X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Originally posted by duper View Post
    I've started watching Goliath on Amazon Prime. I find it pretty entertaining.

That actually sounds kind of amazing. But I could see it being a one episode per day (or possibly per week) kind of thing.
    History Channel had a show on Sun Tzu, and how his philosophy was carried out in the 'Nam war, the Civil War, and WWII. It was quite good. https://www.amazon.com/Art-War-Telev.../dp/B002DY9KQ6

My only knock was that the show was too short. It could have been a 6 hour mini-series, and STILL it would have not fully explained all the reasoning and such, behind the actions. This dictator show sounds like it incorporates many of the same principles.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

W Kamau Bell's United Shades Of America returns tonight. Great show (CNN, slice of life show).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This season of Billions is brilliant! Man I love that show
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Black List is getting a 7th season. That means I'll have to wait another entire season for the final reveal. And my fave character was sent off to nowhere. Sadly this show should have lasted 5.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Canadians are divided over last night's Simpsons

@CBC: The Simpsons is taking fire over this scene that references "stupid Newfies" and seal clubbing. The scene about Newfoundland and Labrador has some people saying the show went too far. https://***********/PeterCBC/status/...144000/video/1
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

$18 victory today. $54,017 vs $53,999. Someone caught a DD late in Double Jeopardy and had the stones to put their chips in. But it wasn't enough.

This was the blueprint of how to beat this guy. Stay within spitting distance and hit a DD late. Otherwise he's going to reel off about 100 in a row.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

What the hell is Netflix thinking by cancelling Santa Clarita Diet? That was one of their greatest and most critically acclaimed shows, right?

I'm definitely going to miss it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  What the hell is Netflix thinking by cancelling Santa Clarita Diet? That was one of their greatest and most critically acclaimed shows, right?

I'm definitely going to miss it.
                  I liked it. Bummer

Comment

Tonight we were back to Godzilla flattening the Japanese fishing village. Over $96K, pushing $1.5 mil for the entire run.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Tonight we were back to Godzilla flattening the Japanese fishing village. Over $96K, pushing $1.5 mil for the entire run.
                      Great analogy!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Ken Burns documentary on The Mayo Clinic is outstanding.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Mayonnaise is gross

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
                            Mayonnaise is gross
                            And why do we need an entire clinic to study it?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              And why do we need an entire clinic to study it?
                              An oldie but a goodie.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                An oldie but a goodie.
                                Huh. Never heard of that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X