26th Alaska Governor's Cup - Decade Sweep Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    So we losing a shootout for the Cup which the refs will screw up is how this is going down, is it not?

Tis the Seawolf way. I do not expect anymore heartbreak more than this but don't count them out simply on my behalf.

I will probably make it down to the Sully Saturday night after a solid Friday night win, because tradition.
    I feel like UAA will win on Friday and Saturday but in 3 on 3 OT or the shootout and the decision will be “No, those are ties. You have to do a shootout to decide the Cup.” And UAA will lose that.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I feel like UAA will win on Friday and Saturday but in 3 on 3 OT or the shootout and the decision will be “No, those are ties. You have to do a shootout to decide the Cup.” And UAA will lose that.
      Has anybody said what the format is? Are they using the WCHA win/loss record, or the NCAA win/loss/tie record? If Sat goes to a shootout for WCHA purposes, but the series also remains tied, is there a separate shootout for the Cup? Do we dare to hope for back-to-back shootouts?

Comment

Re: 26th Alaska Governor's Cup - Decade Sweep Edition

On second thought, there is no different WCHA win/loss record. The WCHA stuff is just a “points” gimmick. A tie is a tie is a tie. But even if they use NCAA win/losses, as they should, there still needs to be a tie breaker for the Cup just like there is for tournaments. So there will probably be a final shootout (best of three or five) even if there is a WCHA sudden death shootout for Saturday’s game. Or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          Has anybody said what the format is? Are they using the WCHA win/loss record, or the NCAA win/loss/tie record? If Sat goes to a shootout for WCHA purposes, but the series also remains tied, is there a separate shootout for the Cup? Do we dare to hope for back-to-back shootouts?
          I haven’t seen it clarified anywhere (and thus why I bring up that scenario).
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Roster check
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

On second thought, there is no different WCHA win/loss record. The WCHA stuff is just a “points” gimmick. A tie is a tie is a tie. But even if they use NCAA win/losses, as they should, there still needs to be a tie breaker for the Cup just like there is for tournaments. So there will probably be a final shootout (best of three or five) even if there is a WCHA sudden death shootout for Saturday’s game. Or not.
              I mean, why not use WCHA points as the tiebreaker? You’ve already done the work, why do it again?
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                I mean, why not use WCHA points as the tiebreaker? You’ve already done the work, why do it again?
                Anyway UA_ wins, that is the way.

I don't think there has been a double shootout before?
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

I don't think there has been a double shootout before?
                  It wouldn’t be allowed by NCAA rule. For the NMU/LSSU Cappo Cup. Total goals was the tiebreaker if the season series ended even. If it was still tied, last year’s winner would have retained the Cup.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    It wouldn’t be allowed by NCAA rule. For the NMU/LSSU Cappo Cup. Total goals was the tiebreaker if the season series ended even. If it was still tied, last year’s winner would have retained the Cup.
                    We’ve never used total goals or goal differential to determine Gov Cup. This method was used during the tournaments each team respectively hosted. Let’s just hope it doesn’t go in to a shootout to avoid any drama!

Comment

UAF press release says WCHA points is the winner. Not sure what the tie breaker sequence is if we end up 6-6.
                      Hopefully the Nooks will make it a moot point.

Go Nooks!

Comment

I’m glad you see the light...
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          UAA vs.ALASKA FAIRBANKS
                          Series record: UAA leads 93-68-12
                          At Anchorage: UAA leads 51-25-7
                          At Fairbanks: 42-43-5
                          Neutral Site: N/A
                          Most UAA goals: 13, (13-3, 11/16/79)
                          Most UAF goals: 9, (9-6, 02/16/90)
                          Combined goals: 16, (13-3, 11/16/79)
                          Biggest UAA win: 11, (11-0, 01/26/80)
                          Biggest UAF win: 6, (6-0, 10/23/04)
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            UAA vs.ALASKA FAIRBANKS
                            Series record: UAA leads 93-68-12
                            At Anchorage: UAA leads 51-25-7
                            At Fairbanks: 42-43-5
                            Neutral Site: N/A
                            Most UAA goals: 13, (13-3, 11/16/79)
                            Most UAF goals: 9, (9-6, 02/16/90)
                            Combined goals: 16, (13-3, 11/16/79)
                            Biggest UAA win: 11, (11-0, 01/26/80) **
                            Biggest UAF win: 6, (6-0, 10/23/04)
                            Are those typos? or were the scrolls just difficult to read due to water damage from the big flood back then. Read that only Unicorns and Seawolves missed the boat.
                            ** FYI, I think Tommy's Elbow Room beat us by the same score that year.

Comment

Are those typos? or were the scrolls just difficult to read due to water damage from the big flood back then. Read that only Unicorns and Seawolves missed the boat.
                              UA_ has yet to fix their Butter Bean ****show stats. ......just sayin

** FYI, I think Tommy's Elbow Room beat us by the same score that year.
                              You lost to those chick bartenders from Tommy's. LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                Kinda suprised to see so much positive thinking from fellow Seawolf fans. I don't trust this group of Seawolves to score on their own goal, in irony the goalie would actually pitch a shutout.

Looking forward to the roster purge.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X