spinoff, and they picked Jodie.

I would have much rather seen Trent or Jane Lane.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

I would have much rather seen Trent or Jane Lane.
            They were talking about this on The Current (MN Public Radio) the other day. The big question is "why? MTV no longer matters to anyone with a brain." I had to agree with that.

Comment

Got through another couple eps. The approach being taken, it's interesting. I like it. One point of the main plot was most likely inevitable, and they gave in, but that is probably a good thing. We'll see how it goes. The secondary characters are really being developed, which I truly enjoy. Some were established, but they are getting to the core of them, almost treating them as main characters, creating a true ensemble cast.
              So a lot better than S2 I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                So a lot better than S2 I hope...
                I liked S2. It blew up everything. This is the aftermath. Now, I don't know if they knew this was the last season on Net or not, that could have affected things, but they are getting down and dirty with the characters.

Comment

They were talking about this on The Current (MN Public Radio) the other day. The big question is "why? MTV no longer matters to anyone with a brain." I had to agree with that.
                  The time to do this would have been right after the original Daria went off the air. I kind of forgot MTV existed...
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

And My Little Pony introduced its first lesbian couple.

Cool.

Comment

The time to do this would have been right after the original Daria went off the air. I kind of forgot MTV existed...
                      Ditto. I have to honestly ask, does MTV2 or VH1 even exist anymore?

Comment

Ditto. I have to honestly ask, does MTV2 or VH1 even exist anymore?
                        MTV has been reduced to 6 hour blocks of that "Ridiculousness" show where a bunch of D-listers laugh at YouTube videos.

In other words, right up our alley.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          MTV has been reduced to 6 hour blocks of that "Ridiculousness" show where a bunch of D-listers laugh at YouTube videos.

In other words, right up our alley.
                          So....a ghetto-arse version of MST3K? Pass.

Comment

Call me when they get a reboot of Clone High.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Call me when they get a reboot of Clone High.
                              Whenever someone asks me to recommend a show that they haven't seen yet, this is my go-to.

Only one season, so it's not too much of a time sink, and it's worth it.

Comment

Jett on Cinemax S1E1. Interesting concept. You have to understand that you are jumping into the middle of the story. So, some things you have to take as fact you have to take on faith because they were true a long time ago. Pretty interesting. I think I'll keep watching.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X