• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Netflix lands 'Seinfeld'
    HBO Max gets the 'Big Bang Theory'
    NBC Universal planning an Office reboot
    I mean BBT was made by WB so it going to HBO Max is like a Disney film going to Disney+

NBC has zero idea what they are doing...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Another reboot! This time on NBC/Universal. And the winner is...."Battlestar Galactica"! Come on down! You're the next contestant on "We'll reboot anything because we're out of original ideas"

This iteration will be an untold story from the 2003 Sci-Fi Channel series. They pretty much covered all the angles in the original series and the movies. I don't know what else there is to mine, but...something! Content! Nostalgia!

Comment

That's disappointing. There's no real way to improve upon the concept. Are they keeping it within that same universe, or will this be a complete restart?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          A reboot of an adaptation?
          Good lord. This is peak network TV.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            That's disappointing. There's no real way to improve upon the concept. Are they keeping it within that same universe, or will this be a complete restart?
            They left a million directions to go with the reboot. It's a full universe -- you could do 20 different series and not exhaust the ideas.

Along with Legion and West World these are the Holy Trinity of sophisticated metaphysical TV shows. There's more of substance about Being in BG than in all of Aquinas.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              They left a million directions to go with the reboot. It's a full universe -- you could do 20 different series and not exhaust the ideas.
              It's sci-fi:

Jeff Megall: [in his office] Sony has a futuristic sci-fi movie they're looking to make.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?

Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.

Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?

Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                It's sci-fi:

Jeff Megall: [in his office] Sony has a futuristic sci-fi movie they're looking to make.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?

Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.

Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?

Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
                The geegaws are tech, not science.

The science is interesting but it's still tinkertoys compared with the ontology.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Executive producer Sam Esmail (Mr Robot, Homecoming) tweeted: BSG fans, this will NOT be a remake of the amazing series @RonDMoore launched because... why mess with perfection? Instead, we’ll explore a new story within the mythology while staying true to the spirit of Battlestar. So say we all!

Other details are scant. Also, the NBC/Universal streaming network will be called (try not to laugh) Peacock. OK, go ahead and laugh.

Comment

Mr. Robot is fantastic. I will trust Esmail until he f-cks us.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      Not that I plan to watch (didn't watch the original but am familiar enough to know this character was a student) but it seems odd unless he makes brief cameos that a Governor would have lasting tie-ins to a high school.

Comment

Mayans MC:

Continues to be very excellent. The blending of the worlds is much more smoother than SOA, and frankly, that's the way it really is, given the MEX/US relationship. A LOT more gray area. Still getting little nuggets/Easter Eggs relating to SOA, stuff that is not essential, but gives the SOA fans a little nod of appreciation.

The thing I thought would happen, has been put in motion already, figured there were going to be some more mechanics behind it, but *shrug*.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Fargo Season 4 sounds awesome:

Created, written, directed and executive produced by Noah Hawley, who also serves as showrunner, Season 4 is set in 1950 in Kansas City, MO. The locale serves as the crossroads and collisions of two migrations — Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, and African Americans who left the south in great numbers to escape Jim Crow, both fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, two criminal syndicates — one Italian, led by Donatello Fadda, one African American, led by Loy Cannon (Rock) — have struck an uneasy peace, which the heads of both families have cemented by trading their youngest sons.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Jesus, the special ABC is airing on the last days of Phil Hartman is a roller coaster of emotion.

Also, has anyone watched Chelsea Handler's new documentary "Hello Privilege. It's Me, Chelsea" on Netflix? (Maybe this is better suited for the Movies thread?) I haven't watched it yet, but it seems like an interesting take, because instead of just asking minorities about white privilege, she spins the conversation onto various whites about what white privilege means to them. It seems like it's a subject that definitely cannot be summed up neatly in 60 minutes, but hopefully will spurn further dialogue.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Jesus, the special ABC is airing on the last days of Phil Hartman is a roller coaster of emotion.

Also, has anyone watched Chelsea Handler's new documentary "Hello Privilege. It's Me, Chelsea" on Netflix? (Maybe this is better suited for the Movies thread?) I haven't watched it yet, but it seems like an interesting take, because instead of just asking minorities about white privilege, she spins the conversation onto various whites about what white privilege means to them. It seems like it's a subject that definitely cannot be summed up neatly in 60 minutes, but hopefully will spurn further dialogue.
                              Subjects like that can NEVER be summed up in 60 minutes. But the "spurn further dialogue" is the main goal. Always.

Comment

Phil Hartman

Comment

Working...
                                X