This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I dunno...maybe having ANY political experience.
    And here that says enough after you
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

Yeah I want my high level politicians to have political experience...such off the wall thinking!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah I want my high level politicians to have political experience...such off the wall thinking!
        having someone who spends 97% of their time raising money for reelection running the free world may be a symptom and not a cure

Comment

I wouldnt. If Oprah was on the ticket I would move. Not joking. When it was floated a few months back I walked up to my gf and said "I know I said I would never move abroad with you but if Oprah wins the Dem nom I am in." I wasnt kidding then and I am not now. That will be the beginning of the end of "The Great Experiment". We cannot continue down this path of letting the unqualified be the leader. You do not combat stupid with more stupid. If Oprah wants to get into politics fine...let her run for lower office or if the Dems win let her work in the WH in some capacity and learn the ropes for 8 years. If she becomes the Dem standard bearer because she had a TV show for 3 decades and is worth billions makes the Dems no better than the GOP. Selling out is selling out no matter who you are and it is never ok when the fate of the country is at stake.

I get your point but this needs to be a 1 and done.
          100% agree. I think I said the same thing. "The experiment would be over"
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            having someone who spends 97% of their time raising money for reelection running the free world may be a symptom and not a cure
            Mike Tomlin for President!!!
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think we are better off if we (as in the various groups) are "disappointed" because that means there were probably quite a few good candidates. The problem with 2016 was it was either/or. You were either Pro Bernie or Pro Hillary and it really split things up.

The person who wins this, if it is done the right way wont be loved by everyone but will be SUPPORTED by them because they won it not because they happened to be next in line. Victories inspire (see: WJC and BHO) Heir Apparents retire. (see: Al Gore, John Kerry, Bob Dole, Hillary Clinton)
              I think this is right. I've seen a number of Kossites who were deep in the infighting in 2016 promising not to do it again, and I've seen plenty of people who think a large field that gradually narrows will get us used to horse trading and discourage us from going nuclear against each other.

At the same time, agents provocateur, both Republican and Russian (same thing), will be trying to get us at each other's throats, so it's going to take a lot of self-discipline.

VOTE BLUE, NO MATTER WHO
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Reading back, no one is a saint. What lessons have they learned from it? We've all done stupid crap.

Frankly, Clinton should have said, "Yeah, I did inhale. I was a college kid who was finding out about the world, and I learned that a) it's not for me and b) it's illegal. Haven't done it since. Learned my lesson." For example (yes, that was an easy example).

Own up to past youthful indiscretions. Heck, RELY on them to show that you have matured and changed your ways. That is VERY relatable to the average American. Many of us could find an example and say "Yeah, I remember doing that, that was stupid. Didn't do that again, and now I'm a better person for it."
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Mike Tomlin for President!!!
                  He doesn't meet the 5 for 5 requirement

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Reading back, no one is a saint. What lessons have they learned from it? We've all done stupid crap.

Frankly, Clinton should have said, "Yeah, I did inhale. I was a college kid who was finding out about the world, and I learned that a) it's not for me and b) it's illegal. Haven't done it since. Learned my lesson." For example (yes, that was an easy example).

Own up to past youthful indiscretions. Heck, RELY on them to show that you have matured and changed your ways. That is VERY relatable to the average American. Many of us could find an example and say "Yeah, I remember doing that, that was stupid. Didn't do that again, and now I'm a better person for it."
                    "Yah, I banged and blew a 60yr dude, twice my age, to advance my career. I'd gladly do it again. I like cawk"

Kamela for Pres

(Yes this would be awesome!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      "Yah, I banged and blew a 60yr dude, twice my age, to advance my career. I'd gladly do it again. I like cawk"

Kamela for Pres

(Yes this would be awesome!!!)
                      She could spin it: "I was young and naive and trusted those people who have been in this a lot longer than I have. I'm a victim." It's been done before.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

She could spin it: "I was young and naive and trusted those people who have been in this a lot longer than I have. I'm a victim." It's been done before.
                        then she ain't gonna be commander in chief!!!

that spin sounds like rape or assault.

gotta own it. used her good to advance her career. enjoys it too.
                        it would be spectacular!!!

Comment

#metoo
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...her-wealth-tax

Anyone favoring radical redistribution, Bloomberg said according to Dave Weigel of the Washington Post, should look south for an example to avoid: “It’s called Venezuela.”
                            Thanks, Venezuela.

Meanwhile the tax cuts given out by the Republicans are never vilified to this degree. Never.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Maybe dont read second rate rags like the Examiner...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The 0.01% is frightened.

Nobody under 40 was even alive the last time we had a legitimate Left in this country. The second anybody even mentions real progressive taxation the billionaire snowflakes have kittens.

Good. Stay on target. This country does not exist as their playground.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X