Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 566

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

  1. #201
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Trump (R) 53, Harris (D) 47
    Trump (R) 52, Warren (D) 48
    Trump (R) 50, Sanders (D) 49
    Biden (D) 51, Trump (R) 49
    Emerson
    *** is wrong with Americans

  2. #202
    Loser Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    39,314

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Yeah sorry I dont buy any of that...consider the source.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  3. #203
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,525

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Trump (R) 53, Harris (D) 47
    Trump (R) 52, Warren (D) 48
    Trump (R) 50, Sanders (D) 49
    Biden (D) 51, Trump (R) 49
    Emerson
    In Iowa.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  4. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    13,293

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    In Iowa.
    OK whew...just saw the headline of the poll.
    Go Gophers!

  5. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,860

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Iowans still love Steve king so who gives a rats *** what they think

  6. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,521

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Iowans still love Steve king so who gives a rats *** what they think
    Given how close all of those are in Iowa it furthers the point that just about anyone could beat Trump nationally.

  7. #207
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,311

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Iowans still love Steve king so who gives a rats *** what they think
    And Iowa is a border state.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  8. #208
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,807

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Some people won't be able to handle the full spotlight. To put it in a baseball perspective, you can be a superstar at the AAA level, but not be good enough for the majors. Obviously, Klobuchar has done very well as a senator. Is she ready to make the jump? Can she handle the jump? On the surface, I would think so.
    This is why I like candidates that are former governors. At least you have an idea of how they'll handle the top executive position.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  9. #209
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,807

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    too old, too late.
    Yeah, but mook, we know you'd renew your Skinimax cable subscription just the same.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  10. #210
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,311

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    This is why I like candidates that are former governors. At least you have an idea of how they'll handle the top executive position.
    You mean like when W handed all the power over to the VP? Boy, that was a good one. We really knew what was going to happen there.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  11. #211
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,807

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You mean like when W handed all the power over to the VP? Boy, that was a good one. We really knew what was going to happen there.
    There are no perfect criteria, just preferred, and they can be wrong.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  12. #212
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Iowans still love Steve king so who gives a rats *** what they think
    A quarter of Iowans in the part that is essentially Nebraska love Steve King. The other 3 quarters went blue.

    That was +2 for the Ds last year, while Minnesota struggled to break even. So Fark off.
    Last edited by unofan; 02-04-2019 at 03:53 PM.

  13. #213
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,212
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    This is why I like candidates that are former governors. At least you have an idea of how they'll handle the top executive position.
    Being governor of North Dakota is less impressive than being the mayor of pretty much any major city. Your standard is weak.
    Last edited by unofan; 02-04-2019 at 03:54 PM.

  14. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    A quarter of Iowans in the part that is essentially Nebraska love Steve King. The other 3 quarters went blue. So Fark off.
    Rs hold all chambers in Iowa, correct? So no, I really donít care what Iowans think and certainly donít trust them to determine the D candidate

  15. #215
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Rs hold all chambers in Iowa, correct? So no, I really donít care what Iowans think and certainly donít trust them to determine the D candidate
    To the extent Iowa is a proxy for Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, you should.

  16. #216
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,807

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Being governor of North Dakota is less impressive than being the mayor of pretty much any major city. Your standard is weak.
    How many mayors have to deal with a bicameral legislature?

    And what's "too small" to be considered? Arkansas (3 million)?

    Frankly, I'd put ND's current governor up there as one of the best public executives in the country right now (even though he carries that NDSU stain on the resume ).

    I think Hickenlooper's got some potential and I'd like to hear more. But Colorado is only 5.6 million people ...
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-04-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  17. #217
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,628

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Live Pavlov's dogs its amazing how a poll will get reactions out of people. The first thing to be suspicious of is that everybody has completely made up their minds so that the totals add up 100% with the Trump vs - contests. Also, while Sanders is well known I'm skeptical that Warren is at that level and Harris certainly isn't...yet they're all pulling in about the same %? Smells funny. Either Trump paid for this poll or Biden did!
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  18. #218
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,807

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Folks, about that Iowa poll.

    Iowa.
    Poll.

    No further comment.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  19. #219
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,212
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    How many mayors have to deal with a bicameral legislature?

    And what's "too small" to be considered? Arkansas (3 million)?

    Frankly, I'd put ND's current governor up there as one of the best public executives in the country right now (even though he carries that NDSU stain on the resume ).

    I think Hickenlooper's got some potential and I'd like to hear more. But Colorado is only 5.6 million people ...
    Yeah, it's easy to be governor during an oil boom. Talk to me in 20 years when we've transitioned to electric vehicles and the oil money is dried up.

    And size wise, how about being big enough to qualify for having your own congressional district if you weren't guaranteed one based on state lines.
    Last edited by unofan; 02-04-2019 at 04:16 PM.

  20. #220
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,311

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: Weekend at Bernie's

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Yeah, it's easy to be governor during an oil boom. Talk to me in 20 years when we've transitioned to electric vehicles and the oil money is dried up.

    And size wise, how about being big enough to qualify for having your own congressional district if you weren't guaranteed one based on state lines.
    This. My bet is when the oil dries up they pull a Brownback/Kansas gambit. We all know how well that worked out for their economy.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •