Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

Kicizapi Cetan

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Yes, my bad. That guy.
    I was going to say you must mean this guy:
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/personality/pat-kessler/
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I'd vote for Oprah over Dump.

I'd vote for Flaggy over Dump.

I'm not joking.
    But would you vote for Frank and Ed? I'm sure they'd say ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Loser Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I think I wasnít very clear on my original post. Itís not that we should ignore this; we shouldnít. I just meant that for Republicans they just donít care if their person is dirty, they just care that they owned the libs. They almost elected a goddam pedophile. A PEDOPHILE

Iím not saying the Dems should nominate someone like Harris who received a dick-pro-quo. Iím saying the Dems need to make it as potent a weapon for the ďindependentsĒ with brains as the Republicans have done with Dems who are dirty.

When youíre coming from the high ground and actually care about corruption, you have to be clean yourself.
    No you dont. The thing the Dems never got, and still dont, is that to the voters none of that matters. Republicans are the king of the "Do As I Say Not As I Do" especially on stuff like this. Christ their standard bearer for years was Newt Gingrich who decried Clinton for a BJ but did way worse to his wives. To this day he would win if he ran for Rep again. The voters dont give a crap and they never have. To the average rube (on either side) it isnt about that stuff it is about whether that person can help me.

If the Left wants to get serious they (both the party and the voters) need to start realizing that no one can stand up to the standard they put forth. To get ahead in politics it is almost impossible to stay clean. People are flawed, they are going to do stupid crap. To move up the ranks quid pro quo happens, and it happens way more than we will ever know about. (especially for women) If they are going to discount everyone who has "something" they are going to lose and lose bad in 2020. The voters dont want or need some Messiah, they need someone they can relate to who can explain to them how their lot in life can be improved.

If the Left spends the next 12 months digging up all the skeletons in the closet of whoever is going to run they have zero chance. None. The Saints will have a better chance getting the NFL to put them in the Super Bowl instead of the Rams than the Dems will have of winning. The voters dont want a perfect candidate, they want a REAL candidate.

FWIW I am not that big of a backer of Harris though I think she would be an awesome candidate and would embarrass Trump at every debate and out duel him in the Press in much the same way Pelosi does. But what has come out against her doesnt much make me think she shouldnt be the candidate. Will it lead to derision...sure. So what? Own it. Voters respond favorably to that. It is why, to this day, I still say Franken should be asked to run. Unlike almost anyone he actually took responsibility for what he was accused of (even though nothing has ever proven to be what it was made out to be) and stepped down. If he ran against the living embodiment of "I Never Take Responsibility For My Actions" it could be the epic showdown of this era. Even putting aside his comebacks to Trump would legendary, the truth is his record in the Senate is above reproach anyways plus he like Trump is a celebrity. It wont happen and honestly cant happen but I can dream.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Kicizapi Cetan

Will Kamala Harris be damaged by the admissions by former SFO Mayor Brown over the weekend?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/2695143002/

A 1994 Los Angeles Times report about then-California Assembly Speaker Brown's "rush to hand out patronage jobs" described Harris as Brown's "frequent companion" and said several people referred to her as Brown's girlfriend. That report also cited a column from the Chronicle's Herb Caen that called Harris "the Speaker's new steady." When they met, she was 29 and Brown was 60.
    Not a great look as to how you got your career going.

North Dakota Hockey:

I really liked Harris. Too bad. Oh, well, I know I'm not going to be happy with the winner and I'll be voting for a candidate I never thought of supporting.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Oh, well, I know I'm not going to be happy with the winner and I'll be voting for a candidate I never thought of supporting.
    That's the spirit!

Srsly, dude, there are about a dozen fine candidates on the Dem side. Our nominee will be solid. You don't have to worry about wanting to commit suicide on Election Day unless you're really committed to that look.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Itís not as good of a look to getting your career going as being handed money by daddy and then stiffing everyone around you, I admit that.

Loser Teacher

I'd vote for Oprah over Dump.

I'd vote for Flaggy over Dump.

I'm not joking.
    I wouldnt. If Oprah was on the ticket I would move. Not joking. When it was floated a few months back I walked up to my gf and said "I know I said I would never move abroad with you but if Oprah wins the Dem nom I am in." I wasnt kidding then and I am not now. That will be the beginning of the end of "The Great Experiment". We cannot continue down this path of letting the unqualified be the leader. You do not combat stupid with more stupid. If Oprah wants to get into politics fine...let her run for lower office or if the Dems win let her work in the WH in some capacity and learn the ropes for 8 years. If she becomes the Dem standard bearer because she had a TV show for 3 decades and is worth billions makes the Dems no better than the GOP. Selling out is selling out no matter who you are and it is never ok when the fate of the country is at stake.

I get your point but this needs to be a 1 and done.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Loser Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Will Kamala Harris be damaged by the admissions by former SFO Mayor Brown over the weekend?

