Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: One Person's Trash...

Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

GLOW S3, Ep 5: I was in tears laughing so hard.
    S3, Ep 6: Whoa, got a bit dark, but made for solid tv.
    I think this show SHOULD be done after this season, it doesn't know what to make of itself right now, but it's good watching. I hope it ends before it gets stale.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Looking forward to starting GLOW S3.

The Rook has been fantastic through 6 episodes - waiting to start #7.

The Terror S2 is out. Hoping they don't have another season that is nearly perfect only to have one of most inexplicable endings of any series I can recall. S2 is like TD or AHS in that it's completely unrelated to S1.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Looking forward to starting GLOW S3.

The Rook has been fantastic through 6 episodes - waiting to start #7.

The Terror S2 is out. Hoping they don't have another season that is nearly perfect only to have one of most inexplicable endings of any series I can recall. S2 is like TD or AHS in that it's completely unrelated to S1.
    Just finished GLOW S3. They might be able to squeeze one more season out of it, but it better be good. It's gonna take some really talented writing if they're gonna try. I almost hope they don't, as S3 ended on a good note with all the characters' storylines.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Just finished GLOW S3. They might be able to squeeze one more season out of it, but it better be good. It's gonna take some really talented writing if they're gonna try. I almost hope they don't, as S3 ended on a good note with all the characters' storylines.
    The real thing only lasted a few years. I haven't seen anything more than the trailer on Netflix, but I think they're running up against the end of the actual GLOW's lifespan already.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    The real thing only lasted a few years. I haven't seen anything more than the trailer on Netflix, but I think they're running up against the end of the actual GLOW's lifespan already.
    S3 went mainly into the fiction category, the characters developed nicely. It was more about them from a personal aspect than what really happened back then, hence my opinion on another season.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Korea lasted 3 years MASH lasted 11.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Really enjoyed the NBC show The Inbetween this summer. Yeah, it was your typical hour long police drama on network TV, but it had an interesting premise (seeing the dead) and the story was interesting and the lead actress was great. I hope it comes back next summer with a new season. There was a small cliffhanger at the end, but the main story for the season was completed which was nice in case it doesn't make it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

I dont have netflix, but im interested in the new Dark Crystal series thats coming in a week.

I know we are WAY late in finding it, by my wife and I started watching "Dexter" recently. Into Season 3 (Jimmy Smits) . Really enjoying it.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    I know we are WAY late in finding it, by my wife and I started watching "Dexter" recently. Into Season 3 (Jimmy Smits) . Really enjoying it.
    It's a fantastic show until the last episode of Season 5 (IMO). After which I bailed. Season 5 may have been my favorite up until then. Then it became my least. You may last longer than that.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's a fantastic show until the last episode of Season 5 (IMO). After which I bailed. Season 5 may have been my favorite up until then. Then it became my least. You may last longer than that.
    I thought the last couple seasons were good, but nowhere near as good as 1-5.

Series finale is still the worst I've ever seen.

Started watching the second Terror series, this one about Japanese-Americans in 1941. It is very creepy with more body horror than the first one. The characterization and psychological aspects I really love but the gore I have to turn away from. Sulu's in it.

The first one was about arctic explorers having A Suboptimal Time. It was a wonderful set up with outstanding acting but it went nowhere unfortunately -- I didn't even finish it.

These are anthologized miniseries. Stylized and "arty." Emphasis on menace rather than action. Handy would hate them.
    Last edited by Kepler; 08-16-2019 at 06:00 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Started watching the second Terror series, this one about Japanese-Americans in 1941. It is very creepy with more body horror than the first one. The characterization and psychological aspects I really love but the gore I have to turn away from. Sulu's in it.

The first one was about arctic explorers having A Suboptimal Time. It was a wonderful set up with outstanding acting but it went nowhere unfortunately -- I didn't even finish it.

These are anthologized miniseries. Stylized and "arty." Emphasis on menace rather than action. Handy would hate them.
    Didn't George's family get sent to a concentrationrelocation camp?

Fear (combined, in this case, with bigotry) makes people do awful things.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Fear (combined, in this case, with bigotry) makes people do awful things.
    Irony level: plaid

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Elementary ended it's run last night. Had a very nice ending to the show. And proved that one more season would have been warranted but they wrapped it all up in one episode instead. Great series IMO. Put it on par with Gotham, and Person of Interest as shows in the last few years that have been on Network TV and still been good.

Abduction of Madelien McCann:
    Interesting so far, just watched 2 eps. Pro-tip: DON'T LEAVE YOUR DOOR UNLOCKED, no matter where you are.

And just saw S2 of Mindhunter dropped. My next week or two is set for show-viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post

I loved the series and I thought it did go somewhere but the finale was atrocious. Just a hot mess of "w t f?" and it ruined the experience. I will however give S2 a try because they got so much of it right the first time.

I also highly recommend The Rook if you didn't read the book. It's from Starz about a woman that is a pawn in a clandestine British secret service tasked with tracking, training and exploiting people known as EVAs (Extreme Variant Abilities). It generally has good approval ratings except from those that read the book.

[edit] S2 of Mindhunter? Yes please!

[edit] Sorry Rube but I won't be watching that one about Madeleine.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-17-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Lucia Apologist

A Black Lady Sketch show is ****ing hilarious.

And I know Iím only getting like a quarter of the great jokes.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-17-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Wanda Sykes on John Oliver tonight, with Larry David. Iím laughing so hard although itís a sad subject

https://whatslarrysproblem.com/

Anyone else watch The Righteous Gemstones premiere on HBO last night?

I would describe the opener as "ok." Obviously the premise is hilarious, but I suspect it'll take awhile for the series to settle in. If all the episodes end up like last nights, it'll be a waste of time. I just think there is too much talent involved for that to happen.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Thread Information