Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 26th Alaska Governor's Cup - Decade Sweep Edition

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
    It has been a few years since I have seen the video from that game in 2003. Thanks for making it easy to find!
    Was that the game that UAA had won, but the Nanooks came back to score 3 goals in like 35 seconds? If I remember right, Matt Shasby took a really stupid penalty by throwing the puck out of their zone.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Seawolves Win!
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        I can’t believe you guys fell for the obvious troll bait. No wait, I’m not surprised at all.

Here’s the breakdown: UAA is the worst team in college hockey. It UAF loses to the worst team in college hockey we’ll make fun of them. If UAF wins then whatever.
        Commence with the laughter!
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Seawolves Win!
          Finally nice to see them rewarded for playing solid hockey.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Finally nice to see them rewarded for playing solid hockey.
            They scored two goals on the PP, I don't know this world we live in now...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Took that one on the chin...
              Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                For the 93rd time..........
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                  I had forgotten but that’s 3 in a row for UAA in Fairbanks. I kind of wonder what the record is over the last 10 years?
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

ADN throwing some shade at Fairbanks on Twitter:
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

ADN throwing some shade at Fairbanks on Twitter:
                      Tarnished by assuming the hockey team plays in the GNAC.

How will the boys respond tonight, that what I really want to see.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Sucks but to be expected, they won one more game than we thought they would.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Great response tonight after the stinker of a game Friday. Though it would have been nice to capitalize on more of our chances tonight. Props to the Seawolves on Friday that finished on some opportunities. Looking forward to a great series in anchorage in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            Was that the game that UAA had won, but the Nanooks came back to score 3 goals in like 35 seconds? If I remember right, Matt Shasby took a really stupid penalty by throwing the puck out of their zone.
                            Yes. Took a timeout at 35 seconds and scored 2 goals by the 18 second mark. And then added an empty netter just before the buzzer.

Comment

Seawolves played a heck of a weekend. Nooks needed to play a full 60 minutes and UAA took full advantage of it when they started to slack.

It’s nice to have some good competitive games. See you all in March!

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                Seawolves played a heck of a weekend. Nooks needed to play a full 60 minutes and UAA took full advantage of it when they started to slack.

It’s nice to have some good competitive games. See you all in March!
                                This UAA team really is better than their record indicates. There have been numerous games that they "should" have won. Trouble putting the puck in the net. I do see a lot of improvement though - better passing, moving their feet more, just more hustle and "will to win" than I have seen in quite some time.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X