You know...if you actually go back and read what other people post you will see that we have been discussing this already.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I wouldnt. If Oprah was on the ticket I would move. Not joking. When it was floated a few months back I walked up to my gf and said "I know I said I would never move abroad with you but if Oprah wins the Dem nom I am in." I wasnt kidding then and I am not now. That will be the beginning of the end of "The Great Experiment". We cannot continue down this path of letting the unqualified be the leader. You do not combat stupid with more stupid. If Oprah wants to get into politics fine...let her run for lower office or if the Dems win let her work in the WH in some capacity and learn the ropes for 8 years. If she becomes the Dem standard bearer because she had a TV show for 3 decades and is worth billions makes the Dems no better than the GOP. Selling out is selling out no matter who you are and it is never ok when the fate of the country is at stake.

More power to you if you can pull it off. If I were 20 again I'd be gone now.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

With Kamala I don't care about how she got her appointments nearly as much as what she did with them. Some of the stuff she pulled as a prosecutor was very shady, she tried to criminalize truancy with jail time (which affects minorities far more), she was against more progressive policies to knock down low level felonies to misdemeanors and other measures that would reduce the prison population because that'd mean less of the "much needed labor", was against the legalization of pot, fought against police body cams, she fought tooth and nail to uphold convictions even when compelling evidence emerged that put the conviction highly in doubt, fought to keep the death penalty, supported lengthy solitary confinement, worked to keep trans women in men's jails, and the whole thing where she failed to at least enact a civil suit against Steve Mnuchin's bank illegally foreclosing people's homes.

If she wins I'll support her because we all know what the alternative is but the main evidence that she's progressive is that she decided to support some progressive initiatives like medicare for all once the various polls showed how popular it is.

Kicizapi Cetan

You know...if you actually go back and read what other people post you will see that we have been discussing this already.
    I rolled the four pages of this thread.

North Dakota Hockey:

Loser Teacher

That's the spirit!

Srsly, dude, there are about a dozen fine candidates on the Dem side. Our nominee will be solid. You don't have to worry about wanting to commit suicide on Election Day unless you're really committed to that look.
    He did the same thing with Clinton, Scooby isnt the problem.

I think we are better off if we (as in the various groups) are "disappointed" because that means there were probably quite a few good candidates. The problem with 2016 was it was either/or. You were either Pro Bernie or Pro Hillary and it really split things up. The GOP had a clown car of candidates representing all the various parts of the coalition and as Trump dispatched them they learned to live with it. It is one thing to beat one person, but as you rack up 5, 6, 7 wins in a row it starts to look more impressive even to those who hate you. Sooner or later you cant argue against it even if you hate it. (see: New England Patriots, NY Yankees in various decades, Alabama...etc)

The person who wins this, if it is done the right way wont be loved by everyone but will be SUPPORTED by them because they won it not because they happened to be next in line. Victories inspire (see: WJC and BHO) Heir Apparents retire. (see: Al Gore, John Kerry, Bob Dole, Hillary Clinton)
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Loser Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    More power to you if you can pull it off. If I were 20 again I'd be gone now.
    Now I am fine...I am a white male

I dont have a life that I cant leave if I can find a job somewhere else. It would be tough for a bit but yeah. I dont WANT to move...but I am not so stupid as to not move if I can avoid dealing with the fallout of what would happen. Hell I agree with Oprah's stances almost to a T, but she would be a disaster and so would Starbucks guy.

As kids we were told that "Anyone can be President" and that was why America was great! Trump is proving why that is great to say but not to do. Even if he was competent and not a complete scumbag he would be failing on a major scale. To succeed in politics you cant just be some rich guy with zero experience. The American Political Theater is not a business and you cant run it as such. You need to have clout and political capital, you need to have relationships and strings. You need to know where the bodies are buried and you need to know how to finesse people publicly so they will support you privately. This is why Trump cant get most of his agenda through Congress even when he had both Houses. Even fellow GOPers have things they need and they cant get that if he is asking for full 100% support and zero compromise. It is one thing for the GOP to say they wont compromise in the press but behind closed doors they are always making deals. Even if he didnt change his mind every 12 seconds he would still be failing because while demanding you get all of what you ask may work as CEO it has 0% chance of working in politics. The proof is in the pudding, his blowing up of the bill to not shut the Govt down (and Ryan capitulating on his way out the door) tanked his numbers despite the economy being in a good spot. Meanwhile Pelosi, who isnt exactly beloved by the people, is riding high destroying him in public and behind the scenes, because she knows how to play the game.

For as bad as the average politician is, we need them to be the ones playing the game.
    Last edited by Handyman; 01-28-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post

You mean the thing that was brought up a day earlier and we were all discussing?

You sound so concerned bringing it up yourself.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    I dunno...maybe having ANY political experience.
    And here that says enough after you

Loser Teacher

Yeah I want my high level politicians to have political experience...such off the wall thinking!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

there's a good buck in that racket.

Yeah I want my high level politicians to have political experience...such off the wall thinking!
    having someone who spends 97% of their time raising money for reelection running the free world may be a symptom and not a cure
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Lucia Apologist

100% agree. I think I said the same thing. "The experiment would be over"
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    having someone who spends 97% of their time raising money for reelection running the free world may be a symptom and not a cure
    Mike Tomlin for President!!!
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Thread Information