Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVII: It Never Gets Old!

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    According to the BC radio guys the replay system was not working so the ref could not review the play. Not sure if that is accurate.
    TV said same. BC review, seemed to be working
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
      Oh boy...Primeau down
      Maybe its because I dont go to a Beanpot school, so I dont fully appreciate the allure of the tourney, but I was thinking that they should have taken Primeau out. NU is still kind of in the thick of the conference race, and Primeau is obviously a critical part of the team. Ruck is no slouch, and they've been outplaying the Eagles so far, so I personally would have erred on the side of caution. The rest of the season is more important than the single game. Although, if he's staying in it couldn't be too bad, but it looked kind of nasty. But, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        Maybe its because I dont go to a Beanpot school, so I dont fully appreciate the allure of the tourney, but I was thinking that they should have taken Primeau out. NU is still kind of in the thick of the conference race, and Primeau is obviously a critical part of the team. Ruck is no slouch, and they've been outplaying the Eagles so far, so I personally would have erred on the side of caution. The rest of the season is more important than the single game. Although, if he's staying in it couldn't be too bad, but it looked kind of nasty. But, just my opinion.
        Well, no matter what happens the rest of the season, if you win the Beanpot, your season is a success. Also, the four schools use this for recruiting. So resting Primeau for the rest of the seaon isn't going to fly.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Well, no matter what happens the rest of the season, if you win the Beanpot, your season is a success. Also, the four schools use this for recruiting. So resting Primeau for the rest of the seaon isn't going to fly.
          Oh I dont think Primeau should rest for the year, I was thinking just for the game to make sure he's alright and to limit the risk of re-injury.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            Oh I dont think Primeau should rest for the year, I was thinking just for the game to make sure he's alright and to limit the risk of re-injury.
            Meant 'resting him remainder of this game to be better for the rest of the season' My phrasing def sucked. Sorry about that.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Meant 'resting him remainder of this game to be better for the rest of the season' My phrasing def sucked. Sorry about that.
              Regardless, I think my hot take is being proven wrong before our eyes

Comment

• much like the Patriots.. never thought this yr's NU team was going to make any noise.

BC showed that talent can turn it on, ..on a dime.. unfortunately (fortunately for us) you have to turn it on for all 3 periods & not just one.

NU had a strong 2nd period & enough scoring in the 1st & 3rd to get this through to the finish line.

Well.. its our hardware again. We dont need to return it just yet. This squad earned it all over.
                Another new banner at Matthews, another yr with the rafters at the Garden.. yup, we'll take it.

Great atmosphere tonight (though nerve racking at the end!.. ha, its NU & the 'Pot, way it goes)
                Go NU
                Go Huskies
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The good guys win again. The fact is this BC likely has more talent top to bottom, but NU has a better goalie and plays better grinding and smart hockey! NU played 45 minutes of better hockey than the 15 minutes BC played better and that's the ball game. The pot is back on Huntington Ave for the 2nd time in the same decade since the 1980's! Whoo Hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1
                    According to the BC radio guys the replay system was not working so the ref could not review the play. Not sure if that is accurate.
                    In an interview on NESN after the first period, Jerry York said the on-ice replay wasn't working, but it sounded like there was still a review where the guys upstairs discussed what they were seeing with the refs on ice who made the final call.
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Easy there Rossi, Woll has pretty clearly outplayed Primeau in league play this year.

Comment

Having seen both NU and BC I strongly disagree that BC has more talented skaters top to bottom.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Easy there Rossi, Woll has pretty clearly outplayed Primeau in league play this year.
                          ..given BC's out of league record last couple yrs.. he'd better have.. to hold his job
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Having seen both NU and BC I strongly disagree that BC has more talented skaters top to bottom.
                            First meeting between the two tonight. Seemed pretty even to me but certainly not a huge edge for BC.

Comment

Attendance 15.015

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Attendance 15.015
                                Yes, this was the worst announced 2 day total attendance for the Beanpot since at least 1985. I created a spreadsheet showing yearly attendance since then if anyone cares. I have also noted every time either round of the Beanpot has been played after the Superbowl (this year was the 20th time; 18 semifinals and 2 finals) and it doesn't appear that the Superbowl played a factor the first 14 times, so I don't think it has been much of a factor the past 6 times.

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X