Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: One Person's Trash...

Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    The entire state is not very high on my list
    I think it would be cool to live in NY City. However, I would want to be financially stable/secure if I was doing so.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

The entire state is not very high on my list
    New York State above the Newburgh Bridge might as well be Minnesota.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I think it would be cool to live in NY City. However, I would want to be financially stable/secure if I was doing so.
    NYC would be amazing if you were filthy rich. Otherwise, no thanks.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Amazing what having money can do.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Amazing what having money can do.
    I hear it's got high favorables.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

New York State above the Newburgh Bridge might as well be Minnesota.
    I have been to Buffalo...how dare you insult Minnesota like that!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I have been to Buffalo...how dare you insult Minnesota like that!
    Are you to Kepler?

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

"That prison rape's your real go-to lately. Something you want to talk about?"
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Lucia Apologist

100% agree.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

True Detective 3rd season finally hit its stride this past week.

Awesome stuff.

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'd rather hang out in Manhattan with people who know they are d-bags and embrace it.
    You just described LoDo. Pass.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Started the Daredevil series on Netflix. Jessica/Luke/Defenders got me to cave in, wanted to know his story.

I'm liking these series, as the main characters are more anti-heroes, and "normal" people who happen to have enhanced abilities. Not your typical classic superhero character. I dare say, even bbdl might like them, if he gave it a chance. This isn't Superman/Spiderman stuff. It's not clean cut. It's the darker Nolan/Batman type stuff...that's about as close to a classic/neo-superhero comparison as I can describe it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

"City on a Hill" on Showtime in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byN6yQ8e9nc
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    "City on a Hill" on Showtime in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byN6yQ8e9nc
    Looks promising.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Started the Daredevil series on Netflix. Jessica/Luke/Defenders got me to cave in, wanted to know his story.

I'm liking these series, as the main characters are more anti-heroes, and "normal" people who happen to have enhanced abilities. Not your typical classic superhero character. I dare say, even bbdl might like them, if he gave it a chance. This isn't Superman/Spiderman stuff. It's not clean cut. It's the darker Nolan/Batman type stuff...that's about as close to a classic/neo-superhero comparison as I can describe it.
    Out of 10, DD is 8 parts Crime Drama, 2 parts Comic Book. There are comic book elements for sure. As you go through Season 1, you'll see Matt's Hero/Powers origin, but the focus is on his character. How he relates to the situation he's in and the people (and resulting problems) he encounters along the way. That is the focus of the story and it's excellently done. Wilson also has a similar character arc. In fact I think his arc trumps Matt's as you go through Season 1. You'll see what I mean as it progresses. Just wait for the "Car Door" scene to happen then hold on for the ride

Daredevil, as a whole, is the best TV adaptation of the genre out there. Throughout the 3 seasons though it rises and falls however. The potential to do something special with this absolutely was there in S1. But, much like the genre, politics and outside elements got involved and it's never really been the same since that original season.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Out of 10, DD is 8 parts Crime Drama, 2 parts Comic Book. There are comic book elements for sure. As you go through Season 1, you'll see Matt's Hero/Powers origin, but the focus is on his character. How he relates to the situation he's in and the people (and resulting problems) he encounters along the way. That is the focus of the story and it's excellently done. Wilson also has a similar character arc. In fact I think his arc trumps Matt's as you go through Season 1. You'll see what I mean as it progresses. Just wait for the "Car Door" scene to happen then hold on for the ride

Daredevil, as a whole, is the best TV adaptation of the genre out there. Throughout the 3 seasons though it rises and falls however. The potential to do something special with this absolutely was there in S1. But, much like the genre, politics and outside elements got involved and it's never really been the same since that original season.
    I'm 3 eps in, and so far, so good.

I think I like this set of intertwined series of Marvel because it's not somebody from another planet who has X-Ray vision or can shoot webs out of his wrist, or has some magic hammer that crushes everything, etc.

The characters simply have extra strength, evolved skin, or heightened senses I omitted Iron Fist, because he's annoying, and I have no interest in him. Ooooooo dragons and chi and stuff; you lost me at dragons; that's the comic book stuff I'm not into at all.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I'm 3 eps in, and so far, so good.

I think I like this set of intertwined series of Marvel because it's not somebody from another planet who has X-Ray vision or can shoot webs out of his wrist, or has some magic hammer that crushes everything, etc.

The characters simply have extra strength, evolved skin, or heightened senses I omitted Iron Fist, because he's annoying, and I have no interest in him. Ooooooo dragons and chi and stuff; you lost me at dragons; that's the comic book stuff I'm not into at all.
    Yea, being more grounded compared to the Marvel movies was an original goal of the NETFLIX series. They accomplished that goal 100%, despite wavering with Iron Fist, Defenders, and parts of Daredevil during S2 (this was all Defenders setup, so you already know about some of the elements in play). Both seasons of PUNISHER accomplish this with ZERO superpowers involved as well.

It really does suck that NETFLIX gave Disney the finger with these properties as there is a ton that could have been built going forward with what DareDevil laid out. I'll go as far to say that Wilson Fisk is the best villain in all of Marvel to date. He's well developed, you can see his perspective, and he's an actual human being (both emotionally and literally). Vincent D'Onofrio was handed this role and marched all the way to the end zone with it...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Yea, being more grounded compared to the Marvel movies was an original goal of the NETFLIX series. They accomplished that goal 100%, despite wavering with Iron Fist, Defenders, and parts of Daredevil during S2 (this was all Defenders setup, so you already know about some of the elements in play). Both seasons of PUNISHER accomplish this with ZERO superpowers involved as well.

It really does suck that NETFLIX gave Disney the finger with these properties as there is a ton that could have been built going forward with what DareDevil laid out. I'll go as far to say that Wilson Fisk is the best villain in all of Marvel to date. He's well developed, you can see his perspective, and he's an actual human being (both emotionally and literally). Vincent D'Onofrio was handed this role and marched all the way to the end zone with it...
    Agreed. I started with JJ, then Defenders (b/c JJ), then delved into Cage (since I think he'll still appear in JJ) and then DD, because he seemed interesting enough. Re-watched Defenders, and the one thing I hate about comic book stuff popped up (the Misty alternate cause of her result). Keep it consistent between all the stories. Drives me nuts.

He fixes the cable?

Screw em all. The Punisher is where it's at.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Why would Netflix cater to Disney when Disney is about to give them the finger when they start their streaming service? Disney is pulling everything off the second it drops so Netflix has no reason to keep he shows going. It isnt like Netflix makes money on them. Disney could continue to make them they are choosing not to. You want someone to blame blame Disney.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information