26th Alaska Governor's Cup - Decade Sweep Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
    There were multiple 10 minute misconducts on Friday and another one tonight that were not associated with game misconducts.
    Please explain why any were undeserved. Usually those kind are for “illegal use of the mouth.” Chirp at the ref. Use a couple of the wrong phrases. You get 10.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      26.2 Infractions – When Goalkeeper is On the Ice – A goal will be awarded when an attacking player, in the act of shooting the puck into the goal (between the normal position of the posts and completely across the goal line), is prevented from scoring as a result of a defending player or goalkeeper displacing the goal post, either deliberately or accidentally. (This is from the NHL rule book).
      Anton used his upper body to block the original shot. It ended up pushing the net up when he has the action of blocking. This dislodged the net. When the refs didn’t notice it was dislodged, he pushes it back because any goal wouldn’t have counted anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoinak View Post
        Unfortunately I'm out of town or I'd have been there, but I saw the attendance number.

Honestly even the normal 1800 or so is fairly decent for a program that's so down. There is real potential for a good fanbase but I'm not sure the program can get it together with the budget sword constantly hanging over its head. I'm rooting for you guys.
        Had 25+ years to figure it out and one winning season since joining the WCHA. Meanwhile look at every other sport and they have done since hockey went big time.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
          Anton used his upper body to block the original shot. It ended up pushing the net up when he has the action of blocking. This dislodged the net. When the refs didn’t notice it was dislodged, he pushes it back because any goal wouldn’t have counted anyways.
          We would have lost in OT or the shootout anyways.

Reminds me of a joke I heard on SpongeBob 15+ years ago.

You are soo cheap, you can't even pay attention.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

So if that is what happened, the faceoff should have been in the defensive zone instead of the neutral zone. All this talk of awarding a goal is a bit out of context. That rule is for when there is clear evidence the puck is going in, such as on an empty net and a player knocks the net off on purpose.
            Last edited by CKrouth; 03-03-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I'm still confused as to why Sinclair was kicked out at the end of the game? The Nanook goalie took his second penalty of the night (I think) when he deliberately pushed the net off … but Sinclair wasn't even near any scrums. Head scratcher.

3429 people there tonight. If they could draw that kind of a crowd on a regular basis, the hockey program would almost pay for itself.
              How many of those were Fairbanks fans though? We had a good showing this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                So if that is what happened, the faceoff should have been in the defensive zone instead of the neutral zone. All this talk of awarding a goal is a bit out of context. That rule is for when there is clear evidence the puck is going in, such as on an empty net and a player knocks the net off on purpose.
                https://youtu.be/ebo-qNcdNWE

Can see everything at around the 1:37 mark

Comment

• Re: 26th Alaska Governor's Cup - Decade Sweep Edition

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  3429 people there tonight. If they could draw that kind of a crowd on a regular basis, the hockey program would almost pay for itself.
                  Getting some wins would go a long way towards attaining that number.
                  Coach Curley has this team heading in the right direction. There's no quit in this team. Maybe an off night a few times however I watched every game and never saw them quit.
                  Get a few snipers in there and this team will do fine.
                  It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

So when he makes the save, the net becomes dislodged. Its not uncommon for goalies to push it more to get the referees attention. I have seen this happen many times. As the defending team knocked it off, the ensuing faceoff should have been in the defending zone, not the neutral zone, however, since they ruled a penalty on the goalkeeper, that should have guaranteed a faceoff in the defending zone.

Interesting chain of events...

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post

Yeah, the puck was nowhere near the goal. The rule JJ quoted isn't talking about something like this.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                        So when he makes the save, the net becomes dislodged. Its not uncommon for goalies to push it more to get the referees attention. I have seen this happen many times. As the defending team knocked it off, the ensuing faceoff should have been in the defending zone, not the neutral zone, however, since they ruled a penalty on the goalkeeper, that should have guaranteed a faceoff in the defending zone.

Interesting chain of events...
                        Don’t know on this one, but Martinsson was called for one penalty in Kato for intentionally knocking off the net, and a couple other semi-obvious ones went uncalled. Let’s just say there’s a pattern here.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          Don’t know on this one, but Martinsson was called for one penalty in Kato for intentionally knocking off the net, and a couple other semi-obvious ones went uncalled. Let’s just say there’s a pattern here.
                          It certainly wouldn't be the first time the Nooks got caught cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            That one in Mankato was ridiculous. He slid to the post to make a save and the net came off a little too easily in my opinion. As it did a few other times that game when it did not involve Martinsson.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              It was his second penalty in the UAA game. I agree with you on the "pattern". And it's all on video, which the refs have to review after each game. I'm sure they will be keeping a close eye on him in the future.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                How many of those were Fairbanks fans though? We had a good showing this weekend.
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X