X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Harris has different problems right now; Stanford Professor Dad ain't happy with her.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ka...sty-2019-02-20
    The Jamaican part seemed like some really hacky attempt at a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Harris has different problems right now; Stanford Professor Dad ain't happy with her.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ka...sty-2019-02-20
      Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        That's the way I see it also. Massive change doesn't happen. That radical Obama just about blew up the government by passing health care. He was right, but more extreme and a larger number of ideas won't get done.

Regardless administrations typically look different than what candidates run on (yeah Trump is still crazy...but many suspected he was a pocket liberal and he is a right wing nazi). And what matters is having the greatest odds of winning the white house and that runs through the midwest. Not sure if Amy's chances are tops of winning the midwest but whoever can win MI, PA and WI is the candidate (and that's probably based on moderation).
        Massive change doesn't happen?

Reagan, W, and Trump have all ruled over massive change. Try again.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Who cares?
          Her dad the professor.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            The Jamaican part seemed like some really hacky attempt at a joke.
            Pass the ...
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Massive change doesn't happen.
              If not now, when? If not us, who?

We aren't recommending radical change. We are recommending the end of the radical experiment of the last 38 years. Milton Friedman was wrong. He had a theory and all the other economists said "if you do that you just hollow out the middle class and turn the rich into super rich." And that's exactly what happened. Supply side was a crackpot theory. It has been debunked.

It is not radical to remove the patient from a hospital run by charlatans. Keynes is right; Hayek is wrong. Austrian economics is a fraud. It's over.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You are talking to a person who doesnt understand how tax brackets work...best to just move on
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I find it interesting that everyone loves Kloubuchar but she's the one getting treated the most like Clinton this cycle. Apparently she's just a massive *****. New story out today is she berated a staffer for forgetting utensils and ate a salad with a comb.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I find it interesting that everyone loves Kloubuchar but she's the one getting treated the most like Clinton this cycle. Apparently she's just a massive *****. New story out today is she berated a staffer for forgetting utensils and ate a salad with a comb.

The comb story, whatever.

The underlying fact that she had the highest staff turnover in Congress for years? That's troubling, considering how many asshats are in Congress.

Anyone who's ever had a boss that treats employees like that has stories. And many may seem trivial in isolation, but death by 1000 paper cuts is still death.
                    Last edited by unofan; 02-23-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      If not now, when? If not us, who?

We aren't recommending radical change. We are recommending the end of the radical experiment of the last 38 years. Milton Friedman was wrong. He had a theory and all the other economists said "if you do that you just hollow out the middle class and turn the rich into super rich." And that's exactly what happened. Supply side was a crackpot theory. It has been debunked.

It is not radical to remove the patient from a hospital run by charlatans. Keynes is right; Hayek is wrong. Austrian economics is a fraud. It's over.
                      You can't tell me that you're not old enough to know that change always comes. Sure there are always bigots, but LGBTQ rights are in a different stratosphere than when we were in the 80s. We need to win the election. Period. And then we can run the country from the left until we get kicked out for it. ok?

Why is it that every single GOP candidate races to the center every single election and they always punch above their weight. And why on the other hand do liberals think we should race to the left prior to election time - when no policy actually happens prior to election time? Can we please just get a D elected first? I do not want another 4 years of Trump.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        The comb story, whatever.

The underlying fact that she had the highest staff turnover in Congress for years? That's troubling, considering how many asshats are in Congress.

Anyone who's ever had a boss that treats employees like that has stories. And many may seem trivial in isolation, but death by 1000 paper cuts is still death.
                        Candidates are going to have tons of enemies. I can recall Obama got exceedingly bad press from some surprising circles. He turned out just fine (unless Lincoln was the only president that will ever meet your standards).

Can we not just buy into everyone's hype story over a year and a half before the election. Everyone esp the press has an agenda. The NYT was running negative ads on her months ago for entirely different reasons that were weak.

Even in a worse case scenario...if hypothetically she gave a staffer tough love, would that make her a terrible president? In the end, can we pls weed out unelectable candidates first. If she belongs there...let her at least deserve it like every other candidate.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Candidates are going to have tons of enemies. I can recall Obama got exceedingly bad press from some surprising circles. He turned out just fine (unless Lincoln was the only president that will ever meet your standards).

Can we not just buy into everyone's hype story over a year and a half before the election. Everyone esp the press has an agenda. The NYT was running negative ads on her months ago for entirely different reasons that were weak.

Even in a worse case scenario...if hypothetically she gave a staffer tough love, would that make her a terrible president? In the end, can we pls weed out unelectable candidates first. If she belongs there...let her at least deserve it like every other candidate.
                          I actually know someone who worked on her staff. She said it was horrible. Worst job she ever had and it wasn’t close. This isn’t just an anecdote. It’s a pattern. I don’t care if she is a total arse to her staff. But when they have the highest turnover in congress, that’s indicative of a bigger problem and not just a tough boss. It’s a culture problem. And if she can’t crrate a culture of dedicated and loyal staffers, she’s going to run into issues. You don’t need to make friends in congress necessarily. But the president is a coalition builder.

I still have her near the top of my list but uno isn’t wrong.

Edit: And your last paragraph doesn’t make sense following your first and second. Your first two say, “Let’s not buy into all the bad press about a candidate.” Your third says, “Weed out the bad candidates.” How do you think that’s accomplished?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I actually know someone who worked on her staff. She said it was horrible. Worst job she ever had and it wasn’t close. This isn’t just an anecdote. It’s a pattern. I don’t care if she is a total arse to her staff. But when they have the highest turnover in congress, that’s indicative of a bigger problem and not just a tough boss. It’s a culture problem. And if she can’t crrate a culture of dedicated and loyal staffers, she’s going to run into issues. You don’t need to make friends in congress necessarily. But the president is a coalition builder.

I still have her near the top of my list but uno isn’t wrong.

Edit: And your last paragraph doesn’t make sense following your first and second. Your first two say, “Let’s not buy into all the bad press about a candidate.” Your third says, “Weed out the bad candidates.” How do you think that’s accomplished?
                            She'd have the same issues that Trump has with leaks while not being an open treasonous criminal
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I have a close friend that was her chief of staff for a long time. Saw more of her than many other employees would have.
                              They have never said worst job ever. They’ve also never said it was easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                I have a close friend that was her chief of staff for a long time. Saw more of her than many other employees would have.
                                They have never said worst job ever. They’ve also never said it was easy.
                                Chief of staff has a little more ability to push back than a low level intern or entry level staffer. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X