26th Alaska Governor's Cup - Decade Sweep Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 26th Alaska Governor's Cup - Decade Sweep Edition

I'm still confused as to why Sinclair was kicked out at the end of the game? The Nanook goalie took his second penalty of the night (I think) when he deliberately pushed the net off … but Sinclair wasn't even near any scrums. Head scratcher.

3429 people there tonight. If they could draw that kind of a crowd on a regular basis, the hockey program would almost pay for itself.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      I'm still confused as to why Sinclair was kicked out at the end of the game? The Nanook goalie took his second penalty of the night (I think) when he deliberately pushed the net off … but Sinclair wasn't even near any scrums. Head scratcher.
      Rule 26.2, awarded goal. They should be in OT.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post

3429 people there tonight. If they could draw that kind of a crowd on a regular basis, the hockey program would almost pay for itself.
        Unfortunately I'm out of town or I'd have been there, but I saw the attendance number.

Honestly even the normal 1800 or so is fairly decent for a program that's so down. There is real potential for a good fanbase but I'm not sure the program can get it together with the budget sword constantly hanging over its head. I'm rooting for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Rule 26.2, awarded goal. They should be in OT.
          Was the puck close to going in? That goalie is a real piece of work. How many times did he punch, slash, trip, etc? Does he always play so dirty?
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Was the puck close to going in? That goalie is a real piece of work. How many times did he punch, slash, trip, etc? Does he always play so dirty?
            Certainly looked like it on replay.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Certainly looked like it on replay.
              26.2 Infractions – When Goalkeeper is On the Ice – A goal will be awarded when an attacking player, in the act of shooting the puck into the goal (between the normal position of the posts and completely across the goal line), is prevented from scoring as a result of a defending player or goalkeeper displacing the goal post, either deliberately or accidentally. (This is from the NHL rule book).

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well, I looked at the box score and they called unsportsmanlike conduct on Sinclair. I think that was the "ref special" for the weekend.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

26.2 Infractions – When Goalkeeper is On the Ice – A goal will be awarded when an attacking player, in the act of shooting the puck into the goal (between the normal position of the posts and completely across the goal line), is prevented from scoring as a result of a defending player or goalkeeper displacing the goal post, either deliberately or accidentally. (This is from the NHL rule book).
                  No, it's the NCAA Rule Book.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

No, it's the NCAA Rule Book.
                    It may be, but I couldn't find it. What I copied and pasted was taken from the NHL rule book.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It may be, but I couldn't find it. What I copied and pasted was taken from the NHL rule book.
                      26.2, in that link. Awarded goals, Net Dislodgement.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        He was defending his ice. He may have been a bit dramatic. No worse than Mantha when he would react to people getting up in his face.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                          And if you look at the ref the wrong way they just add a ten minute misconduct on top of it.
                          When you get a game misconduct, it’s a ten minute add to your stat column.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Uh huh...

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              There were multiple 10 minute misconducts on Friday and another one tonight that were not associated with game misconducts.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                                There were multiple 10 minute misconducts on Friday and another one tonight that were not associated with game misconducts.
                                There were multiple ones tonight as well.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X