X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Sources close to Biden say he's a go. He and Harris would still be the favorites over Bernie.

If there's been a stronger message than "NO MORE OLDS!!!!" coming from the non-Dump portion of this nation I don't know what it is.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think the average person just dies or becomes a ward of the state at that age.

I’m pretty sure your assumption is right. They are just ignorant about their ignorance. And just to continue the metaphor, these aren’t bullets they’re dodging, they’re mortars. Absolute financial ruin. The only reason we care about it is because we have money to care about. When you have nothing, who cares if you lose it all?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Then I start deciding on assisted living care for my Mom and my f-cking head pops off.
        Worst task in the world on about a hundred different levels.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          They are just ignorant about their ignorance. ... When you have nothing, who cares if you lose it all?
          You don't know what you don't know. And yeah, have nothing lose nothing.

After my mom had to go to memory care I immediately went to my financial guy and put a long-term care insurance policy on me in play with my overall fiscal/retirement strategy.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Worst task in the world on about a hundred different levels.
            Yes. It is. Everything about it is suicide-level horrible.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Does that include all of the supplemental plans? Because as someone with parents on Medicare, it's the not the panacea it's so often thought of. It's almost nightmarish in what they have to consider.
              From some standpoints medicare is far above easier to deal with than many (most) private insurances. For the most part, I am happier when my patients have medicare than private insurance.

Some trends I notice day to day are:
              1. Medicare patients get approved for rehab/skilled nursing much quicker and do not need something called "precertification" which is a fancy term that private insurance uses to make people wait in the hospital 3-4 days extra, make the team jump through hoops, and increase the risk of the patient having a complication keeping them in the hospital/the patient saying **** it and just going home against the team's recommendation. With bundled payments, the insurance company pays our hospital the same amount regardless of how many days they stay.

2. Pre-authorization for medications happens far less with medicare than with prior insurance. That usually is 30 minutes-1 hour of me sitting on the phone, talking with someone without a medical education about a medication and patient they know nothing about. Medicare for the most part reimburses less but I can see more patients if it cuts out some of the crap.

What was interesting is last week I actually had to do a preauth for a medicaid patient because I wrote for the generic but medicaid only covered the brand name because they had a discount. It only took me 2 hours and 6 phone calls to get someone to tell me why they are denying the medication instead of a 2 second pharmacy phone call.
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Sources close to Biden say he's a go. He and Harris would still be the favorites over Bernie.
                By like 1% if at all lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Good luck teaching multivariable calc to the average senior in high school lmao.
                  why are you talking about the average?

just say "i'm wrong mookie. this is a great idea" and be over it
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    It could work but it needs to jiggered before we roll it out for the masses.
                    step one to nationalize the "insurance" industry

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      But whatever we propose it needs to be all inclusive...
                      inclusive as in "all people inclusive". if folks are allowed to wiggle then those 'high cost' participants have their funding cost skyrocket. just like auto has low rates for safe driver and high rates for riskier types.

how does a universal health coverage plan weigh that?

old people who spend more to stay alive have less to pay in. young people who may be healthy may have lifestyle activities that increase risk. pre-existing conditioners have their own issues.

gotta be all inclusive, but for population. also need to streamline and remove the bulk of individual plans via work. 1% can fund and use their own private hospitals if needed, but a wide, wide majority have to use "the system" and have it handle demand capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        If there's been a stronger message than "NO MORE OLDS!!!!" coming from the non-Dump portion of this nation I don't know what it is.
                        is that the same message that got nancy back in as speaker?
                        kep may be picking up conflicting wavelengths on the tinfoil hat kep wears

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I think the average person just dies or becomes a ward of the state at that age.

I’m pretty sure your assumption is right. They are just ignorant about their ignorance. And just to continue the metaphor, these aren’t bullets they’re dodging, they’re mortars. Absolute financial ruin. The only reason we care about it is because we have money to care about. When you have nothing, who cares if you lose it all?
                          this whole system was set up to handle folks for a couple years max.
                          with improvements in health care you have an industry that is keeping its own customers alive longer... with no new revenue streams.

no wonder it is going broke

(same for socsec. was not designed to pay for 20+ yrs of retirement)

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The Dems cant play the GOP's game and if they try it will blow up in their face. (as you know) Right now they need to play the part of the "sensible parent" to Trump's whiny child. Forget about saving the Deplorables, let the Trumpers sit on it and twirl. It is Al Davis time just win baby!
                            This is why I like Amy K right now. Extremism to fight extremism won't solve anything.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              This is why I like Amy K right now. Extremism to fight extremism won't solve anything.
                              Yeah, it's real extreme to fix infrastructure, educate your workforce, and take care of people medically. ****ing radical.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Yeah, it's real extreme to fix infrastructure, educate your workforce, and take care of people medically. ****ing radical.
                                Amazing, isn’t it.

Comment

Working...
                                X