This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You don't have to sell me that the Democratic party should not have nominated a conservative.
    At least he didn't have lust in his heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      How often in that clip did Ross attack bubba?
      Perot hated neocons. He was mostly a Bush-hater.

IIRC, he was a social conservative, but believed in higher taxes on the wealthy to pay down the debt, and hated trickle-down.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Ah yes, can't equate $ with Jews
        She should've phrased it better, and this is why Twitter sucks.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

IIRC, he was a social conservative, but believed in higher taxes on the wealthy to pay down the debt, and hated trickle-down.
          Talk about a living fossil. A social conservative and fiscal liberal?

(And yes, I know some people cling to the canard that they are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, It’s just rare to see the opposite.)
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You've seriously never watched the Perot infomercials? They're on YouTube. In the classical alignment, Perot was a conservative / conservative.

I still love how he described exorbitant CEO pay as "rockstar income".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIVI0CbCmg

That said, there's a lot to dislike in his views.
            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-11-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Nope

But I will now
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

BTW, apparently DeBlasio still thinks he can make a serious run, even though more than half of New York hates him.

Comment

What did he even do wrong?
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Wasn’t he pro-choice and for gay rights (sort of)?

He was hardcore into the war on drugs though, including harsher penalties for marijuana

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      Not that I recall...but maybe I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        My recollection is his company did weird crypto-fascist sh-t like search its employees' lockers for evidence of "an unstable lifestyle" (drugs, alcohol) and warned employees to avoid "risky lifestyles" (sex/pregnancy without marriage for women, adultery for both sexes). A lot of f-ckwit (read: Krazy Kristian) employers did stuff like that back in the 80s and 90s. Coors got in semi-serious trouble for it IINM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

His bread and butter was "If you see a snake, you don't have a cmte meet to decide what to do! You just kill the snake"
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            My recollection is his company did weird crypto-fascist sh-t like search its employees' lockers for evidence of "an unstable lifestyle" (drugs, alcohol) and warned employees to avoid "risky lifestyles" (sex/pregnancy without marriage for women, adultery for both sexes). A lot of f-ckwit (read: Krazy Kristian) employers did stuff like that back in the 80s and 90s. Coors got in semi-serious trouble for it IINM.
                            I believe he said that he didn’t want to hire anyone that did drugs or even drank alcohol

as a candidate he said something like “We are a country of individual rights, and it’s that simple to me” regarding homosexuality and “It’s a woman’s choice” regarding abortion.

He also wanted to cut social security but was for Medicare for all

The national debt was his obsession. Not sure anything else really mattered when it came to running for president

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Trump will get the exact same amount of votes he got last time...
                              Boy if that isn't an indictment of a large swath of Americans nothing is. Sadly this is true. The only people who voted for trump in 2016 who are not gonna do so in 2020 are the ones that will be dead.

the Dems show up they win.
                              This. So much this. The only way to right this ship is to win elections. We got a start to that in 2018. A similar result in 2020 and we might see some real differences being made. Having said that though, never underestimate the Democratic party's ability to screw up a wet dream. Eyes on the prize everyone. Pledge now to love, honor and support whoever gets the Democratic nomination in the Summer of 2020. As far as I'm concerned I'm treating he or she like a combination of the good qualities of the Roosevelts and Abe Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Mentioning the former governor of Arkanas:

Say we know of Mr. Clinton what we knew of him in 1991 (no more, no less). Would that "1991 Bill Clinton" even get a sniff of the D nomination for 2020?
                                He probably would stay on the sidelines today. Many thought he was seriously thinking of running in 1988. He surprised a lot of the people who paid close attention to him when he announced he would not run. I believe that announcement came just weeks after the Gary Hart/Donna Rice news hit. In retrospect some thought his decision in 1988 may have been based on his fear that the open secret of his womanizing may have become simply OPEN then as surely his dalliances would have come to light since they certainly ran deeper than anything Gary Hart may have done. He obviously re-assessed his chances 4 years later and decided he could either overcome or sufficiently hide his womanizing.

Comment

Working...
                                X