This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumptown was pretty good.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

I'm through E2 of S4 of Peaky Blinders. Cillian Murphy as the next Bond! (I really want Jude Law but CM would kill it).

Or maybe Tom Hiddleston?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I'm through E2 of S4 of Peaky Blinders. Cillian Murphy as the next Bond! (I really want Jude Law but CM would kill it).

Or maybe Tom Hiddleston?
        CM is so underrated. He's been basically typecast as "the creepy guy," and he's more than that, when given the chance.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Anyone else tried out any of the new "Network" shows, or is it all a cable crowd here?

I liked Emergence, and Stumptown. Bluff City Law was ok. I have Evil and All Rise on DVR.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I tried Sunnyside and was not impressed. The ensemble cast was so over the top cliched that I am not sure it's something I could tolerate for very long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              S2 is great too.
              Can’t wait to dig into season 2 but wifey wants to wait for the free stream👿
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Oh my god. This Paul Krugman bit on Colbert is AMAZING
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Oh my god. This Paul Krugman bit on Colbert is AMAZING
                  Half of the kids I grew up with had Bootsie as a mother. (The other half had Catherine Hepburn.)

What a fantastic segment.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Playing catch-up on ducktales. Finally got to the Christmas episode.

As soon as young Donald started talking, I immediately knew it was the lady who did the voices from the original show. So cool.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Half of the kids I grew up with had Bootsie as a mother. (The other half had Catherine Hepburn.)

What a fantastic segment.
                      It was amazing.

I would pay to have my mom do a segment like that. She’d be almost as good. Less outlandish, but tons of hilarious quips. my dad would be so boring. He’d have a serious conversation and probably end up calling Krugman a moron. 😂
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Cillian Murphy as the next Bond!
                        Welp, him being Irish would get us closest to the book origins of being Scottish. I haven't seen Peaky Blinders, but Barbara Broccoli was persuaded to get Craig by his performance in Layer Cake.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Scottish, hmmmm. Lots of options. Really go outside the box and pick Tennant. A guy that was the Doctor AND Bond? Fun!

the state of hockey is good

Comment

I don't know if Tennant could fit the "action movie guy" role they've made James Bond. Boy would that be an amazing pick though!

[snip]
                            Rest of this post moved to the Movies thread
                            [/snip]
                            Last edited by aparch; 09-28-2019, 12:32 PM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Playing catch-up on ducktales. Finally got to the Christmas episode.

As soon as young Donald started talking, I immediately knew it was the lady who did the voices from the original show. So cool.
                              Yeah, that entire episode is wonderful. Especially Russi Taylor doing emo Donald.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

For all of Maher's faults, his interview of Salman Rushdie is an example of him at the top of his game. Even keeled, prepared, smart and articulate. It doesn't hurt that he clearly respects and admires Rushdie, but that was fun to watch.

I agree - Barney stfu

"gang bangers"
                                Last edited by Slap Shot; 09-29-2019, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X